Glasgood's macOS Mojave [SUCCESS][GUIDE] for Aorus Z390 Pro

glasgood
1,582 posts in this topic

without Slide=0 system doesn't even start :/ 

IMG_7396.JPG

not sure is all of the issues causing overclocking? 

without Slide=0 system doesn't even start :/ 

IMG_7396.thumb.JPG.360c7c05481acd7d32d37ef5e3a9d806.JPG
not sure is all of the issues causing overclocking? 

Save your bios and reset it by removing the battery for a minute or two and then put the battery back and load in your saved bios and try again without slide=0 and with your igpu disabled in the bios too if it’s not already

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 10/26/2019 at 9:01 PM, AudioGod said:

sounds like bad memory to me buddy. Memtestx86 will revile the problem if there is one

Hi Audiogod,

thanks a lot for your help and the EFI folder. My machine is running now stable. It turned out that I only get the freezes when I have X.M.P enabled. now the memory is only running at 2133mhz instead of 3000mhz which I think is ok. nevertheless I would like to know why its not running at the higher speed. You have any Ideas? BTW it's the same problem in windows 10. So with up to 3 sticks of 16gb ram it runs smooth in Mac and win but by adding the 4th it freezes in Mac and reboots in win.

Just now, benjiolino said:

Hi Audiogod,

thanks a lot for your help and the EFI folder. My machine is running now stable. It turned out that I only get the freezes when I have X.M.P enabled. now the memory is only running at 2133mhz instead of 3000mhz which I think is ok. nevertheless I would like to know why its not running at the higher speed. You have any Ideas? BTW it's the same problem in windows 10. So with up to 3 sticks of 16gb ram it runs smooth in Mac and win but by adding the 4th it freezes in Mac and reboots in win.

Test your memory using memtestx86 and that will tell you if your memory is faulty or not because it sounds like they can’t run at there XMP speed to me. Run two sticks using Slots a2 b2 and with XMP on and test and if it fails then drop down to single stick tests.

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

Test your memory using memtestx86 and that will tell you if your memory is faulty or not because it sounds like they can’t run at there XMP speed to me. Run two sticks using Slots a2 b2 and with XMP on and test and if it fails then drop down to single stick tests.

I did a Memtest from USB yesterday for more the 2 hours with 4 sticks installed and did not get any error. maybe I should leave it running longer.

Just now, benjiolino said:

I did a Memtest from USB yesterday for more the 2 hours with 4 sticks installed and did not get any error. maybe I should leave it running longer.

Was that with XMP enabled?

if it wasn’t then that’s what you need to do buddy

2 hours ago, benjiolino said:

can't remember anymore :) 

I will do it again...

@benjiolino I have populated all four of my memory slots for you to double check on my side. Im running 4x8gb of 3200mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB with XMP enabled and its absolutely fine.

I even ran a few passes of memtestx86 and then did a few stress tests in Catalina all with no troubles so the problem is more then likely hardware based than anything else I think buddy.

Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 14.12.10.png

53 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@benjiolino I have populated all four of my memory slots for you to double check on my side. Im running 4x8gb of 3200mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB with XMP enabled and its absolutely fine.

I even ran a few passes of memtestx86 and then did a few stress tests in Catalina all with no troubles so the problem is more then likely hardware based than anything else I think buddy.

Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 14.12.10.png

yeah I think its a combination of RAM, Motherboard and CPU. I read a lot about it and many people have that kind of problems. it's also the cheapest RAM I have. G.Skill value select or something like this. I think I just don't use XMP. guess it docent make a difference anyways

On 10/26/2019 at 8:45 PM, AudioGod said:

use my attached EFI and try again also are you using a rx gpu or a vega?

if your using a rx card then replace the dsdt in the efi with the one supplied otherwise if using a vega 56/64 or Radion VII then use the dsdt already installed in the efi. :)

Today I received my Vega 64 and all work well.... but the GUI resolution on DP Ports are {censored}... how to fix it ? on HDMI it looks like it should.

Just now, Bill_h4ze said:

Today I received my Vega 64 and all work well.... but the GUI resolution on DP Ports are {censored}... how to fix it ? on HDMI it looks like it should.

Some Gpus need to have CSM disabled so go into the bios and disable it and see if that helps?

if you already have it disabled then enable it and try.

7 minutes ago, Bill_h4ze said:

with both options no change... 

i don't understand why hdmi working fine... 

ok so with CSM enabled go into your clover config and set the display to 1920x1080 save and restart.

that should sort it out for you

1 minute ago, Bill_h4ze said:

nope still stretched image :(

Ok then try leaving the resolution blank in the clover config and try with CSM disabled and enabled and if that don’t work you got to just try different resolutions in the clover config until you find one that works for your monitor. 

11 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

ok so with CSM enabled go into your clover config and set the display to 1920x1080 save and restart.

that should sort it out for you

0:953  0:818  === [ InitScreen ] ========================================
0:953  0:000  Console modes reported: 5, available modes:
0:953  0:000   - [01]: 80x25 (current mode)
0:953  0:000   - [02]: 80x50
0:953  0:000   - [03]: 100x31
0:953  0:000   - [04]: 127x33
0:953  0:000   - [05]: 100x60
0:953  0:000  SetMaxResolution: found best mode 4: 1600x1200

this shows log

Just now, Bill_h4ze said:

0:953  0:818  === [ InitScreen ] ========================================
0:953  0:000  Console modes reported: 5, available modes:
0:953  0:000   - [01]: 80x25 (current mode)
0:953  0:000   - [02]: 80x50
0:953  0:000   - [03]: 100x31
0:953  0:000   - [04]: 127x33
0:953  0:000   - [05]: 100x60
0:953  0:000  SetMaxResolution: found best mode 4: 1600x1200

this shows log

Mode 5 is 1080p, I had the exact same problem with my vega 56 but resolved it by setting my res to 1920x1080

On 10/27/2019 at 9:51 PM, AudioGod said:

Save your bios and reset it by removing the battery for a minute or two and then put the battery back and load in your saved bios and try again without slide=0 and with your igpu disabled in the bios too if it’s not already

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

small update.

Bios reset, batt of for the night, all works now like it should.

Also I've unplugged my wifi card from mobo and plugged BT usb dongle. sleep works and waking with apple BT keyboard works. Thanks a lot!

Ah! 10.15.1 will kill your graphic without updating WTG (1.3.4)

Just now, lygi said:

small update.

Bios reset, batt of for the night, all works now like it should.

Also I've unplugged my wifi card from mobo and plugged BT usb dongle. sleep works and waking with apple BT keyboard works. Thanks a lot!

Ah! 10.15.1 will kill your graphic without updating WTG (1.3.4)

I’m glad it’s all working for you buddy. I have a brand new efi and dsdt for Catalina and the new bios revision for the Z390 pro (major bios update) you can find it all on my thread here.....

• Like 1

Hey all, thanks for resurrecting the thread! I am running Mojave 14.6 on the latest update with the latest clover and Audiogod's EFI from a couple months ago and all is good minus that I can't get a Presonus Quantum 2 thunderbolt driver to run properly. I'm using aGC Alpine Ridge 2.0 add-in card with a StarTech TB2 adapter. But quantum_driver.kext doesn't run and the interface remains an unidentified device, soI'm troubleshooting that with Joevt over at tonymac https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/using-a-presonus-quantum-thunderbolt-2-audio-interface-help.226705/page-30 .

EDIT: Joevt just figured it out! So if anyone is trying to get a PreSonus audio interface working, Audiogods EFI, plus this fix does the trick on Mojave 14.6!

Thanks!

Edited by giorov

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2019 at 10:04 PM, AudioGod said:

@lygi Here you go give your EFI a try now and see if its made any difference? 

EFI.zip

Hello Dude, 

nice and awesome work !

I replaced my onBoard Wifi Card with DW1560 and load all kext's into other... but the card is not showing up....

Did you deactivate this USB ?

And if yes.... how to activate ?