Random kernel panic on shutdown/reboot and nvram problem

jdorz

259 posts in this topic

Hi @MaLd0n,

Everything is fine since a while. Although I noticed my system slows down after sleep/wake. Slow browser, laggy scrolling, laggy animations etc. When I restart or turn it off everything stays fine until I send it to sleep state.

I think I haven't noticed it for a while, maybe I've got used to it sometimes. My High Sierra up to date also my nvidia driver. Now I'll send you some beer money for sure. You helped me a lot already!

Send me Adams-iMac.zip

Edited by Crgriseus

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bleepbloop said:

Hi @MaLd0n,

In the process of installing Catalina on a separate partition and I'm getting a kernel panic on shutdown and restart. any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Send me Williams-iMac.zip

use this efi folder

https://olarila.com/files/Clover.Folder/CLOVER.SERIES.100.200.300.zip

with two files in clover/acpi/patched

Arquivo Comprimido.zip

On 10/12/2019 at 3:57 AM, Crgriseus said:

Hi @MaLd0n,

Everything is fine since a while. Although I noticed my system slows down after sleep/wake. Slow browser, laggy scrolling, laggy animations etc. When I restart or turn it off everything stays fine until I send it to sleep state.

I think I haven't noticed it for a while, maybe I've got used to it sometimes. My High Sierra up to date also my nvidia driver. Now I'll send you some beer money for sure. You helped me a lot already!

Send me Adams-iMac.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 1

Hello,

I recently installed Mojave on a new PC i built..

The specs are as follows,

• i3 9100f
  • Gigabyte B360M Gaming HD
  • 16gb Ram 2400Mhzz
  • RX 570 4GB Gigabyte

I installed Mac OS fairly easily.. I had a few issues but sorted almost all of them by searching online.. 
Except for an issue with wanting to shutdown the system or reboot the system.. 

Everytime it gets stuck at a page where nothing else happens.. 
I need to switch of the PSU manually.. (which I want to avoid.. I assume thats not good for it)

Kindly help me.!!

Hackintosh Kernel Panic.jpg

4 hours ago, nvyaniv said:

Hello,

I recently installed Mojave on a new PC i built..

The specs are as follows,

• i3 9100f
  • Gigabyte B360M Gaming HD
  • 16gb Ram 2400Mhzz
  • RX 570 4GB Gigabyte

I installed Mac OS fairly easily.. I had a few issues but sorted almost all of them by searching online.. 
Except for an issue with wanting to shutdown the system or reboot the system.. 

Everytime it gets stuck at a page where nothing else happens.. 
I need to switch of the PSU manually.. (which I want to avoid.. I assume thats not good for it)

Kindly help me.!!

--Run_Me
RunMe.app
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9wmIfGLe3A

Hi there, 

Set up my Hackintosh today. Running:

- z390 designare
- i7 8700
- 32GB ram
- rx 5700 xt

Running into the same issues as others here, specifically a kernel panic when rebooting or shutting down. It talks about a CPU issue, see image attached. I also included the run me zip below. 

Please could you take a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thx :)

camphoto_758783491.JPG

Send me juliens-iMac.zip

5 hours ago, ginobambino said:

Hi there, 

Set up my Hackintosh today. Running:

- z390 designare
- i7 8700
- 32GB ram
- rx 5700 xt

Running into the same issues as others here, specifically a kernel panic when rebooting or shutting down. It talks about a CPU issue, see image attached. I also included the run me zip below. 

Please could you take a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thx :)

Send me juliens-iMac.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

use my efi from here with my dsdt, ui just need it for one perfect hack

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=91119#p91119

18 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

DSDT.aml.zip

use my efi from here with my dsdt, ui just need it for one perfect hack

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=91119#p91119

Thank you so much, that made my reboot issues go away. I was hoping this would allow me to update to catalina since that's the operating system that supports my AMD RX 5700 XT, but I get a black screen during the update. Computer just turns off after a while and then even my mojave os doesn't work anymore. 

Any idea what could be the cause of this?

Thanks again

13 minutes ago, ginobambino said:

Thank you so much, that made my reboot issues go away. I was hoping this would allow me to update to catalina since that's the operating system that supports my AMD RX 5700 XT, but I get a black screen during the update. Computer just turns off after a while and then even my mojave os doesn't work anymore. 

Any idea what could be the cause of this?

Thanks again

try with agdpmod=pikera bootarg

@MaLd0n

I have some issues with my newly setup Hackintosh(Surface Pro 3). I must say that I am a noob with this but nevertheless I got it running in DualBoot with Win10 so far.

Maybe you can help me with some of these issues:

1. Original TypeCover not working
    My Original TypeCover (Blue) is not working. It lights up but keys and touchpad won’t work. (Send me Kelvins-iMac-Blue.zip)
    For the time being i am using a different TypeCover (Black) which is probably a different revision because this one is working. (Send me Kelvins-iMac-Black.zip) But this has some mechanical issues. So I want to use the original one (Blue).
  2. MultiTouch on the Touchpad would be great. I couldn’t find anything on the web which would indicate that this could even work. Maybe you know something or of anyone who implemented a special Kext for it?
  3. Internal Wifi would also be great. What I have read this won’t never work. Again, maybe you know of something or have an idea how I could use my wifi-stick with my usb-hub. (Send me Kelvins-iMac-Black with UsbHub.zip). I am using a Wifi-Stick but have some issue using it with an external USB-Hub. (Surface has only one usb-port). Wifi-Stick on usb-hub is recognized but I can’t login into my wifi-hotspots. Very strange behavior.
  4. When Turning Off (Turn Off in OS X) and Turning On again I have a KernelPanic during Boot. It reboots instantly and the 2nd try works. I get some warnings in OS X afterwards, that there were problems during last boot. (ErrorReport-BOOT.rtf)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

On 11/17/2019 at 5:13 PM, KelvinClain said:

@MaLd0n

I have some issues with my newly setup Hackintosh(Surface Pro 3). I must say that I am a noob with this but nevertheless I got it running in DualBoot with Win10 so far.

Maybe you can help me with some of these issues:

1. Original TypeCover not working
    My Original TypeCover (Blue) is not working. It lights up but keys and touchpad won’t work. (Send me Kelvins-iMac-Blue.zip)
    For the time being i am using a different TypeCover (Black) which is probably a different revision because this one is working. (Send me Kelvins-iMac-Black.zip) But this has some mechanical issues. So I want to use the original one (Blue).
  2. MultiTouch on the Touchpad would be great. I couldn’t find anything on the web which would indicate that this could even work. Maybe you know something or of anyone who implemented a special Kext for it?
  3. Internal Wifi would also be great. What I have read this won’t never work. Again, maybe you know of something or have an idea how I could use my wifi-stick with my usb-hub. (Send me Kelvins-iMac-Black with UsbHub.zip). I am using a Wifi-Stick but have some issue using it with an external USB-Hub. (Surface has only one usb-port). Wifi-Stick on usb-hub is recognized but I can’t login into my wifi-hotspots. Very strange behavior.
  4. When Turning Off (Turn Off in OS X) and Turning On again I have a KernelPanic during Boot. It reboots instantly and the 2nd try works. I get some warnings in OS X afterwards, that there were problems during last boot. (ErrorReport-BOOT.rtf)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

u have a very wrong config, if we can avoid problems, need usee a minimal config and one good dsdt patched

On 11/21/2019 at 5:17 PM, MaLd0n said:

u have a very wrong config, if we can avoid problems, need usee a minimal config and one good dsdt patched

Thanks MaLd0n for looking into it. Would you help me further with that? I have no idea what to do.

Edited by KelvinClain

Hello, i'm having some trouble with my new hackintosh.

The installation was okay, but sometimes I have kernel error when I reboot or restart.

I don't know how to fix it. I will be very grateful if someone can help me.

*i3 9100f.

*Gigabyte B360m (Aorus gaming 3) 1151.

*DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws V, 8GB 2800MHz.

*AFOX RX560-D 4gb

error01.jpg

Send me iMac-de-Renato.zip

Edited by Dompr01

• 4 weeks later...

entry64.SHi there My hackintosh has been running fine for last 2 weeks, only sleep is an issue, but today while working on it, it just rebooted from no where, dont know why it did that but if can have a look would be appreciated.My setup is as follows:

Running Mojave 10.14.6

Gigabytes x79 up4

i7 4820k

Evga Geforce 760 2gb GDDR5

64gb Ram 1600 Mhz DDR3

PSU Cosair RM750

Cooler Corsair H60

(1)samsung 860 EVO 1TB

(2)samsung ssd 240gb

(3)samsung ssd 240gb

Thanks again in advance

Send me Bhotas-Mac-Pro-2.zip

DSDT.aml

config.plist

Edited by bhota
Added DSDT & config.plist

I have upgraded to Catalina and everything is running smoothly but I keep receiving the “Your computer restarted because of a problem” message when I boot. Everything seems to shut down properly but I do have panic reports logging each time so I believe I must have a kernel panic while shutting down. I do have a SSDT for both USB port matching and EC spoofing which corrected most issues but I’m not sure how to troubleshoot the kernel panic. Attached is both the panic report and shutdown report. Is there a tool to read these files? I'm stuck so any help would be greatly appreciated. 

My System

i5 7400

ASUS B250F

MSI RX 580 8G

16 gb Viper DDR4 

Clover 5070

Kernel_2020-01-10-133604_Backups-iMac.panic

shutdown_stall_2020-01-08-202235_Backups-iMac.shutdownStall

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, olala said:

Thanks a lot MaLd0n

works much better! but now the USB3 Ports does not work, 

do you know how could i fix them?

Thanks a lot

current Runme file: 

Send me iMac-de-Efren-2.zip

is not my efi, use my efi with my dsdt, only, replace efi and no merge

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8222

• Like 1

hello I don\u0027t know if this goes here I apologize in advance
the question of my problem is GA-Z390 aorus pro
i9 9900K intel hd 630 only recognizes me 7m the graph and at the time of shutdown it does not turn off it restarts if someone can help me I would appreciate it