SAMSUNG NP300E5C Intel graphics HD3000 not working

GiorgioHeins

21 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, it’s been a long long time since my last post here on this forum, I’m having a lot of issues trying to activate my graphic card, the system recognizes the graphic card but there’s not full acceleration, clearly shows up its name as Intel graphics HD 3000 with only 4 MB of video ram.

I would like to know how I could fix this problem or a least any suggestion about it. The reason I came to this site one more time is because I have no clue how to edit or patch a DSDt.aml file, I have clover bootloader and still  (seems to be easy but not for me LOL) so I don’t want to ruin the system once again.

My configuration is

OS macOS High Sierra 10.13

SAMSUNG series 3 NP300E5C-A0US

INTEL CORE i3 - 2370M 2.4 GHz

INTEL GRAPHICS HD 3000 

WiFi ATHEROS AR5B95

MEMORY 6 GB DDR3

Wifi works *** Sound Works ***Ethernet Works*** 

Battery indicators and trackpad gestures are not working yet.

Thank you guys in advance, I’ll keep myself reading and searching for any kind of solution for my laptop..

See attachment

bootlog.txt

CLOVER.zip

DSDT.aml

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 1.07.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 1.10.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 1.10.48 AM.png

9 minutes ago, Allan said:

Would be a good idea you read more about Clover:

Clover Wiki

Clover v.2 Instructions

Clover Open Discussion

;)

My English it's veri bad ..... and with traslate many info are distorted , my guide for Clover is Gengik84  and various info I find on the web more experience on the subject .....
I speak only Italian ......

10 hours ago, Baio77 said:

Test this Config , and add this kext , I cleaned the config, test if the battery goes and brightness control ........

Schermata_2018-06-03_alle_10.18.45.png

This rename is OK

Archivio.zip add 

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

Hey bro thanks for these files, now I have the battery indicator which is great, thanks a lot for your help and support, I've done pretty much everything you guys said, but sill I have not full video acceleration, I've changed the config file, indeed the system boots so much faster than never before.

10 hours ago, artur_pt said:

hello

if u want try also this 

DSDT.aml.zip

good hack

Hello Artur_PT, according to what I know I placed the file (DSDT.aml) on EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and nothing happened, I'm sorry for my ignorance, I think I'm doing something very wrong about the file you sent me.

Thank you for reply and support.

I haven't mentioned guys but I'm running a Niresh High Sierra Distro, and perhaps there might be something wrong with it, do I have to use a fresh vanilla version of the OS instead?

This is what I got from DarwinDumper....

DarwinDumper_3.0.4_03.06_15.14.35_MacBookPro8,1_Phoenix_Technologies_Ltd._X64_High Sierra_17A405_beto.zip

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 3.43.25 PM.png

2 hours ago, artur_pt said:

hello

try this config

config.plist.zip

then send new full dump

good hack

It feels like the systems is running a little bit faster, but once again there’s not full acceleration. Thanks for your support man :weight_lift: I think I have to learn a lot about clover bootloader and its configurator app too.

Here’s the file asked for 

Send me Albertos-iMac.zip

hello

should work ..

are u sure u have untouched kext for the intel ? maybe good idea .. make a new install over the one from the distro u have now

the problem is not loading the kext from s/l/e

Captura de ecrã 2018-06-04, às 08.35.54.png

try also in config I send u before not inject the intel graphics card

and this

https://github.com/lvs1974/IntelGraphicsFixup

good hack 

1 hour ago, artur_pt said:

hello

should work ..

are u sure u have untouched kext for the intel ? maybe good idea .. make a new install over the one from the distro u have now

the problem is not loading the kext from s/l/e

Captura de ecrã 2018-06-04, às 08.35.54.png

try also in config I send u before not inject the intel graphics card

and this

https://github.com/lvs1974/IntelGraphicsFixup

good hack 

Definitely you’re the best, I’ve just reinstalled macOS High Sierra 10.13 ( using the

same distro) this time I did not backup the graphics kexts, I left them in their own location System/Library/Extensions, so what happened was that they system wasn’t able to load the kexts-in this case INTEL HD 3000. 

Now it seems to be working fine !!! Thank you for all the effort you have made to help me. Btw I’m thinking to make a new fresh install using macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 :thumbsup_anim::drool:

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 5.29.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 5.30.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 5.30.16 AM.png

12 hours ago, Baio77 said:

POST THE CLOVER FOLDER

Thanks a lot man you’ve made my day too! :angel: