AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing

1,119 posts in this topic

Looks like AMD chips may end up doing better for OS until apple makes the kernel invisible. I hope this doesn't kill our kernel and ability to create new ones in the future.

http://bgr.com/2018/01/03/intel-chips-security-issue-mac-windows/amp/

A big {censored} but it does not surprise me so much. I saw a much worse movie in a documentary in the late of the '80s.

The American secret service has forced the American manufacturers to open any chip leaving the United States for the secret service. So that the secret service had access the systems at any time.

I hope you understand me. we've been in the dark world for decades, which George Orwell's described in his book "1984".

**what is truth and what is illusion ??, that's not in my hand, i'm just an invisible member in the whole big {censored} world and make me my own thoughts. :D

would it be possible to load the kernel from clover for instance, so you won't have to replace it?

I left AMD some years ago but now thinking about coming back to amd with a ryzen or threadripper

I don’t think so

Thanks everybody for this amazing work! Does anybody have kernel and kext patches available?

Works with ROG Strix GL702ZC, however when HDMI external display is connected and I shut down the lid the mouse cursor becomes very slow. But when I unplug HDMI and plug it again all of sudden it fixes itself :-/ Weird

Thanks everybody for this amazing work! Does anybody have kernel and kext patches available?

Works with ROG Strix GL702ZC, however when HDMI external display is connected and I shut down the lid the mouse cursor becomes very slow. But when I unplug HDMI and plug it again all of sudden it fixes itself :-/ Weird

Kernel and patches??? What do you need?

Unfortunately this happens to me in my ryzen machine I have to unplug and plug back the hdmi after sleep to work again

Works with ROG Strix GL702ZC, however when HDMI external display is connected and I shut down the lid the mouse cursor becomes very slow. But when I unplug HDMI and plug it again all of sudden it fixes itself :-/ Weird

This seems to be a kernel issue as Ryzen sleep suffers in High Sierra, we had it working well in Sierra though so there is some hope for a future kernel that will work better for Ryzen.

@bbmatias3 I was thinking about trying to build the kernel myself and I’m guessing some patches need to be applied to it in order to make it work for AMD CPUs

It could be difficult to use clover to inject the kernel patches at least using Kext and Kernel patches section.     I think it is much more than just a few find and replace values.   For high Sierra we only have Bronya's kernel which is dated Oct 4th.     Its based on the HS 10.13.1 release but for me its still working in Dev Beta 10.13.3 version 4.   The kernel works with Intel systems so its really easy to update High Sierra using an intel system than replacing in the Ryzen.   

Shanee was able to make one as well a few months ago, it works and he may have listed it and the notes on his Github page.     He hasn't released it yet on this site but I think he wanted to work on it a little more.   I tested it and it works well, but it won't boot on Intel like Bronya's.   You might want to talk to him and see if he thinks its possible to use Clover to patch it.    

Maybe it would be possible to create a folder like the Clover Kext "Other" folder and keep it in there and boot with it.     That would be a nice feature to have but I;m not sure Clover can do it without removing the original OS kernel from the software.    

post-1753549-0-34111300-1515646393_thumb.png

Yes I asked because I thought applying several patches to the original kernel and building it with Macs tool chain would help me to build my own one. But it seems like I need to read more about it. Thanks anyway

by USBinfo fix i meant these files : VDC.plugin and SPUSBReporter.spreporter ( without these incorrect usb information is shown ).

and for me i just need DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext to make my USB 3.0 ports work . ( no GenericUSBXHCI.kext and DummyUSBXHCIPCI.kext are used )

thanks for inform..

it works USB 3.0 from CPU but does not whit USB 3.0 and 2.0 from x399 chipset..

is USB port from cipset work on your system?

and this VDC.plugin, SPUSBReporter.spreporter binary patched? or just plist edited?

I was trying to fine how it made but failed...

can I get tutorial about this??

Hey guys. Does anyone know will Pandora's box be updated to support High Sierra? This question was appeared just because quite a lot of time has passed since first High Sierra release, and there is still no cool thing for creating installer.  :euro:  

Hey guys. Does anyone know will Pandora's box be updated to support High Sierra? This question was appeared just because quite a lot of time has passed since first High Sierra release, and there is still no cool thing for creating installer.  :euro:  

The developer for that retired.  I still cannot install high sierra...

Looks like AMD chips may end up doing better for OS until apple makes the kernel invisible. I hope this doesn't kill our kernel and ability to create new ones in the future.

http://bgr.com/2018/01/03/intel-chips-security-issue-mac-windows/amp/

I am trying this on AMD and Intel.  Looks like AMD cpu does not show timing pattern even on Sierra.  Intel still shows pattern with High Sierra.  The irony is that Enoch does not slide the kernel address and breaks all attack because they assume the slide is not zero.  Finally read the first page of kernel memory, https://opensource.apple.com/source/xnu/xnu-3789.70.16/osfmk/x86_64/lowmem_vectors.c.auto.html"Catfish" is located at physical address zero.  The end of kernel memory is at vm_last_addr  set to  0xFFFFFFFFFFFFEFFF 

• Like 1

with the logs of the kernel when the applications are slow is  possible to get information to modify the kernel or create a pacth to not let the performance of nvidia so poor?

when I use some graphic app like unity,gimp,blender,cinebench,steam  ever   console monitor  show me this when hackintosh is slow 

kernel       invalid  user opcode 64:

waiting for bronya and shanee kernel for 13.3

Have you tried it with the old one(s) ?     I'm in Dev beta 13.3 version 5 I haven't tested version 6 yet but will give it a go.

13.3 DEV BETA 6 works which just came out so its probably good in official release.

Have you tried it with the old one(s) ?     I'm in Dev beta 13.3 version 5 I haven't tested version 6 yet but will give it a go.

13.3 DEV BETA 6 works which just came out so its probably good in official release.

i will try it now,,but 13.3 is weird after updating on my intel machine and configure your mac appear then reach the desktop im confusing why my mac still on 10.13,,wtf clover?or wtf 10.13.3 combo update?

i will try it now,,but 13.3 is weird after updating on my intel machine and configure your mac appear then reach the desktop im confusing why my mac still on 10.13,,wtf clover?or wtf 10.13.3 combo update?

I wonder if its the end of the beta program I'm in the beta 6 and it wants to update to 13.3 public release.

I wonder if its the end of the beta program I'm in the beta 6 and it wants to update to 13.3 public release.

got no issue updating 10.13.3 on my amd 5800k machine with 6450,,now waiting a system.kext for 10.13.3 from bronya and shanee

post-1375295-0-52745200-1516775609_thumb.png