AptioMemoryFix

vit9696
595 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, meaganmargaret said:

Thanks!  I guess now that Clover won't include the AptioMemory packages, I should learn how to compile them from Github.....

Download latest source and run macbuild.tool into terminal

On 1/7/2018 at 7:16 PM, vit9696 said:

I thought it was worth making a separate thread for our AptioFix discussions.

Some links to relevant posts (suggest us gather stuff here):
1. Information about APTIO V nvram bugs
2. Z97 NvramSmi code & boot.efi memory move code
3. KASLR slide calculation & usage

4. Slide calculation formula

5. Debug printing mess in boot.efi

I see that now the new driver is FwRuntimeServices.efi. But he doesn't do the same job as Aptiomemoryfix.efi. Will you no longer offer a Memory Fixer ???

46 minutes ago, stinga11 said:

I see that now the new driver is FwRuntimeServices.efi. But he doesn't do the same job as Aptiomemoryfix.efi. Will you no longer offer a Memory Fixer ???

AptioMemoryFix is now deprecated. For Clover users there is latest release R27. FwRuntimeServices.efi is only for OpenCore. It will not work with Clover. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, meaganmargaret said:

For those of us with X299 or X99 motherboards, AptioMemoryFix was a godsend.  I've tried all flavors of OsxAptio* (currently distributed with Clover) and they DON'T WORK.   On X99 and X299 systems, OsxAptio* is GARBAGE, and the system does not boot with any of them.  Once OsxAptio* is replaced with AptioMemoryFix, the system boots normally and works well.

But in the future, I have no options, because AptioMemoryFix has been essentially discontinued.  It sounds like my only choice is Opencore (and the remnants of Aptio - Fwsomething....), as Clover with it's OsxAptio* garbage doesn't work on my system. 

But I have no idea if Opencore will work with my motherboard.

This sucks....

Why not use Clover with AptioMemoryFix R27?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

Well, for the near future, I will.  But that's a very short time, and no one knows how long that strategy will work, do they?

I think you don't understand the purpose of AptioMemoryFix and what this driver do. 

It just fixes memory map in your motherboard firmware.

If it works for your mobo now it will work on this mobo forever. Unless AMI changes something in new firmware and you'll update it. 

So use it as long as you want. And be aware of BIOS updating. 

As the old Russian proverb states: "If it works - don't touch it"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/6/2019 at 5:42 PM, vandroiy2012 said:

AptioMemoryFix is now deprecated. For Clover users there is latest release R27. FwRuntimeServices.efi is only for OpenCore. It will not work with Clover. 

Does Opencorepkg include a memory fixer built into its code?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone. This is my latest update in getting my X299 system to work with Clover. 

* With Clover 4972, I needed a combination of OsxAptioFixDrv and Test2 to boot.

* With Clover 5043, I need Test2-2016.

Test2 and Test2-2016 can be found here:

https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-solving-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-can-not-allocate-relocation-block/

Another difference is that with Clover 5043 I need to boot from EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi. If I boot from EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi (default), I get a KP while booting -- I think it is related with the AMD Radeon drivers, but I am not sure.

Anyway, I just wanted to share what is working for me with Clover 5043: OsxAptioFixDrv and Test2-2016

Good luck.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, slurpi said:

Hi everyone. This is my latest update in getting my X299 system to work with Clover. 

* With Clover 4972, I needed a combination of OsxAptioFixDrv and Test2 to boot.

* With Clover 5043, I need Test2-2016.

Test2 and Test2-2016 can be found here:

https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-solving-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-can-not-allocate-relocation-block/

Another difference is that with Clover 5043 I need to boot from EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi. If I boot from EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi (default), I get a KP while booting -- I think it is related with the AMD Radeon drivers, but I am not sure.

Anyway, I just wanted to share what is working for me with Clover 5043: OsxAptioFixDrv and Test2-2016

Good luck.

Thank you!  This got AptioMemoryFix working for me on my Z390 motherboard too!

I'm having constant issues booting my X99-E WS and 10.13.6.

I either boot, get "Error Loading Kernel Cache" or "Couldn't Allocate Runtime Area".

Using AptioMemoryFix. My board has a very weird memory map though and previously with Sierra I couldn't boot without using test2.efi. Should I just go back to that? What else do I need to add again? Is there a chart for what each memory fix efi does? 

5 hours ago, r2tincan said:

I'm having constant issues booting my X99-E WS and 10.13.6.

I either boot, get "Error Loading Kernel Cache" or "Couldn't Allocate Runtime Area".

Using AptioMemoryFix. My board has a very weird memory map though and previously with Sierra I couldn't boot without using test2.efi. Should I just go back to that? What else do I need to add again? Is there a chart for what each memory fix efi does? 

I've got my system booting consistently using the old OsxAptioFixDrv in COMBINATION with this efi I found called "test2.efi". This is the only way to avoid the consistent Kernel Cache or Runtime Area errors.

New problem: When booting just my Thunderboltex II and my GTX 980 card, it boots fine. But when I add a second video card my system restarts on "PCI Configuration Begin".

Any ideas here? I have tried many combinations of these memory fix drivers. Any help is *much* appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

@Slice

everyone.. I have a very stable DX58so 10.11.6 install that really needs to update to Mojave.. just too many software packages are EOL on 10.11

the current system is using a gtx660 and was installed for UEFI boot with I believe aptiofix2 and using RC scripts as at the time I don't recall native nvram working

so I upgraded to a vega 56 since the 660 isn't supported but just cant get stable booting 

I have read issues that the VEGA has issues with CSM being enabled.. and I am pretty sure that this early board CSM is enabled but there is no bios setting for it.  others have had issues with the VEGA and also instability and boot/crash with other PCIE cards installed at the same time and were fixed when moving from what they thought was working NVRAM only to find out there were perimeters that really were not working.. possibly the case now with the DX58?  the latest clover and osxaptiodrvfix3 that slice recommended and others, do allow me to use native NVRAM .. and iMessage/ test variable seem to stick.. but others that have fixed this issue just by moving back to RC scripts had this working as well

so TLDR.. 

with the DX58so .. UEFI RC script booting was/is working great for 10.11

but moving to 10.14.. do I need to 

Use legacy booting or can I overcome the CSM issues {if there are any} with the VEGA

should I move to emulated NVRAM just to take that out of the equation.. going emulated I loose nothing right?

should I go back to using whatever aptofix I had in place that is working for 10.11 .. or for the DX58 is the osxaptiofix3 still the best choice?

thanks in advance!!!

@Slice

thanks again for the help.. I have build a couple of the hacks since the 10.5 days.. and I prided myself on figuring things out but I have been spending at least 7 hours a day for almost a month on this and getting nowhere..

I think part of the issue is past 10.14.5 I think something really broke dual monitors.. I can at least boot now if I remove my traditional monitor attached to the Vega via HDMI. if I only attach and boot with the TV attached at the DP with a active DP to HDMI adapter, I can get a picture in 10.14.6u2 but if I plug in the HDMI or try to boot with it or both.. it black screens..

here is a file pack that Madl0n had me dump .. its a virgin new install with only clover 4932 from tony installer and intel kext

I will included my edited DSDT that has been working great in Send me localagentsiMac.lab.zipEl Cap with a 4300ish clover too

really appreciate your time slice.. I know you are a busy guy!!

DSDT mod.aml.zipArchive.zip

Edited by dragonmel

6 hours ago, dragonmel said:

@Slice

thanks again for the help.. I have build a couple of the hacks since the 10.5 days.. and I prided myself on figuring things out but I have been spending at least 7 hours a day for almost a month on this and getting nowhere..

I think part of the issue is past 10.14.5 I think something really broke dual monitors.. I can at least boot now if I remove my traditional monitor attached to the Vega via HDMI. if I only attach and boot with the TV attached at the DP with a active DP to HDMI adapter, I can get a picture in 10.14.6u2 but if I plug in the HDMI or try to boot with it or both.. it black screens..

here is a file pack that Madl0n had me dump .. its a virgin new install with only clover 4932 from tony installer and intel kext

I will included my edited DSDT that has been working great in Send me localagentsiMac.lab.zipEl Cap with a 4300ish clover too

really appreciate your time slice.. I know you are a busy guy!!

DSDT mod.aml.zipArchive.zip

Do you try actual release r5070  from SourceForce instead of clover 4932

8 hours ago, Slice said:

This is known problem:

OldChipset+Radeon7xxx+10.13=black screen.

You have to stay with 10.12.6 or change video card to Nvidia.

@Slice

Yes.. I have tried 5070 but not on this latest re-install

This is known problem:

OldChipset+Radeon7xxx+10.13=black screen.

You have to stay with 10.12.6 or change video card to Nvidia.

this is a VEGA..not a Radion 7000 (unless they are the same I don't know) 

I thought they were fully supported on the Mac Pro 5,1 ?  

The whole reason I bough the Vega was to upgrade to Mojave where NVDIA wasn't supported?

so with the DX58so .. I am stuck at 10.12?  well thats no damn good!!!

at one point I had dual screens working .. but for the life of me  I can't remember the combination of OS X mojave version, DSDT, kext, and config file that I was using

13 hours ago, Slice said:

Any Radeon >7xxx affected this problem.

Nvidia Kepler is supported in Mojave.

thanks slice...

I am getting closer..

10.14.6 18g95 

macpro5,1 smbios. clover 4932, aptiomemoryfix, native (not EMU nvram), custom DSDT, no ssdt, no runtime patches

If I boot with only the DP 4k tv hooked up (other monitor at HDMI can be plugged in but off), I can boot to login.  If I sleep the system (and with this combination I have sleep finally again), I can turn on the HDMI monitor and wake the system and both montors will function.

I have boot args, shikigva=96, shikiboard-id for iMac Pro, -rad24 (older monitors). not currently using darkwake=0 but that is what I have used in the past.

if I try and boot with both monitors on.. or I boot with just the 4k.. then try and plug the HDMI in before I do the initial sleep, black screen, but the system is running and I can ssh into it.. running shutdown curiously won't shut it down.. it just hangs .. file activity seems to stop so I give it a couple minutes and force boot.

while its doing this, console is filling up with crash reports of GPU.restarts.. I have zipped some up.. can you please take a look?

This looks like it could be a simple fix of forcing some kind of handshake at the login screen on initial boot, kind of what the system does when running and you shut a monitor down.. it blanks and re-syncs .. 

VEGA gpu.restart.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I assume this might be of interest here. Discovered quite by accident. I have a couple of Asrock ITX Z390 systems. At some point fairly recently i updated clover and it removed my AptioMemoryFix driver. The fun part is that these boards boot just fine without any aptio driver. Thats not supposed to be possible is it?

g\

• Like 1