Random kernel panic on shutdown/reboot and nvram problem

jdorz

259 posts in this topic

Hi Mald0n 

I've just finished my second ever Hackintosh and installed Mojave 10.14.4 almost flawlessly . I'm using a Gigabyte Z390M Gaming X with a Intel I5-9600K and a Radeon Nitro+580, with 32Mb Corsair Ram. Now everything works fine, but the shutdown. I've tried playing around with the clover files you made for a very similar combo (just the Z390m Gaming - minus the X!) but with no luck. Can you point me where the differences are? Here attached is my system...

Thanks in advance! 

iMac di Alberto.ioreg

On 4/24/2019 at 12:05 AM, 79pxls said:

Im having the same issue...hoping you are still available to help!

Let me know :)

Send me Robs-iMac-Pro.zip

with ur rename patches is hard to fix

6 hours ago, Speedal said:

Hi Mald0n 

I've just finished my second ever Hackintosh and installed Mojave 10.14.4 almost flawlessly . I'm using a Gigabyte Z390M Gaming X with a Intel I5-9600K and a Radeon Nitro+580, with 32Mb Corsair Ram. Now everything works fine, but the shutdown. I've tried playing around with the clover files you made for a very similar combo (just the Z390m Gaming - minus the X!) but with no luck. Can you point me where the differences are? Here attached is my system...

Thanks in advance! 

iMac di Alberto.ioreg

need a full dump

On 4/25/2019 at 3:04 PM, MaLd0n said:

with ur rename patches is hard to fix

need a full dump

Hi,

i'm experiencing startup issues and shutdown panics, also my BT is not working and i can't accelerate my graphics. 

I have a Gigabyte Z390 Mobo w/

Intel i7 9700k 3.6ghz processor

Radeon Nitro+580

Corsaire Hx850

Gskillz 64gb Ram 64 GB 3000 MHz DDR4

attached is my info:

Send me Ls-iMac.zip

config.plist

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 1.51.06 AM.png

Edited by macifuc
Uploading more files

3 hours ago, macifuc said:

Hi,

i'm experiencing startup issues and shutdown panics, also my BT is not working and i can't accelerate my graphics. 

I have a Gigabyte Z390 Mobo w/

Intel i7 9700k 3.6ghz processor

Radeon Nitro+580

Corsaire Hx850

Gskillz 64gb Ram 64 GB 3000 MHz DDR4

attached is my info:

Send me Ls-iMac.zip

config.plist

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 1.51.06 AM.png

Arquivo Comprimido.zip

update to beta 10.14.5

On 5/2/2019 at 5:20 AM, MaLd0n said:

Arquivo Comprimido.zip

update to beta 10.14.5

HI,

Much improvement since i upgraded to 10.14.4. im still having a couple issues,

1. My saphhire Rx 580 GPU isn't being accelerated 

EDIT: I just realized i says 8GB not MB. obviously this means its accelerated ?

2.Bluetooth & imessage stopped working(it was working perfectly before)

3. Thunderbolt 3(USBC) is not being detected anymore either. 

4.How do i know if i need to assign my USB ports? 

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 7.12.15 PM.png

Edited by macifuc
Uploading more files

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mc2019 said:

Hi, @MaLd0n 

Help me!

My specification:

i3-8100

Asrock B360M-pro4

Gigabyte Radeon rx570 8gb

4Gb RAM

shutdown/restart -kernel panic

sleep/wake don't work 

not all usb works

Send me imac-maciej-1.home.zip

config.plist

DSDT.aml.zip

check useful links in my sig for others solution, usb etc

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! I experiencing the same problem here. If you would be so kind to help me, I can send you the result of your application. My specs are the following:

Gigabyte h370 hd3 

Intel core i5 8600

8GB RAM

Sapphire radeon rx 480

Mojave 10.14.2

And I did not use and create any DSDT patches, unfortunately I cannot do it myself :/ 

Also, I use Windows on this computer as well, but it is on a separate ssd. I don't know if that matters.

If you need any more information then please send me an email.

Thank you for your help in advance!! 

Have a good day. :)

Send me Ilkus-iMac.zip

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem here, and my usb 2.0 isn't working either, this is my configuration

CPU Intel XEON 6 core socket 2011

Chinese Motherboard "x79" (uses h61 chipset)

only usb 2.0

RX580 8gb working out the box

to boot I use npci=0x2000 flag, the computer is working in 100% except for the shutdown or restart (I have kernelpanic) and the usb ports, I tried with every kext to make it working with no results. Currently I'm using a pci-e 3.0 usb card without problems.

My clover files are attached in the post.

I hope this can be fixed!

CLOVER.zip

On 5/31/2019 at 3:45 PM, MaLd0n said:

DSDT.aml.zip

check useful links in my sig for others solution, usb etc

can you help me? please!

23 minutes ago, jda said:

I'm having the same problem here, and my usb 2.0 isn't working either, this is my configuration

CPU Intel XEON 6 core socket 2011

Chinese Motherboard "x79" (uses h61 chipset)

only usb 2.0

RX580 8gb working out the box

to boot I use npci=0x2000 flag, the computer is working in 100% except for the shutdown or restart (I have kernelpanic) and the usb ports, I tried with every kext to make it working with no results. Currently I'm using a pci-e 3.0 usb card without problems.

My clover files are attached in the post.

I hope this can be fixed!

CLOVER.zip

can you help me? please!

i think in ur case is a genericxhci keext

post full dump

--Run_Me
RunMe.app
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9wmIfGLe3A

28 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

i think in ur case is a genericxhci keext

post full dump

--Run_Me
RunMe.app
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9wmIfGLe3A

I tried that kext for the USB and nothing happen, my board only have usb2.0 and its Intel Chipset, but none of the ports are recognised.

I fixed it in a part installing the usb card. But the major issue is the shutdown restart

Files attached!

The other thing is I have 32gb of ram (4 modules 8gb ddr3), and in the first instance the system only recognise 2 modules (16gb total) and I added manually in the boot.plist all of the 4 modules and now says 32gb of ram but I don't know if the system uses it properly.

Send me Hackintoshs-MacBook-Pro.zip

Edited by jda

2 hours ago, jda said:

I tried that kext for the USB and nothing happen, my board only have usb2.0 and its Intel Chipset, but none of the ports are recognised.

I fixed it in a part installing the usb card. But the major issue is the shutdown restart

Files attached!

The other thing is I have 32gb of ram (4 modules 8gb ddr3), and in the first instance the system only recognise 2 modules (16gb total) and I added manually in the boot.plist all of the 4 modules and now says 32gb of ram but I don't know if the system uses it properly.

Send me Hackintoshs-MacBook-Pro.zip

EFI.zip

use my full efi folder, but u need remove hackintosh kexts frrom l/e and s/l/e

1 hour ago, MaLd0n said:

EFI.zip

use my full efi folder, but u need remove hackintosh kexts frrom l/e and s/l/e

It doesn't work :( I initially deleted the kext and loaded that folder but doesn't boot. I reinstalled everything from 0 and the same results. What can I do?

the screen show this and then restarts....

sometimes it passes that screen and still load but restarts too, I can't see what shows because its too quick the restart.

IMG_8601.JPG

EDIT: I restored the bios settings and now always passes that screen, but it restarts here (so quickly, I used the iPhone slow mo camera to capture this)

IMG_8605.PNG

Edited by jda

32 minutes ago, jda said:

It doesn't work :( I initially deleted the kext and loaded that folder but doesn't boot. I reinstalled everything from 0 and the same results. What can I do?

the screen show this and then restarts....

sometimes it passes that screen and still load but restarts too, I can't see what shows because its too quick the restart.

IMG_8601.JPG

EDIT: I restored the bios settings and now always passes that screen, but it restarts here (so quickly, I used the iPhone slow mo camera to capture this)

IMG_8605.PNG

EDIT AGAIN: it's something whit the memory, I booted with only one dimm and it works!!

USB works but the shutdown and restarts keeps working bad, when I shutdown the computer restarts and I get a message Your computer has been shut down because of a problem.

EDIT: Sorry I see it's a Mojave topic. I'm on high sierra. I hope it's not a problem. Thanks.

Hi MaLd0n!

I'm hackintoshing about a few months, and almost everything works perfectly. My only issue is the sleep and computer restarting. Now it's even worse...

My hackintosh always been woke up during sleep, but slept back after a minuter or two. Annoyed me first, and I get used to it about a while. But now it's simply restarts the computer during the sleep. I only moved my computer to another room and plugged everything back as should be. Maybe it's related to my USB connectors, because they not working on USB 3.0, 3.1 speed, only 2.0.

I'd like to resolve these, but I feel it's something I can't do by myself.

My issues in nutshell:

• Kernel panic on restart, or simply turning on the computer.

• Computer can't stay in sleep. Wakes up, now simply restart the whole system.

• USB connectors working on USB2 only.

Additional: Maybe it's unique, but on displayport I can see some vertical lines in greys or in some specific colors on my monitor. I'm pretty sure it's not the monitors or the cables issue, because on windows I can't see those lines. Looks like nVidia driver related or something.

I used your RunMe app already. I hope you can help.

Thanks,

Adam

Send me Adams-iMac.zip

Edited by Crgriseus

23 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

replace full efi, reboot

EFI.zip

It's working! Thank you so much I really appreciate it!

USB-s still on 2.0 speed. I tested with Blackmagic disk speed test. What should I looking for now? I've read about DSDT patches. May I need to do that on my computer or something else?

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Crgriseus said:

It's working! Thank you so much I really appreciate it!

USB-s still on 2.0 speed. I tested with Blackmagic disk speed test. What should I looking for now? I've read about DSDT patches. May I need to do that on my computer or something else?

Thank you!

full dsdt patched stay inside clover/acpi/patched, check there

3 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

full dsdt patched stay inside clover/acpi/patched, check there

Yeah it's there. Writing test still shows me 10 Mb/s on my usb 3.1 drive plugged in front USB 3.0 slot.

Edited by Crgriseus
grammar