Glasgood's macOS Mojave [SUCCESS][GUIDE] for Aorus Z390 Pro

glasgood
1,582 posts in this topic

Hi, thank you for this amazingly detailed guide. But i have some issues on installing op system.

My build:

Auros Elite

5700 XT Sapphire

i9-9900k

970 EVO PLUS ssd

I tried many different guides but yours is the only one thats not crashing before getting to the install menu. But with your guide after the text runs off and should pop up the install page my screen goes black and stays black. Please help.

IMG_1239.JPG

Edited by pats123

Hey Glasgood, thank you so, so much for this awesome Tutorial. It worked like a charm and I am really happy with my Hackintosh. I used almost the same Specs as you (Same Motherboard), except for different Ram (G-Skill) and H60 Watercooler from Corsair, and Saphire R580. However unfortunately all my USB 3 Ports including the USB C port on the Backside do not work. Only the USB 2.0 work.  I saw that you have a tutorial but I get Error 404 and I am stuck. Any help, advice or tipps would be greatly appreciated. My EFI can be found here: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s342/sh/8a583f81-5e2f-408c-a354-21aef6cc4754/20a6da56f955d4055e240c03f8eb7280

Thanks again for your amazing tutorial and sharing of your knowledge. this is my first Hackintosh build and thanks to your EFI Files and great tutorial it worked great!

Greetings from Snowy Switzerland

Simon

config.plist

Screenshot 2019-11-17 at 14.41.24.jpeg

1 hour ago, seimen_x said:

Hey Glasgood, thank you so, so much for this awesome Tutorial. It worked like a charm and I am really happy with my Hackintosh. I used almost the same Specs as you (Same Motherboard), except for different Ram (G-Skill) and H60 Watercooler from Corsair, and Saphire R580. However unfortunately all my USB 3 Ports including the USB C port on the Backside do not work. Only the USB 2.0 work.  I saw that you have a tutorial but I get Error 404 and I am stuck. Any help, advice or tipps would be greatly appreciated. My EFI can be found here: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s342/sh/8a583f81-5e2f-408c-a354-21aef6cc4754/20a6da56f955d4055e240c03f8eb7280

Thanks again for your amazing tutorial and sharing of your knowledge. this is my first Hackintosh build and thanks to your EFI Files and great tutorial it worked great!

Greetings from Snowy Switzerland

Simon

config.plist

Screenshot 2019-11-17 at 14.41.24.jpeg

Please use the EFI attached to @AudioGod's thread

• Thanks 1

I'm having an odd issue with my build. Not sure if anyone else does. I've been using my hack for at least five months. This week I plugged in an old monitor into the HDMI on the motherboard and it crashed my whole system. Leaving it plugged in after restart the computer crashed after a minute or so.

Can I not use the internal HDMI port? I am using WG 1.3.4 and Lilu 1.3.9

38 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

I'm having an odd issue with my build. Not sure if anyone else does. I've been using my hack for at least five months. This week I plugged in an old monitor into the HDMI on the motherboard and it crashed my whole system. Leaving it plugged in after restart the computer crashed after a minute or so.

Can I not use the internal HDMI port? I am using WG 1.3.4 and Lilu 1.3.9

You can use the internal igpu with a gpu in headless mode only. You can not have it as a second gpu and use it’s outputs. That will indeed freak out your hack and make it crash. 
add a second rx570 if you want more outputs bud.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know if it’s possible to get this motherboard working with the intel IGPU?? I currently have a dual boot windows and Mac running on a RX580 GPU. I use my Mac for document typing work and other none gpu intensive work stuff and I play games on windows. I really want to use my Nvidia RTX graphics card while gaming but obviously would have to switch it out with rx580 every time I want to use it -_-. Anyone know if it’s possible to plug the RTX graphics card into the motherboard and only boot Igpu when I’m booting into Mac? Is this tried and true or a failed venture ? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Will a 5700 XT Card work with this guide? I already have it running on my PC via the UHD630 EFI, but just recently purchased an XT so I'm wondering if i switch the EFI's and install the card, will it work? Thanks in advance to anyone who replies 

7 hours ago, corrie said:

Will a 5700 XT Card work with this guide? I already have it running on my PC via the UHD630 EFI, but just recently purchased an XT so I'm wondering if i switch the EFI's and install the card, will it work? Thanks in advance to anyone who replies 

Yes it will work if you go to my thread and download the newest Navi version of my EFI buddy :thumbsup_anim:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I have nearly the same configuration as @glasgood's setup - the tutorial is amazing, thanks.

including the thunderbolt board.

The biggest difference is that I'm running a AMD RX Vega 56 8GB card.

I'm using the Aorus Pro EFI Vega 56 EFI provided by glasgood at the end of his tutorial.

I've installed using an old monitor with a HDMI to DVI converter. The system setup beautifully and ran without any problems. I've now moved it to two bigger monitors, that are attached through the display port.

Now I get sudden random freezes, where the mouse disappears and the picture still is on the display. (Even pushing the reset button will not reboot - I have to switch off the machine!!)

Could anybody help me what the issues could be?

thanks

yp

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, jig1056 said:

does anyone know where I can get the EFI zip file mentioned in the article?  The link doesn't work at this time. 

go here for the Z390 Pro,

this is an older guide and has now been updated. You can find a link to the new guide inside my thread. 
EFI for Z390 Pro

• Like 1

Best guide yet!!  Thanks so much for this.  Have gotten a lot of  things working on my Aorus pro wifi with i7-9700.  Am still waiting for add on wifi/BT card but THANKS. 

Would appreciate your thoughts on graphics acceleration though.  Am running a Sapphire RX5700 XT Nitro+.  Haven’t done a frame buffer adjust as yet BUT ... whilst “about this MAC” reports the card “OK” (attached) Fusion360 (one of my major use cases) reverts to software rendering as it apparently doesn’t see it

image.jpg

BF7EB0A1-8268-4210-ACEB-9FB36A6860D4.jpeg

Edited by StuW
Idiot writer added upside down screen grab

41 minutes ago, StuW said:

Best guide yet!!  Thanks so much for this.  Have gotten a lot of  things working on my Aorus pro wifi with i7-9700.  Am still waiting for add on wifi/BT card but THANKS. 

Would appreciate your thoughts on graphics acceleration though.  Am running a Sapphire RX5700 XT Nitro+.  Haven’t done a frame buffer adjust as yet BUT ... whilst “about this MAC” reports the card “OK” (attached) Fusion360 (one of my major use cases) reverts to software rendering as it apparently doesn’t see it

image.jpg

BF7EB0A1-8268-4210-ACEB-9FB36A6860D4.jpeg

Ok - looks like this is as good as I’ll get in Mojave.  Bit more reading and I think I’ll need Catalina !? 

I used hackintosh install of catalina on Aorus Z390 pro for about 6 months (it was beta), I don't know why it did not let me upgrade to non-beta 15.3, somewhere I found EFI folder for Z390 pro, started using it and it was ok, but the longer it ran the worse it got. I had gotten used to ram beeing at 85-90% (what the hell is pressure?), apps becoming unresponsive (opening with blank windows, not able to use them) when only thing helping was reboot. And reboot was quite slow. 

When I had enough, started to google for help.

Just wanted to say that this is awesome description, bios update and osx catalina install went without a single hitch. all is working, sleep is no problem, everything is a lot faster now and ram (with parallels windows instance open in background) is about 50%.

Happy camper here!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2019 at 11:12 PM, glasgood said:

Hi,

Use AudioGod’s updated EFI folder for your hack, link below 

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/339980-audiogods-aorus-z390-pro-patched-dsdt-mini-guide-and-discussion/ 

Hi,

I have the same problem with the back panel usb 3 ports not being backward compatible with usb 2 devices; the front panel USB 3 ports work with USB 2 devices. However, AudioGod's EFI is specific to bios version of the PRO board. I have the PRO WIFI version, so I am not sure if his EFI would work. Is there a way to make the back panel USB3 ports backward compatible needing to have a specific bios and motherboard?

12 minutes ago, Project 2501 said:

Hi,

I have the same problem with the back panel usb 3 ports not being backward compatible with usb 2 devices; the front panel USB 3 ports work with USB 2 devices. However, AudioGod's EFI is specific to bios version of the PRO board. I have the PRO WIFI version, so I am not sure if his EFI would work. Is there a way to make the back panel USB3 ports backward compatible needing to have a specific bios and motherboard?

It will work no problem just make sure your using the latest bios for the pro WiFi and your be golden.

you also can’t use my bios profile but you can just do the settings manually yourself

7 hours ago, AudioGod said:

It will work no problem just make sure your using the latest bios for the pro WiFi and your be golden.

you also can’t use my bios profile but you can just do the settings manually yourself

Thanks for your (and pkdesign) quick reply. I'm lucky I found that specific post in this thread... 62 pages is a lot to comb through; the terms I used in global search didn't return relevant hits.

I'll give it a try ASAP. It might take a while to report back, since I am doing this in bits and pieces in my spare time. My current Hackintosh is working fine, so I am in no hurry.