Help installing Mojave on Xeon W-2175 and Asus WS C422 mobo

obus

852 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, yapan4 said:

No, this is EC0->EC IOReg, your SSDT not tasted yet(will do it after beta3 install:))

That driver (device) appleACPIEC shouldnt't be there for working AppleBusPowerController.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yapan4 said:

I noticed a problem with malfunctioning USB 3.0-3.1 lately. Probably because of EC0-> EC. I will see the difference EC0-> EC vs your SSDT...

Use this kext for working USB-ports 15 limit. Two of the USB 3.1 ports on the rear is excluded because of the 15 limit (The one from the right if you look from backwards I think) Don't use USBInjectAll or 15 limit patch. 

C422-XHCI.kext.zip

• Like 1

Some initial results:

1. Your SSDT works fine, now IOReg show me the same as yours 

Screenshot 2019-10-25 at 21.54.03.png

2. C422-XHCI.kext work for me on ~90% because two USB 2.0 on back panel don't work with him.

Edited by yapan4

1 hour ago, yapan4 said:

Some initial results:

1. Your SSDT works fine, now IOReg show me the same as yours 

Screenshot 2019-10-25 at 21.54.03.png

2. C422-XHCI.kext work for me on ~90% because two USB 2.0 on back panel don't work with him.

No and that is correct. macOS supports only 15 ports in total. Thats why I have disabled 2 ports in the rear.

There is two ways to achieve this. One way is with a SSDT and the second way is with a kext. I preferred the kext before the SSDT. You can read this if you want to learn the SSDT-way:https://www.travelertechie.com/2019/02/create-ssdt-to-fix-usb-rehabmans-way.html.

If not you can test my SSDT.

So be happy everything is working as it should.

SSDT-UIAC-C422-ALL.aml

Edited by obus
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, yapan4 said:

BIOS 3003 released and my Hackintosh not bootable again

:(

Can you downgrade?

What is the problem? where does it get stuck?

Edited by obus

3 hours ago, obus said:

Can you downgrade?

What is the problem? where does it get stuck?

First at all - old new CPUPM. Kernel patch for MSR 0x1AA write don't work now, old _xcpm_pkg_scope_msrs_PMheart_10.15 plus FakeCPUID - Model 0xE (0x5E, SKL)_10.15 still work and allow run kernel. Simultaneously Clover turns on KernelPM and IntelCPUPM patches independently and KernelPM must be enabled for run kernel. Otherwise "End randomseed" ( looks different now).

Then stop (not kernel panic) with different errors, Later I will try to make and upload screenshots.

I'll experiment again and then I'll try to go back to the previous BIOS.

Also in BIOS change log nothing about Cascade Lake CPU support, only CPU microcode update. But the list of supported CPUs for the C422-ACE motherboard has changed, no more i9-10xxx, only Xeon W-21xx and W-22xx. Apparently it was a joke from ASUS

21 minutes ago, yapan4 said:

First at all - old new CPUPM. Kernel patch for MSR 0x1AA write don't work now, old _xcpm_pkg_scope_msrs_PMheart_10.15 plus FakeCPUID - Model 0xE (0x5E, SKL)_10.15 still work and allow run kernel. Simultaneously Clover turns on KernelPM and IntelCPUPM patches independently and KernelPM must be enabled for run kernel. Otherwise "End randomseed" ( looks different now).

Then stop (not kernel panic) with different errors, Later I will try to make and upload screenshots.

I'll experiment again and then I'll try to go back to the previous BIOS.

Also in BIOS change log nothing about Cascade Lake CPU support, only CPU microcode update. But the list of supported CPUs for the C422-ACE motherboard has changed, no more i9-10xxx, only Xeon W-21xx and W-22xx. Apparently it was a joke from ASUS

Same behaviour with new bios 1303 in 10.15.0 or does it happened after upgrading to 10.15.1?

Edited by obus

1 hour ago, obus said:

Same behaviour with new bios 1303 in 10.15.0 or does it happened after upgrading to 10.15.1?

No, all OK on Catalina 10.15.1 beta 1, 2, 3 and 10.15.1 on BIOS 1202.

Important! I couldn't go back from 3003 to 1202, so ASUS probably doesn't allow it!!!! 

So I do not recommend updating!!!!

1 minute ago, yapan4 said:

Found the first defect - does not work MSR Lock Controll. No difference is enabled or disabled, Clover reported locked MSR 0xE2

Downgrading was no problem for me. I'am back on 1202 again. 

Thank you, @obus. Back to 1202 over flashback button  worked. 

I reviewed you screenshot, yes this is the same stop as my, probably not related with locked MSR 0xE2. There may be something with ACPI or FakeSMC

Edited by yapan4

34 minutes ago, yapan4 said:

I reviewed you screenshot, yes this is the same stop as my, probably not related with locked MSR 0xE2. There may be something with ACPI or FakeSMC

Not FakeSMC because I was booting with VirtualSMC when my log was produced. Maybe ACPI but what?

13 hours ago, yapan4 said:

The firmware has locked MSR 0xE2.

We need it to be unlocked and I don't know how?

Any ideas? 

IMG_0521.jpeg

Edited by obus

34 minutes ago, yapan4 said:

I think it's a bug in v3003 from ASUS

I tried to unlock the MSR 0xE2 register today with Grub but with no go. Will test a little bit more tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, obus said:

I tried to unlock the MSR 0xE2 register today with Grub but with no go. Will test a little bit more tomorrow. 

Have you tried enabling the  AppleCpuPmCfgLock option in OC?  (MSR 0xE2 write protection)

You can also try to mod your Bios with the UEFITool from Longsoft if you feel adventurous & the option in OC doesn't work. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 1.49.54 PM.png

Edited by Ellybz