[RELEASE] Open-source Clover fork with Ryzen support

shawnanastasio

216 posts in this topic

maybe u guys wanna take a look at this code

https://github.com/kevinlekiller/amdctl

it goes up to family 16 but with some mods it might be worth to port/complete it up to family 17 (Ryzen)

and btw

adding a patch to clover is enough ? cause the kernel itself also needs some patches for all to work ok (kinda in linux with microcode loading etc)

• Like 1

maybe u guys wanna take a look at this code

https://github.com/kevinlekiller/amdctl

it goes up to family 16 but with some mods it might be worth to port/complete it up to family 17 (Ryzen)

and btw

adding a patch to clover is enough ? cause the kernel itself also needs some patches for all to work ok (kinda in linux with microcode loading etc)

Speed Stepping?    That would be nice.

I also have issues using it, Ethernet disconnects frequently. What alternatives are there for Intel gigabit i211?

Intel gigabit on AMD motherboard?

Yeah see this board for example, https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/TUF-SABERTOOTH-990FX-R3-0/specifications/

Intel® I211, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)

Yeah see this board for example, https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/TUF-SABERTOOTH-990FX-R3-0/specifications/

Intel® I211, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)

Mine is the same on Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5k Intel i211 gigabit Ethernet. Also, the USB 3.1 typeC may be going into use by Apple which will give more options if it happens.

Hey @Gigamaxx I have intel i211at any way to make my ethernet work? Have you tried Sierra high?

I have tried High Sierra but it gets kernel panic, Bronya mentioned we need to wait for Apple to publish source code? It got pretty close, enabled all 16cpus but stuck with UsBHostcontrollerkext, or Darwin Kenrel panic.

High Sierra developer beta has Immutable kernels (2 total in Prelinked Kernel folder). Might be a pain to fix.

Hey @Gigamaxx I have intel i211at any way to make my ethernet work? Have you tried Sierra high?

Did you try SmallTreeIntel82576.kext ?

You need to use rehabman's fakepciid_igb to set the subsystem id to 0a for the driver to load.

Screen shot running AppleRemoteDestop.  AppleIGB would instantly panic when ARD connection is attempted.

The only trick is that you need to get fakepciid_igb to load first.  Tonymac has a long thread on small-tree drivers.

i211 uses weird eeprom cannot be modified by ethtools.  There seems to be an Intel program on the internet to reprogram

the subdevice id but I have not tried it.

post-1724156-0-52738900-1499300173_thumb.png

• Like 1

I have tried High Sierra but it gets kernel panic, Bronya mentioned we need to wait for Apple to publish source code? It got pretty close, enabled all 16cpus but stuck with UsBHostcontrollerkext, or Darwin Kenrel panic.

High Sierra developer beta has Immutable kernels (2 total in Prelinked Kernel folder). Might be a pain to fix.

Hopefully we will be able to use it , im thinking of getting a rx 580 for native support in sierra high lol

Did you try SmallTreeIntel82576.kext ?

You need to use rehabman's fakepciid_igb to set the subsystem id to 0a for the driver to load.

Screen shot running AppleRemoteDestop. AppleIGB would instantly panic when ARD connection is attempted.

The only trick is that you need to get fakepciid_igb to load first. Tonymac has a long thread on small-tree drivers.

i211 uses weird eeprom cannot be modified by ethtools. There seems to be an Intel program on the internet to reprogram

the subdevice id but I have not tried it.

Ill give it a shot thanks

Frustrating. You and I both keep saying that if someone gives us the changes then we will put them in the source. Why on earth would closed-source and cloning the repo come about without even saying "hey!" to any one involved in the project?

• Like 5

Frustrating. You and I both keep saying that if someone gives us the changes then we will put them in the source. Why on earth would closed-source and cloning the repo come about without even saying "hey!" to any one involved in the project?

The knowledge on clover, chameleon and kernel for Ryzen comes from Bronya, ask him ;)

second time :)

What surprisingly, Bronya does not even have a Ryzen CPU to control his work, so a good coder should find the solution easily. :)

Me, I'm null and do not understand anything in computer coding, I only know the dialogue list and lader  :hysterical:

• Like 1

I thought that's why Shawnanastasio started this thread to commit these fixes to the Clover developers? What happened?

• Like 1