Help - boot with Lenovo M900z

luky35

547 posts in this topic

@gengik84

With the new patches I still can't use USB 3.0 ports to load the installer either :)

It only works on USB 2.0 port.

Most likely, usbinjectall.kext needs updating for 10.13

Edit: Rehabman released a new version...

Try, replace...USBInjectAll.kext.zip

new version is 0.6.1...

Now you  using 0.6...

Try and cross finger.... :P

• Like 1

Update:

Nope!

Still it's no go! :(

:( ...

Rehabman will definitely help, only to wait .... :yes:

For now, you should create the installer on disk...

We will avoid problems with usb ...
Or try to use pen drive 2.0
  • Like 1

It's weird,

I have two PCs with the same case (CoolerMaster Silencio 452), in one of them I have a GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 and in the other one I have an Asus P8H77-M LE and on both cases I have USB header port connected to both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports on the mainboard, and the funny part is that on GA-Z170X USB 3.0 ports on the header don't work but on the Asus they do! I know that they have two different chipset series but still that's kind of funny.

• Like 1

It's weird,

I have two PCs with the same case (CoolerMaster Silencio 452), in one of them I have a GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 and in the other one I have an Asus P8H77-M LE and on both cases I have USB header port connected to both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports on the mainboard, and the funny part is that on GA-Z170X USB 3.0 ports on the header don't work but on the Asus they do! I know that they have two different chipset series but still that's kind of funny.

You might have different controllers ..

On gigabyte you have Asmedia ?

I explain to you:

Your partition = Install DP2

In your case
Create install media for  DP1

sudo /Applications/Install\ MacOS\ 10.13\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install\ DP2  --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ MacOS\ 10.13\ Beta.app --nointeraction

Create install media for  DP2

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia /Volumes/Install\ DP2 /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra\ Beta.app --nointeraction

You can see that the name has been changed by Apple... :P

To solve this kind of problem, use what I did and attach for you ...

It is based on Create install media, so it works from 10.9 to 10.13
:)

Ok, I finally managed to boot from USB 3.0 port on USB 3.0 header ports :D:thumbsup_anim:

I edited the SSDT-UIAC.aml removed all the extra USB entries, removed all the SSD files from ACPI except for DSDT.aml and SSDT-UAIC.aml, removed the MatchOS (10.13.x) entry from the "Kernel and Kext Patches" replaced the USBInjectAll.kext with the v.0.6.1 and now it's working :yes:

Thanks @gengik84

@Luky35

Follow the instructions on how to create the custom SSDT-UIAC.aml from the link I posted earlier and you'll be able to boot from USB 3.0 ports as well.

The good thing about the custom SSDT-UIAC.aml is that if you create it once you can use it forever :)

• Like 1

This is a good question ... :drool:

But I can't answer... :D

:hysterical:

@cyberdevs 

Where do I find this? Please help because I can not do this myself!

"custom SSDT-UAIC.aml"

Of course you can just follow these instructions and be patient in the process; there's a also a link in my signature [macOS Sierra Guide] that you can download the PDF version with pictures. It might look complicated at first but it's really super easy to do.

Custom SSDT-UIAC:

A quick rundown on how to create a custom SSDT-UIAC.
Add the following patch to your config.plist if you don’t already have the patch.

Kext: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Find: 837D8C10
Replace: 837D8C1b
Comment: Raise change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-series)
MatchOS: 10.13.x

The USBInjectAll.kext provided in this guide needs to be and stay installed.
Download ioregistryexplorer Version 3.0.3 from http://mac.softpedia...yExplorer.shtml
or download IOJones which is an alternative to IORegistryExplorer at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/iojones/
Download MaciASL from https://bitbucket.or...L-2017-0117.zip and extract, drag MaciASL.app into /Applications. (Credit RehabMan)
Download OS-X-USB-Inject-All Master from: (Credit RehabMan)
https://github.com/R...hive/master.zip
and extract the zip file.
Inside the OS-X-USB-Inject-All-master folder you will find SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl, copy it to your desktop.

Open ioregistryexplorer and find your device id by typing XHC in the search field.

Open SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl with MaciASL and find your appropriate device id section.

Remove all other sections in the SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl that do not correspond with your device id leaving just the one section. Skylake does not have a EHCI controller so “HUB1”, ”HUB2”, ”EH01”, "EH02" can be removed and in my case I can also remove "8086_1e31", "8086_8xxx", "8086_9xxx", "8086_9cb1", "8086_9d2f" and "8086_a2af".
Compile the file to make sure there are no errors in the code and then save the file with “ACPI Machine Language Binary”. 

Now we turn our attention to ioregistryexplorer, while you have ioregistry open go to the XHC section and take note of the HSxx or SSxx locations that have devices attached. Now plug in a USB 2.0 device into all USB 2.0 you NEED and do the same with USB 3.0 ports with USB 2 and 3 devices and take note of them all.
Returning back to the SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl you will see all ports listed, you need to remove the ones you did not take note of and you can also add a comment to the ones you keep. 

UsbConnector values = USB 2.0 = 0, USB 3.0 = 3. Internal = 255
USB 2.0 devices plugged into USB 3.0 ports HSxx are still marked as USB 3.0 = 3.
Internal devices such as Bluetooth etc are marked as 255

Once you gone through and done this to all the devices you need and removed the ones you don’t you can save your SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl in MaciASL. Make sure you rename it to SSDT-UIAC and that the file format is ACPI Machine Language Binary

Copy and paste the resulting SSDT-UIAC.aml into your EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

Disable the port limit patch in config.plist and add SSDT-UIAC.aml into SortedOrder if needed.

Reboot.

Open ioregistryexplorer and test the ports you left enabled USB 2 & 3.
The number of ports you should see in ioreg should be significantly reduced as they are not being injected anymore.

This is a good question ... :drool:

But I can't answer... :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk