AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Hi Taruga.

God job. Yours latest alc861 driver is awsome.

Everything works correctly.

It's only one thing I've written before.

The OS X driver switch off hardware after system shutdown, so when i reboot to win xp

I don't have sound.

Please colud you look on that. (It will be 100% correct driver for alc 861).

Thanks.

Hi there ok, i know now i have definitly a AD1988B Soundchip,

i have a Codec Dump, but after running it in HDAPatcher i get following error:

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 by Taruga v1.20			

This codec is not working at the moment, it needs more research

AD1988B.txt

The last two installers for ALC861-vd, (TarugaALC862installer1 and 2) stall in ALCinject forever. :)

Taruga: I wonder why ?!

The kexts are inside the package (right button, Show Package Contents and inside Contents -> Resources you will see both AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext if you need to copy them manually)

then just open Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal

and issue these commands to set permissions and delete extensions cache

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext
rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.*
rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/Caches

Don´t forget to remove AppleAzaliaAudio.kext from Extensions folder if you have it

elviejo

Complete success installing manually. Thanks again. :P

Biostar 945GZ Micro775SE everything working Thanks to Taruga and installer ALC862 v2

Edited by elviejo
Info.

Hi Taruga

I have tried TarugaALC862Installer1, no Apple HDA is getting fixed. So Manually followed your steps.

I can see Speakers and Microphone detected, but cant make out sound from speakers. It says selected device has no output controls.

(ALC 861 VD on Leopard 10.5.0)

Attached is the screenshot.

post-119426-1198867167_thumb.png

post-119426-1198867175_thumb.png

post-119426-1198867183_thumb.png

post-119426-1198867189_thumb.png

Hi Taruga

I have tried TarugaALC862Installer1, no Apple HDA is getting fixed. So Manually followed your steps.

I can see Speakers and Microphone detected, but cant make out sound from speakers. It says selected device has no output controls.

(ALC 861 VD on Leopard 10.5.0)

Attached is the screenshot.

Hello Taruga, I can confirm in Lenovo c200 with ALC861-VD (ALC862) that situation is exactly the same - the installers themselves don't work. Only from second installer after manual copy of both kext I see the same pictures... and no, there is no output comming. Input most likely is working, despite I didn't record anything, but can see some pics from mic comming in.

Recently MadTux, was able to patch ALC268, which is obviously similar to ALC862 and internal speackers were working perfect. The problem there is with microfon - no input at all. I hope it will helps for further investigation.

Hi there ok, i know now i have definitly a AD1988B Soundchip,

i have a Codec Dump, but after running it in HDAPatcher i get following error:

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 by Taruga v1.20			

FutureShock,

i have same problem, still didnt get it work. i am waiting for AppleHDApatch v2.0

Hello Taruga, I can confirm in Lenovo c200 with ALC861-VD (ALC862) that situation is exactly the same - the installers itself doesn't work. Only from second installer after manual copy of both kext I see the same pictures... and no, there is no output comming. Input most likely is working, despite I didn't record anything, but can see some pics from mic comming in.

Recently MadTux, was able to patch ALC268, which is obviously similar to ALC862 and internal speackers were working perfect. The problem there is with microfon - no input at all. I hope it will helps for further investigation.

Hi Bongo, I use an ALC268. Do you mean this ALC862 installer might work for me?

Hi Bongo, I use an ALC268. Do you mean this ALC862 installer might work for me?

If I remember correclty, MadTux told me that he has read on ALSA project that both chipsets (ALC862 and ALC268) are similar and he has able to provide working solution from latest alc268testing.

Did anyone get full sound working on Asrock Conroe945g-dvi's ALC888 under iATKOS/10.5.1? Only stereo out works so far.

same here, only audio out with azalia kext. asrock conroe 1333 945g alc888 ich7

:(

there is a realtek linux audiopack, is there a way that it can be compiled for universal binary???

Hello you all :(

I have Realtek ALC880 audio on laptop Amilo pi 1556.

I tried all taruga solutions, no one worked.

For me only Azalia works, now I have only line out working (no speakers nor line in).

It would be an amazing dream for me to have my LINE IN working, so i could use my Hackintosh for guitar effects and my Macbook pro for song and sequences writing and playing.

It would be amazing...

IF someone (taruga or everyone else) has the trick to raise my LINE IN... Please tell me what to do.

THANX A LOT for making this forum living, it's a great website.

Julien

Here is my codec dump :

codec_dump.txt

Taruga: Try this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=18275

Edited by Taruga

Hi Taruga,

Any chances to get alc268 headphones to work???? on headphones I have a volume control in the cord.....

if you can do anything or can teach what plist need to be edited.... any information will be welcome....

And, very thanks by all that you have doing for us.... You are THE MAN..

PS.: if this help, on appleazalia solution, I get a functional volume control... but not get sound.....

ALC861 users - I´ve put 2 kext´s online yesterday, I got no feedback if it´s working or not.

JJDuro reported ALC861_v2 working with his Asus notebook F3JC and what about the rest of you who downloaded it ?!

I guess anyone needs to clarify first, what codec should be applied to?, i mean, this codecs (ALC862 or ALC268) should be applied to a kind of machine whith this audio specs (ALC862 (ALC861-VD), ALC880) and other machines, and then create or update a list with detailed information about the working machine specs, (avoiding redundant questions). :blowup:

so, here is the Q, ¿it really works for ALC861-VD or is just for ALC862???

Just tested the latest ALC268-test patch. Still no music.

Soundcard gets detected, but when there should be sound in the speakers I only get some crackling noise. Anyways, better than before ;)

Two outputs are available in Prefs - Audio, but can´t adjust volume.

I´ve attached the ioreg portion for the soundcard, and some screenshots.

Hardware: Acer TM6292, Realtek ALC268

Software: iATKOS, PC_EFIv8, Speedstep, and some kexts from Tiger 10.4.8 (AppleACPI.. and IOPCI.. probably most important)

(More details can be found from attachments in my other posts)

Thanks for all your good work!!

ALC268_ioreg.txt

post-148178-1198965946_thumb.png

post-148178-1198965953_thumb.png

Hi Tagura! I the beginner at a forum also ask the help

I used AppleHDAPatcher v1.17, 1.18, 1.19 and 1.20 with my Linux codec dump (ALC880)

The result one - is not present a sound, the microphone does not work

Help me, please

system.log:

Dec 29 21:39:43 localhost kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::initCPUCtrlLoop - pmCPUControl (PMIOCSETPSTATETABLE) returned 0x39cbe00

Dec 29 21:39:43 localhost kernel[0]: ALCinject: Starting.

Dec 29 21:39:43 localhost kernel[0]: ALCinject: Setting built-in=<data not shown>

Dec 29 21:39:43 localhost kernel[0]: ALCinject: Setting layout-id=<data not shown>

Dec 29 21:39:43 localhost kernel[0]: NVDANV40HAL loaded and registered.

p.s PatcherReport & codec dump file (Mandriva Linux)

Taruga: Try this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=19374

AUDIO1.tiff

my_codec_dump.txt

Edited by Taruga

This is a call for help to Taruga, if he/she is available:

How's it going? I have a Lenovo 3000 Y410 notebook that I've successfully installed Leopard and Vista on it. Basically, everything works except the audio and the networking. (Wireless networking is the infamous Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG adapter. Ethernet is a Broadcom 590x adapter. Can't find anything at all on that. But I digress...)

The following info is from the Vista side about my audio controller:

* Realtek High Definition Audio Properties *

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&REV_1000

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&REV_1000

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&REV_1000

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B&VEN_10EC

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&VEN_10EC

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&GF&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_17AA3837&REV_1000

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_17AA3837&REV_1000

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_17AA3837

* High Definition Audio Controller *

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_284B&SUBSYS_384E17AA&REV_03

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_284B&SUBSYS_384E17AA

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_284B&CC_040300

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_284B&CC_0403

As you can see, the Realtek High Definition Audio Properties list this:

* DEV = 0262

* VEN = 10EC

* SUBSYS = 17AA3837

...and the High Definition Audio Controller lists this:

* DEV = 284B

* VEN = 8086

* SUBSYS = 384E17AA

...but in the Apple System Profiler it lists this:

Device ID: 0x17AA384E

So I've used the AppleHDA patcher and the ALC262 codec, which is what I have, right? I've also edited an AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, with no results. I see an output device in my Sound Properties, but as many others have experienced, no audio out of the speakers or out of the headphones. I've tried editing the susbsystem in the code dump to reflect the two above and still, no sound. I know I must be like many others who are just missing something simple. Do you think I could get a bit of help from you on this?

Many thanks, and have a good day!

Hey Taruga,

I know you're up to your eyeballs in user requests. Just wanted to give you an update:

I used your installer. Thank you for providing that. Interestingly, I still don't see any available audio devices in ASP, but after I left it alone for about 45 min. to an hour, I started to hear "pop" or "click" from the laptop. When I figured out it was coming from the laptop, I tried modifying sound and it worked! I though, "I'll repair disk permissions and restart." After I did that, the sound went away again. Left it alone like before, tried to adjust sound and it works. Why do you suppose that is?

Would you like me copy and paste output from the Console? Is there a way I can perform a codec dump on my own hardware and use it with your HDA patcher?

Thanks!

Hello and a happy new year Taruga!

I just completed an install to a ( Gigabye)GA-P35-DS3P (rev. 1.1) by using the vanilla kernel of kalyway's 10.5.1, on a single mbr partition, everything was working QE, CI, rotation etc, the only thing missing is the Audio line in and out. Havent tried anything yet since this board runs with ICH9, i'm still browsing through the forums but if you can point me to the right direction, this new year will be the best ever!

THanks a lot and may the force be with us all! ;)

28/12/2007 2 Installers for ALC862 (test them both an see if it works for you)

seems that both installers made same thing on my machine;

INTERNAL SPEAKERS WORK

HEADPHONES OUTPUT WORKS

MIC INPUT WORKS

!!!!

:)

but!

i cannot control volume on outputs....

it says: The selected device has no output controls and output volume is always on max :)

taruga, you are the savior :))))) thanks for this, it's more than enough for me ;)))) tell me if you need any system reports or something...

all the best!