6 hours ago, hugeschnauzer said:

Can u help me how to do i Chris?

Are u sure Whatevergreen does fix it?

download release here.

execute with sudo

sh-3.2# ./gfxutil -f PEG0

DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)

7 hours ago, CMMChris said:

@Pluskat5000Schiffe Make sure your PCI path is correct. You can generate it with GFX Util.

output is:

Clover Properties are : PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) 

So that's Ok. 

Chris can you please give me a few PowerTable tries to start with and to try to find the best match for the Sapphire RX Vega 64 nitro? A lot of people out here with that card. You told that running this card perfectly correct PowerTable settings are needed but I don't know what to change to be honest.

Edited by Pluskat5000Schiffe

On 10/8/2018 at 8:12 PM, max.1974 said:

Basically you need use with your setting as you want, and insert PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable and codes on RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext 

Try install with kext utility this:

Silent Fan: already inserted settings...

RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext.zip

After install and before restart your Mac  run in terminal this command:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Restart and enjoy...

If not work or you need another settings, you can call me on pm :wink_anim:!! 

hi

use a original 5.1 macpro with sapphire vega64

your kext works very well in 10.14.1

but not in 10.3.6 : -(

fan is 700 in mojave bur 2400 in highsierra

run kextutil and terminal line

THX

Indio

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 02.11.04.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indio said:

hi

use a original 5.1 macpro with sapphire vega64

your kext works very well in 10.14.1

but not in 10.3.6 : -(

fan is 700 in mojave bur 2400 in highsierra

run kextutil and terminal line

THX

Indio

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 02.11.04.jpg

Try use this in HS and install in System/Library/Extension...

AMD MOD HS 1642MHZ 1000 RPM.zip

*Dont forget delete old kext VegaLow... and most important: you need disable SIP

Edited by max.1974

On 10/13/2018 at 11:09 PM, couleurs said:

Does anyone know if this works with a RX580 too?

It uses the AMD9500controller.kext instead of AMD10000controller.kext so we should be able to inject similar values?

I want to undervolt and adjust the fan curve...

I'm using a Sapphire RX580 4GB Pulse and it works great in Windows 10 using latest AMD drivers but in macOS 10.14 the card runs +5c hotter and fans start to spin up 20% when the card hits 50c. I have tried editing the BIOS using Polaris Editor (undervolt, adjust mhz, fans etc) which works fine in Windows (confirmed in GPU-Z and AMD Wattman) but in macOS the AMD9500controller.kext seems to take over BIOS settings and adjust to its own defaults!!

Maybe you need extract the BIOS from your RX580 in Windows and find a PowerSoftPlayTable standard ....

5 hours ago, max.1974 said:

Try use this in HS and install in System/Library/Extension...

AMD MOD HS 1642MHZ 1000 RPM.zip

*Dont forget delete old kext VegaLow... and most important: you need disable SIP

thanx first

will better but fan RPM is near 2000 on idle

"Fan Speed(%)"=40
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=1996
"Temperature(C)"=29

and now a lot of flicker in furman test

indio

IMG_4829.jpg

Edited by Indio

22 hours ago, CMMChris said:

If your card turns off and fans go full blast this doesn't mean it crashed. It means that you hit the maximum temperature on some component and it turned off to prevent damage. Not good! Try without PowerPlayTable and only "PP_DisableFanControl". This will use the stock card settings and prevent macOS from messing with the fans. So the card will control itself. On my card this works fine. No Zero RPM tho. If you want to keep using a PPT you need to tweak your settings in order to prevent overheat. How did you generate your current PPT?

Hi Chris

That is indeed an amazing find.

Fans are now working quiet controlled by bios.... Fan rpms are always on in idle but not audible to me, since they only turn with about 730rpm

Thanks a lot for that!!!

Makes one think what other settings there could be we are not aware of at the moment.

Anyhow, totally happy now. No further need to use any tables to tame the fans.

Regards, Mike

Apple has responded to my bug report and demand a sysdiagnose from a real Mac. Anyone in here with a real Mac Pro + Vega 64 or Vega 64 as eGPU suffering from the fan bug who is able to create a sysdiagnose?

Edited by CMMChris

46 minutes ago, CMMChris said:

Apple has responded to my bug report and demand a sysdiagnose from a real Mac. Anyone in here with a real Mac Pro + Vega 64 or Vega 64 as eGPU who is able to create a sysdiagnose?

i can, but apple wrote before it starts:

This tool generates files that allow Apple to investigate issues with your
computer and help improve Apple products. The files might contain personal
information found on your device or associated with your iCloud accounts,
including but not limited to your name, serial numbers of your device,
your device name, your attached peripheral devices, your user name, your
email address and email settings, file paths, file names, your computer's
IP addresses, and network connection information.

This information is used by Apple in accordance with its privacy policy
(www.apple.com/privacy) and is not shared with any other company. By using
this tool and sending the results to Apple, you consent to Apple using the
contents of these files to improve Apple products.

so i have a problem to give out my personalinformation : -(

there are many of this - the file has 250MB

and i saw so much information of my network, macs, iphones, ipads and my server and the server from clients !!!

it's terrifying what's in there !!!!

so, how can i send it to apple direct in your bugreport?

Edited by Indio

10 minutes ago, Gen4ig said:

I have same card with fan problem, but I have not eGPU and real Mac with thunderbolt 3

Yeah I don’t have eGPU either, I can install the GPU inside the MacPro5,1 like normal PC.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

Hey, how did you get the Clover properties value?  I got the DevicePath value, but not the Clover properties value.  How did you get that value?

Well I thought It had to be added like its mentioned here and I saw it in other forum / topics as well. But You are right only the first part is mentioned the device path. In my context it means that this is the value I use for the discovered value as devicepath with the addition of /Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) 

8 hours ago, meaganmargaret said:

So, the PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)  is a static value that you just entered?  You didn't look it up in IOReg?  Or anything else?

Oops, my bad:  Your value was determined by the result of your gfxutil:  PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0) and your addition of:  Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0), which is an arbitrary value you pulled from one of Chris's posts?

Yes exactly as described after "Oops my bad:"

Uhm, that's kinda wrong. To get your PCI-path open IORegistryExplorer or IOJones and look up your PEG0. Depending on the renames you use and the motherboards way of handling the graphics card it might be located under one those:
- PEG0/GFX0
- PEG0/PEGP
- PEG0/PEGP/display@0
- PEG0/PEGP/GFX0
- PEG0/GFX0/display@0

Check on which of those entries you find the "ATY,bin_image" and other "PP_" settings. This is where the controlling data needs to be injected.
916550971_Bildschirmfoto2018-11-07um13_55_32.thumb.jpg.48cc53c1eaba0025844eebb02617764d.jpg

Now all you have to do is look up this entry with GFX Util. In my case it is "./gfxutil -f display". Now you have the correct PCI path.

Edited by CMMChris

On 11/6/2018 at 7:00 AM, Indio said:

thanx first

will better but fan RPM is near 2000 on idle

"Fan Speed(%)"=40
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=1996
"Temperature(C)"=29

and now a lot of flicker in furman test

indio

Hi sorry late...

Try this kext:  AMD MOD HS 700 RPM STABLE.zip

Only think that you need know is it: in macOs AMD Gpus not work / run seems like windows... so we fix only RPM...what you get beyond its pure benefit...:wink_anim: 

Last login: Wed Nov  7 10:37:32 on ttys000

/Users/mojave/Desktop/fan.command ; exit;

Mac-Pro-de-Christian:~ mojave$ /Users/mojave/Desktop/fan.command ; exit;

"Fan Speed(%)"=14

"Core Clock(MHz)"=350

"Memory Clock(MHz)"=500

"Fan Speed(RPM)"=713

"Temperature(C)"=42

2 hours ago, CMMChris said:

Uhm, that's kinda wrong. To get your PCI-path open IORegistryExplorer or IOJones and look up your PEG0. Depending on the renames you use and the motherboards way of handling the graphics card it might be located under one those:
- PEG0/GFX0
- PEG0/PEGP
- PEG0/PEGP/display@0
- PEG0/PEGP/GFX0
- PEG0/GFX0/display@0

Check on which of those entries you find the "ATY,bin_image" and other "PP_" settings. This is where the controlling data needs to be injected.

Now all you have to do is look up this entry with GFX Util. In my case it is "./gfxutil -f display". Now you have the correct PCI path.

I did indeed Ioreg to find name. I found it was peg0 so I got partly the PCI path with:

sh-3.2#

but indeed 

/gfxutil -f display reveals:

DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

So it's correct.

News about my bug report. I told Apple that I can't provide any info from a real mac right now (don't have an eGPU box at the moment), but might be able doing so later on. Afterwards they accepted a system report coming from my Hackintosh. I then submitted it and a day later they told they will be looking into this issue. Shortly afterwards my case was merged with another bug report (not closed!). So that gives me some hope they will try to fix this mess. Leaves me kind of surprised as well. I expected them to just close my case due to the Hackintosh.

Edited by CMMChris
  • Like 1

Hi Chris, been running your VegaTab_64.kext for awhile now without issue and recently added a second monitor.  Fan is now running high and so are temps when sitting idle.  The LED load shows mostly 0 but sometimes shows full load when not recalling doing anything.

Any ideas?

Well, 

/gfxutil -f display reveals:

DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) what is the correct path.

As soon as I apply any Table under clover device properties the card turns to black screen and blows the fans at 100% under extreme load after a while. I have to reboot. Without any settings applied my card stays stable under these same extreme conditions. Is there anybody who can tell me where to start? I tried "save" ones but also "extreme" ones with much lower voltages. I don't know where to start to get this solved because I think without these settings the card runs very inefficient (too high voltages) so I hope it can be solved.