GiorgioHeins

SAMSUNG NP300E5C Intel graphics HD3000 not working

21 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, it’s been a long long time since my last post here on this forum, I’m having a lot of issues trying to activate my graphic card, the system recognizes the graphic card but there’s not full acceleration, clearly shows up its name as Intel graphics HD 3000 with only 4 MB of video ram.

I would like to know how I could fix this problem or a least any suggestion about it. The reason I came to this site one more time is because I have no clue how to edit or patch a DSDt.aml file, I have clover bootloader and still  (seems to be easy but not for me LOL) so I don’t want to ruin the system once again.

My configuration is

OS macOS High Sierra 10.13

SAMSUNG series 3 NP300E5C-A0US

INTEL CORE i3 - 2370M 2.4 GHz

INTEL GRAPHICS HD 3000 

WiFi ATHEROS AR5B95

MEMORY 6 GB DDR3

Wifi works *** Sound Works ***Ethernet Works*** 

Battery indicators and trackpad gestures are not working yet.

Thank you guys in advance, I’ll keep myself reading and searching for any kind of solution for my laptop..

See attachment

bootlog.txt

CLOVER.zip

DSDT.aml

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 1.07.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 1.10.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 1.10.48 AM.png

Advertisement

Artur_pt  , you should specify to the user, that if he uses your DSDT, he must NOT use my Config, there are double renames

Question: So if Clover finds elaborate DSDT, does he understand NOT to insert Fix introduced in Configplist ???Are you saying this ???

Ehi @Baio77

If you want to use only config.plist for the HD3000 , in the case of laptops with 7 chipset series 
you must also add FakeID / IMEI like this

Schermata 2018-06-03 alle 11.21.49.png

But artur_pt has already put all this on dsdt ... ;)

9 minutes ago, Allan said:

Would be a good idea you read more about Clover:

Clover Wiki

Clover v.2 Instructions

Clover Open Discussion

;)

My English it's veri bad ..... and with traslate many info are distorted , my guide for Clover is Gengik84  and various info I find on the web more experience on the subject .....
I speak only Italian ......

10 hours ago, Baio77 said:

Test this Config , and add this kext , I cleaned the config, test if the battery goes and brightness control ........

Schermata_2018-06-03_alle_10.18.45.png

This rename is OK

Archivio.zip add 

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

Hey bro thanks for these files, now I have the battery indicator which is great, thanks a lot for your help and support, I've done pretty much everything you guys said, but sill I have not full video acceleration, I've changed the config file, indeed the system boots so much faster than never before.

10 hours ago, artur_pt said:

hello

if u want try also this 

DSDT.aml.zip

good hack

Hello Artur_PT, according to what I know I placed the file (DSDT.aml) on EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and nothing happened, I'm sorry for my ignorance, I think I'm doing something very wrong about the file you sent me.

Thank you for reply and support.

I haven't mentioned guys but I'm running a Niresh High Sierra Distro, and perhaps there might be something wrong with it, do I have to use a fresh vanilla version of the OS instead?

This is what I got from DarwinDumper....

DarwinDumper_3.0.4_03.06_15.14.35_MacBookPro8,1_Phoenix_Technologies_Ltd._X64_High Sierra_17A405_beto.zip

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 3.43.25 PM.png

:drool:O M G   O.o Tha was amazing, this is the first time I see this app, how could be so tiny and so useful at the same time? I'm still impressed hahahahah, alright let me send you the file....:thumbsup_anim:

Send me Albertos-iMac.zip

58 minutes ago, Baio77 said:

POST THE CLOVER FOLDER

Done bro, I've posted it already :yes:

2 hours ago, artur_pt said:

hello

try this config

config.plist.zip

then send new full dump

good hack

It feels like the systems is running a little bit faster, but once again there’s not full acceleration. Thanks for your support man :weight_lift: I think I have to learn a lot about clover bootloader and its configurator app too.

Here’s the file asked for 

Send me Albertos-iMac.zip

hello

should work ..

are u sure u have untouched kext for the intel ? maybe good idea .. make a new install over the one from the distro u have now

the problem is not loading the kext from s/l/e

Captura de ecrã 2018-06-04, às 08.35.54.png

try also in config I send u before not inject the intel graphics card

and this

https://github.com/lvs1974/IntelGraphicsFixup

good hack 

1 hour ago, artur_pt said:

hello

should work ..

are u sure u have untouched kext for the intel ? maybe good idea .. make a new install over the one from the distro u have now

the problem is not loading the kext from s/l/e

Captura de ecrã 2018-06-04, às 08.35.54.png

try also in config I send u before not inject the intel graphics card

and this

https://github.com/lvs1974/IntelGraphicsFixup

good hack 

Definitely you’re the best, I’ve just reinstalled macOS High Sierra 10.13 ( using the

same distro) this time I did not backup the graphics kexts, I left them in their own location System/Library/Extensions, so what happened was that they system wasn’t able to load the kexts-in this case INTEL HD 3000. 

Now it seems to be working fine !!! Thank you for all the effort you have made to help me. Btw I’m thinking to make a new fresh install using macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 :thumbsup_anim::drool:

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 5.29.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 5.30.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 5.30.16 AM.png

12 hours ago, Baio77 said:

POST THE CLOVER FOLDER

Thanks a lot man you’ve made my day too! :angel:

hello

glad ur problem is solved .. try to install from the store .. download the image and make a new install over that one

good hack

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By aerokevv
      Hey everyone,

I'm having some trouble with connecting my new 3rd monitor to my machine.
      First off, here is some info about my build:

macOS High Sierra 10.13.5
      CPU: Intel i7 Coffee Lake 8700k
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
      Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING
      Running on Clover. (config.plist attachment below)

Monitors:
      DELL U2718Q 4K
      iiyama ProLite XUB2792UHSU 4K
      Phillips HD Monitor

So the problem is:
      I bought the iiyama to use as a 3rd monitor. Previously I was using the DELL through a DisplayPort, and the Phillips through HDMI which worked fine.
      When I first got the iiyama monitor and I plugged it in everything was working great. The next day I boot up my machine and it will freeze on a black screen after I boot macOS through the clover bootscreen. I unplugged the new monitor, restarted the machine and it would boot normally again.

I started trying some different inputs and nothing seemed to solve the problem. All that I know is that the machine freezes as soon as I plug in a 3rd cable, doesnt matter if its HDMI or DP. I even bought a HDMI to DP cable for the Phillips, to see if it was an HDMi problem, but even then it doesn't work. I've also tried powering the monitors off and turning them on once the machine has booted. Also no luck.

Any help from one of you Hackintosh guru's would be highly appreciated. I bought the 3rd screen to make working from home even more efficient, but sadly enough my build won't allow me...

Thanks in advance!

Greets,

Kevin
      config.plist
    • By tlefko
      News
      In light of the recent WWDC, we will begin testing the functionality of our EFI on macOS 11 for this device with the latest developer preview Version Info
      Features and Overview
      Now Compatible with 10.15.6 Please leave feedback with issues or w/o Comitted to Updating up to OS 11 Multitouch Trackpad Support 4K @60 Hz Fixed Bluetooth and Wifi Stability Issues Preformance and Power Management Additional Patches for 4K Display updated for 15.6 rev 1 Sleep Wake is functional for some models ----if screen glitches on wake or reopen lid. If this is a bother just disable sleep. This is issue is resolved in Big Sur Bugs
      Some models may experience screen split in half. If so disable. USB devices eject (external) No Internal Mic What Works
      Everything minus sleep issue above, internal microphone. (audio is fine, headphones / usb mic fine, just not laptop mic) POST
      run sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
      Description
      This esentially an ultra-simplistic version that is stable without the use of a deploy or complicated file installations and copies. You can easily view all the DSDT patches along with configuration files for the bootloader as they are all documented clearly in the files. This does include a copy of Clover, which of course I do not contribute to and am only responsible for the provided files, patches, and kext placements This guide provides a working setup with little knowledge of the topic and without "optimization" (because often they can break things). But, it is fully functional and preforms properly and is stable.
      Unsupported Wifi
      Make sure you are using DW1560 or 1820a for wifi or else there is a risk of KP. If not using remove BRCM kexts from CLOVER>kexts>other Styling
      This guide is designed to be literally as thorough as possible to appeal all types of users. It does not cover complex topics like undervolting etc etc only to provide a completely functional system
      Notes
      Never tested USB C except for charging, USB, works great (not sure about DispOut) 4K model has sleep wake issues occasionally, 1080P is fully functional BIOS
      Disable Secure Boot Disable Vt-d Recommended: Clean Install (Preinstall steps)
      Format a USB (16GB) as Journaled and then proceed to download the latest Catalina Installer Patcher Application. Download the latest Catalina installer from within the Patcher App, and select to download a new copy and install to your USB device Download the clover configurator application and mount the EFI of the USB partition, then copy the contents of the Files linked above to A new EFI Folder (that you create) within the EFI partition. ** This is because the App Store installers will often not download a full installer, just an truncated version that downloads the installer files from the interent while installing. Thus, they're not bootable from a USB as they're not complete. That is why you should use this method to make sure the installer is usable for bootable media.
      Boot From USB
      Use f9, copy EFI folder to efi partition of your usb. after installation complete copy EFI to your ssd. Boot Entry Setup
      Reccomend using windows to find a tool to add a UEFI bios entry to boot EFI/Boot/bootx64 Credits
      @MaLd0n for DSDT Patches and support (HUGE SHOUTOUT) Original Kexts Authors Clover Headphones and Audio
      All audio from speakers should work perfectly along with Bluetooth and USB audio Finished!
      Congratulations, there really aren't any more steps that are required. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
      Donations
      Send me a coffee lefkotyler@gmail.com
      EFI Catalina.zip

**for latest releases and faster replies please refer to GitHub https://github.com/tlefko/HP-ENVY-13-2020-Catalina
    • By kkdart
      I would like to learn what patches I would need to do in order for the HD 530 to be properly detected by Mac OS

I have dell Optiplex 5040 with Catalina 10.15.6 installed.
      i7 6700 (Intel HD 530)
      16 GB DDR3L ram
      NVME SSD
      AMD RX 560

Boot & Kext settings:
      Open Core 0.6.0
      Plist Attached as well.
      LILU
      WEG

I have set 01001219 for iGPU to be in headless mode as well, to no avail.

BIOS settings
      DVMT cannot be set in BIOS (shouldn't matter as only need Intel Quick Sync to work for Hardware Acceleration)
      Intel Multi Display is enabled
      Initial display is set Intel Integrated

config.plist

• By fusion71au
      Making a High Sierra USB Installer Entirely From Scratch in Windows
      This is a proof of concept tutorial, to show it's possible to create a vanilla High Sierra installer, entirely from scratch, in Windows (even without App Store downloaded "Install macOS High Sierra.app" from a real Mac ).  @PikeRAlpha's link to Apple's Software Catalog provides us with all the URLs necessary to download the needed files directly from Apple instead of some dubious source from the internet...

Pre-Requisites
      8GB or larger USB drive.  Edit: Recommend 16GB or larger for macOS Catalina 10.16 Boot Disk Utility v2.1.2017rev021b from @CVAD TransMac (free 15 day trial) Paragon Hard Disk Manager Free Download Installer Files Directly from Apple
      1)  Browse Apple's Regular Software Catalog and find the URLs to download the following 6 installer files...
      BaseSystem.dmg BaseSystem.chunklist InstallInfo.plist InstallESDDmg.pkg AppleDiagnostics.dmg AppleDiagnostics.chunklist (Hint - search page for "InstallESD" to find its URL and others nearby)

to a folder named "SharedSupport" on your Windows NTFS drive.  A browser download manager (eg Chrono for Chrome, dTA for FireFox) is handy since InstallESD is >4GB ---> allows you to pause/resume interrupted download...

2)  Rename InstallESDDmg.pkg to InstallESD.dmg
      3)  Edit InstallInfo.plist with WordPad/text editor to remove the chunklistURL and chunklistid keys for InstallESD, and renaming it from InstallESDDmg.pkg to InstallESD.dmg (example of edited file attached to this post)...
      Note:  You can verify the SHA1 checksum of your InstallESD.dmg and BaseSystem.dmg with the correct ones at this website.
      Boot Disk Utility to format the Installer USB and Restore OS X Base System HFS partition
      1.  Format USB with BDU & latest Clover ---> creates boot files in CLOVER partition + second FAT partition
      2.  Extract 4.hfs from \SharedSupport\BaseSystem.dmg with BDU --> save to it's local folder
      3.  Restore 4.hfs to USB second partition with BDU --->  2nd partition becomes bootable "OS X Base System"
      Paragon Hard Disk Manager to extend HFS Partition to its Full Extent
      Open Paragon Partition Manager Free and resize the second partition of the USB drive to the full size allowed.  Don't forget to apply the changes at the end...
      Transmac to Copy "SharedSupport" folder to OS X Base System
      1.  Open the TransMac program and navigate to the HFS+ Volume/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents folder.  Right click anywhere in the empty space on the RHS pane and select "Copy Here"...
      2.  In the next stage, select the "SharedSupport" folder we created above as the "Files and Folders to be copied to the Mac Volume"...

Clover Settings
      Clover configuration is required now.  The default config.plist (in the Clover FAT32 partition of the USB) maybe sufficient to boot your machine if you’re lucky.  If not, the hackintosh-vanilla-desktop-guide has some good explanations on the various settings available and also offers sample configuration files based on CPU type.  Also, look at the Clover Wiki, Clover Instructions and Clover Configuration Thread for pointers and edit /EFI/Clover/config.plist accordingly with Wordpad or Notepad.
      The location of the important configuration files for Clover are summarized below
      config.plist--->EFI/CLOVER folder DSDT.aml with or without SSDT.aml--->EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (don't need one if your DSDT is auto patched by Clover in config.plist) Kexts eg FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement --->EFI/CLOVER/kexts/<osx version> or /Other. NB BootDiskUtility by default already has FakeSMC.kext installed here.  You may need to add VoodooPS2Controller for your laptop keyboard/trackpad to work. If UEFI booting, you will most likely need one of the OsxAptioFixDrv-64 drivers copied from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers-off/drivers64UEFI to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI. If you want to use the installer to run High Sierra in Windows on VMware, you can follow my guide to set up the Virtual Machine and replace Clover's default config with EFI_Clover for VMware (which is compatible to run in VMware).  In the screenshots below, I have attached the USB Installer (in this case PhysicalDrive7) to my macOS Virtual Machine.  Reboot the system to the USB installer to install High Sierra ...
      What happens if we don't have access to TransMac or Paragon Hard Disk Manager?
      Not a problem, as long as we get "OS X Base System" bootable, we can launch terminal from the Utilities Menu to copy the SharedSupport folder over to the Installer app.  In essence, we will build the full installer app = 5GB+ on the target HD eg "Macintosh HD", by copying both the "small" installer app = 15MB (on "OS X Base System") and the SharedSupport folder from the NTFS volume (mounted in this example on /Volumes/DATA)...
      -bash-3.2# cd / -bash-3.2# cp -R Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/ -bash-3.2# cp -R /Volumes/DATA/SharedSupport /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/  
      ...then start installation with the startosinstall utility...
      -bash-3.2# /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --volume /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD --converttoapfs NO --applicationpath /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app  
      The above steps can be automated with the attached "startosinstall.command" script, which will assemble "Install macOS High Sierra.app" on "Macintosh HD" and launch the startosinstall utility targeting the "Macintosh HD" volume.  Copy/download to "Macintosh HD", then run in terminal (after attaching DATA USB with /Shared Support folder)...
      cd "/Volumes/Macintosh HD" chmod +x startosinstall.command ./startosinstall.command Updated Download Links for macOS Mojave 10.14.6_18G103
      Browse Apple's Regular Software Catalog and find the URLs to download the following 6 installer files...
      BaseSystem.dmg BaseSystem.chunklist InstallInfo.plist InstallESDDmg.pkg AppleDiagnostics.dmg AppleDiagnostics.chunklist  
      Note: In Mojave, Apple has removed the --converttoapfs NO and --applicationpath arguments from the startosinstall utility....

eg to use startosinstall for the above section "What happens if we don't have access to TransMac or Paragon Hard Disk Manager?", the syntax is now
      -bash-3.2# /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --volume /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD  
      This basically means that for Mojave, the default installation will always convert the target volume to the apfs file system.

Updated Download Links for macOS Catalina 10.15.6_19G73
      Browse Apple's Regular Software Catalog and find the URLs to download the following 6 installer files...
      BaseSystem.dmg BaseSystem.chunklist InstallInfo.plist InstallESDDmg.pkg AppleDiagnostics.dmg AppleDiagnostics.chunklist  
      startosinstall.command.zip
      InstallInfo.plist_edited_10.13.6.zip
      InstallInfo.plist_edited_10.14.6.zip
      InstallInfo.plist_edited_10.15.6.zip
    • By Lakkantha
      i install mac Catalina osx but can't boot without fake intel inject. And no audio or wifi. Can you help to make my clover config please
      Efi folder