Glasgood's macOS Mojave [SUCCESS][GUIDE] for Aorus Z390 Pro

glasgood
1,582 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, benjiolino said:

Hello Glasgood,

I'm trying to install with your settings and files since 2 days and always getting following error:

Forcing CS_Runtime for entitlement: com.apple.rootless.installgetexceptionlist: failed to open /private/var/db/systempolicyconfigutration/hardeningexceptions.plistcreating RAM disk for var/log

I have the same hardware then you ( Z390 Aorus Pro with 64GB RAM and a 9900K) only difference is a Radeon VII Graphics. I tried BIOS F10 and F9 and Mojave and Catalina. Always the same error. Also tried a standard ##### stick and different sticks. Same result.

I tried to install with 4 x 16GB RAM and also with only one stick in the first slot next to CPU.

My drive is a EVO 960 Samsund M.2 SSD 512GB.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

IMG_8016.JPG

Hey,

Try this EFI instead my friend,

Z390 Pro DSDT EFI.zip

Edited by AudioGod

Thanks AudioGod,

I tried now another USB stick and then came the error “This copy of the Install macOS Mojave.app application is damaged, and can’t be used to install macOS.”

Now I downloaded a new copy and the installation is running. Let's see what happens. 

Originally I wanted to use my old Mojave installation which was running with a 7700k and a Z 170xp SLI but when I exchanged the EFI with the one of Glasgod I was not able to boot. always stuck at PTID Sensors Started...

Can I use the USB kext from Glasgow with your EFI?

1 hour ago, benjiolino said:

Thanks AudioGod,

I tried now another USB stick and then came the error “This copy of the Install macOS Mojave.app application is damaged, and can’t be used to install macOS.”

Now I downloaded a new copy and the installation is running. Let's see what happens. 

Originally I wanted to use my old Mojave installation which was running with a 7700k and a Z 170xp SLI but when I exchanged the EFI with the one of Glasgod I was not able to boot. always stuck at PTID Sensors Started...

Can I use the USB kext from Glasgow with your EFI?

yes follow he’s guide but using my Efi instead

cool thanks. so far everything work nicely. it was running perfect until I put back the rest of the RAM and cloned it to the M.2 SSD. it boots up normally and everything works. then after 2-5 min it freezes. I'm just testing with only one RAM again. but would be a shame to not use all of the RAM. Maybe its also the M.2 but I use it since one year with Mojave. No Im waiting and see if it freezes again.

20 minutes ago, benjiolino said:

cool thanks. so far everything work nicely. it was running perfect until I put back the rest of the RAM and cloned it to the M.2 SSD. it boots up normally and everything works. then after 2-5 min it freezes. I'm just testing with only one RAM again. but would be a shame to not use all of the RAM. Maybe its also the M.2 but I use it since one year with Mojave. No Im waiting and see if it freezes again.

You should be able to use your ram no problem.

in the bios don’t select the ram speed manually but instead leave it on auto and then switch on XMP.

if it still isn’t working after that then use memtestx86 and run a few passes of it on your memory to see if your memory is ok.

also if your m.2 is not a Samsung model it won’t be compatible so watch out for that too.

p.s. make sure the memory is using slots a2 b2 as they are the main two slots if your only using two sticks of memory

Edited by AudioGod

Hello,

I'm new in this Hackintosh World...

I have no Idea how to get my USB working...

frontpanel is not working only USB 3.1 and USB 2.0 on the Board

some Ports at the Back not working.... 

Please can someone explain how I get this work ?

Thanks ! <3

Edited by Bill_h4ze

4 minutes ago, Bill_h4ze said:

Hello,

I'm new in this Hackintosh World...

I have no Idea how to get my USB working...

frontpanel is not working only USB 3.1 and USB 2.0 on the Board

some Ports at the Back not working.... 

use my attached EFI and try again also are you using a rx gpu or a vega?

if your using a rx card then replace the dsdt in the efi with the one supplied otherwise if using a vega 56/64 or Radion VII then use the dsdt already installed in the efi. :)

CLOVER  FOLDER

Use this folder with fully patched DSDT

Z390 Pro DSDT EFI.zip   (Updated 21 July 2019)

ADDITIONAL DSDT's  (A big thanks to @MaLd0n for compiling these extra DSDT's)

If your using a Vega 56/64 or Radion VII then use this DSDT (already installed in my EFI)

DSDT.VEGA.VII.zip

If your using a RX Series or Nvidia GPU then use this DSDT

DSDT.RXxxx.NVIDIA.zip

Edited by AudioGod

2 minutes ago, benjiolino said:

this is the easiest way to get USB working. Did not say it's easy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3V7szXZZTc

the efi I gave you has native usb on all ports for the Z390 pro patched and ready so you need not do anything but put in your details and enjoy. :)

Check my thread for more details on the EFI

Edited by AudioGod

21 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

You should be able to use your ram no problem.

in the bios don’t select the ram speed manually but instead leave it on auto and then switch on XMP.

if it still isn’t working after that then use memtestx86 and run a few passes of it on your memory to see if your memory is ok.

also if your m.2 is not a Samsung model it won’t be compatible so watch out for that too.

p.s. make sure the memory is using slots a2 b2 as they are the main two slots if your only using two sticks of memory

ok I will try MEMtest later. just tried with two sticks in a2 b2 and works perfect. only if I put 4 sticks 64gb total it gets unstable. it freezes and get some weird pixel fun around cursor. nut I used the ram until two days ago with my 7700k. really strange. also the GPU spins up and the machine gets really loud...

Edited by benjiolino

2 minutes ago, benjiolino said:

ok I will try MEMtest later. just tried with two sticks in a2 b2 and works perfect. only if I put 4 sticks 64gb total it gets unstable. it freezes and get some weird pixel fun around cursor. nut I used the ram until two days ago with my 7700k. really strange.

sounds like bad memory to me buddy. Memtestx86 will revile the problem if there is one

5 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

the efi I gave you has native usb on all ports for the Z390 pro patched and ready so you need not do anything but put in your details and enjoy. :)

Check my thread for more details on the EFI

With this EFI Folder it try to boot but restart after 50% Loading

I have no PCI Graphic Card... I use iGPU maybe that's why ?

Just now, Bill_h4ze said:

With this EFI Folder it try to boot but restart after 50% Loading

I have no PCI Graphic Card... I use iGPU maybe that's why ?

Yes that is why,

my EFI is made for a vega, Radion VII or a RX GPU and not a igpu sorry

18 hours ago, AudioGod said:

sounds like bad memory to me buddy. Memtestx86 will revile the problem if there is one

So finally I tried different settings and did a Memtest86 from Usb. the hardware seams to be ok. In windows I don't have a problem and Mojave runs perfect with 2 stick 16gb each. but when I put back all 4 sticks it boots up normally but freeze within 3 minutes. also if I change the order of the sticks it the sane that's why I don't think the RAM is faulty. could it be somehow related to the installation or some Bios settings? I also thought maybe its better to take another setting then iMac Pro since the Pro iMacs use ECC memory. 

Hi There!

Got exactly the same setup as yours. Using your EFI folder (unchanged ) Everything works great but sleep. Got immediate wake. When unplugging WIFI/BT card from MB sleep works great. Is there any fix for this? 

5 minutes ago, lygi said:

Hi There!

Got exactly the same setup as yours. Using your EFI folder (unchanged ) Everything works great but sleep. Got immediate wake. When unplugging WIFI/BT card from MB sleep works great. Is there any fix for this? 

Give these kexts a try?

Its worked for some people with this problem but not everybody unfortunately.

is this happening in Mojave or Catalina?

BrcmFix.zip

23 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Give these kexts a try?

Its worked for some people with this problem but not everybody unfortunately.

is this happening in Mojave or Catalina?

BrcmFix.zip

I will try it in next 10 min - yes - both systems same issue :(
EDIT: tested those 3 kexts - still immediate wake :(

Edited by lygi
kexts tested

sadly still the same. But to save everyone’s time I decided to unplug BT from MB and I've purchased off eBay Iogear GBU521 - Bluetooth 4.0 USB - Micro Adaptor BOGO - £7 and this should solve it. 

Big thx for taking the time to look at it!

3 minutes ago, lygi said:

sadly still the same. But to save everyone’s time I decided to unplug BT from MB and I've purchased off eBay Iogear GBU521 - Bluetooth 4.0 USB - Micro Adaptor BOGO - £7 and this should solve it. 

Big thx for taking the time to look at it!

No problem, I and MaLd0n looked though your EFI and ssdt and it’s all correct bar a few kexts you didn’t need and also don’t use slide=0, it’s not needed unless your using the igpu on smbios 19,1

Edited by AudioGod