Clover problems report & features request

ErmaC
953 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, meaganmargaret said:

Okay, something in AptioMemoryFix is broken (I'm on 4458).

When I try to boot, the booting process gets stuck at:

Start RandomSeed

End RandomSeed

Error allocating 0x11d60 pages at 000000001531a000 alloc type 2

Couldn't allocate runtime area

.......(and at this point, its dead)....

I have an X99 with a 6950x processor, and to get my system to boot I had to go back OSX free 2000 and EMU.  I also tried the AptioMemoryFix from Clover 4509, and it did the same.  Does anyone have any idea what this error means or why with the newer versions of AptioMemoryFix it's showing up?

Anyone have the latest AptioMemoryFix and AptioInput (compiled versions)?

lastest AptioMemoryFix and AptioInput attached.

AptioInputFix.efi

AptioMemoryFix.efi

On 6/12/2018 at 5:57 AM, Hackmac101 said:

please move away from sf to github, for a more reliable service, easier for everyone to  contribute code and build wiki, as well as PR reviews. 

What? Anyone can contribute now.... What are you talking about? There is a wiki, that is outdated because the login is broken. There is also a wiki at sourceforge and I have asked several times for users to help migrate and update. Not ONE single person has contacted me to even try. So don't act like we are a support team and you paid for this software. This is educational software and we do this in our spare time for fun. And github has been going downhill and as someone wisely said:

17 hours ago, bronxteck said:

LOL are you sure about that Microsoft just bought git[hub]....

• Like 3

i noticed while building clover on 10.14 with xcode 9.4 that i got a popup about lzma compression being out dated and that it was only going to allow it to run this time because it was to old and that i needed to update it for future use. so my question is... should it get updated.

clover is still using the first public release. https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4543/tree//Library/LzmaCustomDecompressLib/LzmaCustomDecompressLib.inf#l6

yet latest is version 18 https://www.7-zip.org/sdk.html.

my question is should that not  be updated especially if OSX will not allow the one in the clover code to run any more? im guessing with another mojave future update

4 hours ago, bronxteck said:

i noticed while building clover on 10.14 with xcode 9.4 that i got a popup about lzma compression being out dated and that it was only going to allow it to run this time because it was to old and that i needed to update it for future use. so my question is... should it get updated.

clover is still using the first public release. https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4543/tree//Library/LzmaCustomDecompressLib/LzmaCustomDecompressLib.inf#l6

yet latest is version 18 https://www.7-zip.org/sdk.html.

my question is should that not  be updated especially if OSX will not allow the one in the clover code to run any more? im guessing with another mojave future update

This compression used by EDK2

/MdeModulePkg/Library/LzmaCustomDecompressLib

55 minutes ago, bronxteck said:

@slice maybe ANV old project can give you some ideas for edid since it can do multi monitor edid I can't post in the other thread 

It is system application using system drivers. I asked about Clover.

On 6/16/2018 at 1:33 PM, JrCs said:

The login to update the clover wiki work if you use a github account.

Hey, JrCs, where have you been?? The github login is broken. It fails with:

Authentication failed
Insufficient data from authentication provider, name not provided or empty

I am however logged in to github afterwards... Which makes no sense because I can not edit a page on the wiki.

hi guys, good afternoon,

I noticed today that clover 4578, don't start in the same point it was when the pc was shutdown, is this normal?

I don't know if I explained me well, but her It comes: I have 2 ssd one with High Sierra, and other with Mojave, today I noticed that at clover screen the one highlighted was the Mojave one, and yesterday when I shutdown the pc was in High Sierra...

Thanks...

hi guys, good afternoon,
I noticed today that clover 4578, don't start in the same point it was when the pc was shutdown, is this normal?
I don't know if I explained me well, but her It comes: I have 2 ssd one with High Sierra, and other with Mojave, today I noticed that at clover screen the one highlighted was the Mojave one, and yesterday when I shutdown the pc was in High Sierra...
Thanks...
What do you have set in config.plist as default boot volume? Last booted?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

lHi SavageAus,

Last booted volume... but yesterday was the same, and it stayed on the last booted, and today no...

Edited by MorenoAv