Random kernel panic on shutdown/reboot and nvram problem

jdorz

259 posts in this topic

@MaLd0n Unfortunately, I still get the kernel panic from before.

To be very clear:

- the installer boots fine. I was able to format my drive as APFS and install High Sierra on it. The installer reboots at the end of the installation as expected.

- Then I boot clover through my USB drive and select "Boot macOS Install from High Sierra" ("High Sierra" is the name I gave my partition)
- That's when I get the kernel panic like the one attached.

IMG_20181026_162215.jpg

@MaLd0n I got past the kernel panic!
For some reason I had a faulty USB installer. When I downloaded the High Sierra install app and built the usb install drive from it, it worked fine.

Now I have High Sierra working, trying to install Nvidia Web Driver to get decent graphics support, but when I enable the drivers I get a black screen on boot.

Only works if booting with nv_disable=1

UPDATE: it only fails if I have more than one monitor plugged in! Getting closer.

Edited by miguelcobain

8 hours ago, Bzennn said:

@MaLd0n Thank you, now I not get any panic. You helped me a lot :)

welcome

enjoy

4 hours ago, miguelcobain said:

@MaLd0n I got past the kernel panic!
For some reason I had a faulty USB installer. When I downloaded the High Sierra install app and built the usb install drive from it, it worked fine.

Now I have High Sierra working, trying to install Nvidia Web Driver to get decent graphics support, but when I enable the drivers I get a black screen on boot.

Only works if booting with nv_disable=1

UPDATE: it only fails if I have more than one monitor plugged in! Getting closer.

check csm option in bios, for multi monitors enable it

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have the same issue, kernel panic on shutdown/restart. Everything seems to works except the reboot/shutdown issue.

I have a Gigabyte H370 HD3 with an Intel Core i3 8100 and an Asus Radeon R9 285 running on latest version of Mojave.

I've included the files from the runme.app

If you can help me fix my stuff, will be greatly appreciated !

Thanks!

Send me iMac-de-Vincent.zip

Edited by vcadieux

10 hours ago, vcadieux said:

Hello,

I have the same issue, kernel panic on shutdown/restart. Everything seems to works except the reboot/shutdown issue.

I have a Gigabyte H370 HD3 with an Intel Core i3 8100 and an Asus Radeon R9 285 running on latest version of Mojave.

I've included the files from the runme.app

If you can help me fix my stuff, will be greatly appreciated !

Thanks!

Send me iMac-de-Vincent.zip

Out of curiosity, what was the fix in the original clover patch you sent me? I upgraded Clover on my EFI partition and applied, the kexts, patches, and config.plist that were part of the zip you sent me. And my kernel panics returned. I had to blast away the upgraded clover and re-apply the old zip file and it works again.

Just wondering what is different besides, the patches, kexts, and config.plist?

THanks.

I too have the exact same problem with a panic during shutdown/reboot and no sleep.

Also haven't got sound working and struggling with a "headless" configuration for intel 630 w/a gpu

i5-9600k

Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro

AMD rx 570

I reset my clover config to a base one and have attached the runme.app output.

I have been trying to get this working for days, you can help me I would be so grateful!

r1t1l3n-iMac.zip

On 11/26/2018 at 4:38 AM, r1t1l3n said:

I too have the exact same problem with a panic during shutdown/reboot and no sleep.

Also haven't got sound working and struggling with a "headless" configuration for intel 630 w/a gpu

i5-9600k

Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro

AMD rx 570

I reset my clover config to a base one and have attached the runme.app output.

I have been trying to get this working for days, you can help me I would be so grateful!

r1t1l3n-iMac.zip

use full Clover folder with last Clover version

CLOVER.zip

Clover_v2.4k_r4778.pkg.zip

remove GenericXHCI kext

Sweet!! Thank you!!

I have shutdown/reboot and suspend working now :-)

(update 11/30/18): While going through my folders i found extra extensions in /library/extensions that must have come from my [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] install that were conflicting with the clover changes. Removed them and then rebooted and now I have sound and IGPU!!

Thank you again!!!

Edited by r1t1l3n

I have too the same problem. Whenever I try to reboot / shutdown the computer I face this kernel panic:

IMG_1236.thumb.jpg.e79e8bd515c645aa655bd40115df06fa.jpg

Also, I think sleep doesn't work either and makes my computer unable to wake up.

My system specifications are:

• CPU: Intel i7 8700
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte H370 HD3
  • GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon Vega 56

I've been working on this problem for a few days without success so I would be very grateful if you were able to help me on this.

Send me Garrosh-iMac.zip

Hi @MaLd0n,

I'm experiencing the same problems on my Mojave build. 

I share the same chipset and motherboard manufacturer as @Kazuya91Z390, but not the same exact board. 

My specs are: 

Intel 8086k

Aorus Z390 Ultra.

Should I use some parts of his EFI Folder or would I have to use a separate one?

Thank you