AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Hi,

finally got my Ethernet and Audio Working for my Samsung R70 Damaya.

The Problem was that I didn't have sound or Ethernet yet, but with this package below, you will be able to get Audio working. For some reason Audio seems to be connected to Ethernet drivers... so my Ethernet worked with it right away???? Anyway just download the file below and copy AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext into Systems/Library/Extensions. After that perform a restart.

The System will tell you that both Extensions won't be able to start. Edit the ALCinject.kext/Contents/Info.Plist with Terminal by using the following commands.

sudo nano /Systems/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Find IONameMatch

and add another string just below the first one.

The String should look like this

pci8086,0262 for the Marvell Yukon 88E8055

Then click STRG O

Enter

STRG X

then do a chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext

then do a rm -rf /Systems/Library/Extensions.mkext

Reboot

Then your Sound and your Ethernet should work

GOOD LUCK

PS: Sound In not tested so far...

Greetings

Doc

hi. my laptop sound chip is 945gm ad1986.

i download"22/12/2007 AD1986 0x11d41986 for testing Click to download" try install.

it's just work.include all device:speak,headphone,mic,spdif..

but i can't control system volume!!!!

how to fix this problem...??help...

Taurga,

Great work... I see that you have created a driver for the Sigmatel 9227, many drivers that is... I'm curious if you could make a driver for the Sigmatel 9228. I'm going to try the 9227 installer you have posted.. but I doubt it would work.

For the record, I know how to use your AWSOME patcher... and I have used it with my codec's... but all i get is one headphone jack working in my XPS m1330, I have a 2 channel built in mic, a mic jack, 2 headphone ports and built in speakers.

Thanks

Sigmatel_9228_codecdump2.txt

Is your soundcard using a Realtek ALC861 sound codec? And what is your computer make and model?

Thanks

Hey Taruga,

I know you're up to your eyeballs in user requests. Just wanted to give you an update:

I used your installer. Thank you for providing that. Interestingly, I still don't see any available audio devices in ASP, but after I left it alone for about 45 min. to an hour, I started to hear "pop" or "click" from the laptop. When I figured out it was coming from the laptop, I tried modifying sound and it worked! I though, "I'll repair disk permissions and restart." After I did that, the sound went away again. Left it alone like before, tried to adjust sound and it works. Why do you suppose that is?

Would you like me copy and paste output from the Console? Is there a way I can perform a codec dump on my own hardware and use it with your HDA patcher?

Thanks!

thx Taruga , my ALC268 work fine ;):wacko:

Could you please be so kind as to give some information about your hardware, OS version, and installer/kext used?

I´ve also got an ALC268 in my laptop, but still can´t make it work.. :(

Im having an issue with the MIC being very low. Im on Dell E1505 with Sigmatel 9200. I tried adding the Boost 3 and it just makes my sound very loud to the point where I have to turn it all the way down for it to work, but MIC then stops working complitly. Please help really need the MIC for Skype. Thanks in advance.

Well.

I would like to know if possible where I can find the complete install procédure for beta4some861_880Installer on this thread or at any places on the web.

Cause I installed it and now I have all good in system profiler (2 ins and 2 outs appears), but no sound at all...

I think I am really near from success...

I just lack a few more advices to make it work...

Should I modify the 2 Kexts ? I missed something...

Please tell me where I am wrong with this install...

Thanx a lot.

Julien

It worked flawlessly with my Asus P5W DH Deluxe running TOH 10.5. Had output before but I can now use Garageband thanks to now having input!

I was going to upgrade to 10.5.1 but am now afraid to… if it’s not broke don’t fix it they say (lol)

Great work!

Respectfully,,

Searay

GREAT MAN !!!! YOU ARE THE MAN !!!! THE GOD AND THE FORCE IS WITH YOU TARUGA !!!

I just downloaded AppleHDA Patch 1.2... then downloaded the correct .TXT for my ALC882 here:

http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/

I just choose 882.txt .... then JUST DRAG the file 882.txt into the Patcher and THAT's IT !!! THAT's IT !!!

REBOOT and choose your correct input/output devices on Audio System Preferences.

(don't forget DOING THIS !! or you will be asking here "Why IT doesn't work ???" like an IDIOT)

SOUND OUT WORKS !!

Mic DOESN'T but in the AUDIO System Preferences Window it register my voice in the INPUT LEVEL, it just doesn't sound out. I wonder why.

Haven't try all others. Sorry. later will be. THANKS AGAIN !!!

Xeikon

Well.

I would like to know if possible where I can find the complete install procédure for beta4some861_880Installer on this thread or at any places on the web.

Cause I installed it and now I have all good in system profiler (2 ins and 2 outs appears), but no sound at all...

I think I am really near from success...

I just lack a few more advices to make it work...

Should I modify the 2 Kexts ? I missed something...

Please tell me where I am wrong with this install...

Thanx a lot.

Julien

ps : this is the new year day, i'am drunk, completely drunk, and back at home I wish to have answer to my problem...

So I've done a copy-paste of my precedent message.

Skuze me for that...... I really need a good trick for my problem...

THANKS...

julien

im having problems with my ALC262, ive tried using my own codec dump and the one from the website, and the 1.2 patcher im getting sound from the headphones and speakers but both at the same time. When i choose output from the headphones it doesnt play sound at all, it says the selected device has no output controls. When using the test kexts im getting only microphone, but no headphones and speaker!

262codec.txt