Help - boot with Lenovo M900z

luky35

547 posts in this topic

The problem is the ALC286 codec

There is only one available layout. (3)
Hdef and layout are already on dsdt
The only option now is VoodooHDA

Hi there,

Just out of curiosity, do have any idea why macOS is returning Kernel Panic when the ig-platform-id is set to the right value? I tested all files I posted here on my own pc and all of the work, I even tested some of the files with other people and no one experienced the kernel panic that Luky35 is experiencing. Any thoughts?

• Like 1

Audio works great.

I made this changes to config.plist:

Audio -> Detect

AFGLowPowerstate checked✓, restarted and audio works.

Intel Wi-Fi & BT don't work on Sierra.

Only big problem is this ditheing/blinking, can't work in browser with it (Chome), hardly (Safari).

• Like 1

Hi there,

Just out of curiosity, do have any idea why macOS is returning Kernel Panic when the ig-platform-id is set to the right value? I tested all files I posted here on my own pc and all of the work, I even tested some of the files with other people and no one experienced the kernel panic that Luky35 is experiencing. Any thoughts?

Strange problem ...
The first was fixed this KP but the problem was black screen ...

I would like to see the current EFI folder

Only big problem is this ditheing/blinking, can't work in browser with it (Chome), hardly (Safari).

If you use fake-ID graphics is not good

• Like 1

I'm running out of quota of positive votes for the day  :hysterical:  so I can't like your posts for now :rofl:

Strange problem ...
The first was fixed this KP but the problem was black screen ...

I would like to see the current EFI folder

If you use fake-ID graphics is not good

I had the somewhat similar situation a while back with my own and some other people's Intel HD 530 and using the device ID of 0x191200BB solved the issue and I know that the 0x191200BB is not the valid ID and it's the same as using 0x12345678 but none the less I didn't notice any glitters or jitters.

• Like 1

I'm running out of quota of positive votes for the day  :hysterical:  so I can't like your posts for now :rofl:

I had the somewhat similar situation a while back with my own and some other people's Intel HD 530 and using the device ID of 0x191200BB solved the issue and I know that the 0x191200BB is not the valid ID and it's the same as using 0x12345678 but none the less I didn't notice any glitters or jitters.

My EFI folder

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ov24xiv3d7jfpjx/EFI.zip

You don't need kext-dev-mode=1 anymore.

Have you tested the file I posted to see if it fixes the graphic issue?

You can also remove the "APPLE" folder when you post your EFI folder it's not needed and it only makes the compressed file bigger :)

You can also remove the "APPLE" folder when you post your EFI folder it's not needed and it only makes the compressed file bigger :)

I removed kext-dev-mode=1 and Apple folder.

I changed 0x123... with 0x191... in config.plist but it's the same, no change.

Some other solution maybe.

P. S. Audio doesn't load on every reboot of a PC?

I also tried kext VoodooHDA 2.9.0d10 and it didn't work.

Roll back to your latest working settings.

There was also another fix for SkyLake Glitch but I'm not sure if it's going to work on your pc, so far whatever I thought would work simply didn't. so I'm not sure if it's gonna work or not :)

It's not ok 

I can't think of going back to Windows, hope it doesn't come to than.

I'd like to thank dedicated guys (cuberdevs and gengik84) for all the help they gave me with installations and different tweaks with Sierra.

• Like 2

I hope so, Windows really sucks! :D

But having a partial working macOS is no better. I did some research on your computer and I think you are the first one whom tried to install macOS on it. There are few people whom use older versions of Lenovo ThinkCenter but no one tried M900z series, at least not yet.

There are so many great guys here like @gengik84, @MaLd0n, @Allan and so many others whom have great knowledge about DSDT/SSDT which I'm sure they will help you to get your hackintosh up and running :)

Just be patient and hang in there ;)

I wish if I could help you more on your problem, I'll tried to do so but I guess I failed  :rofl:

• Like 1

Great thanks to @cuberdevs for all the help to get things running.

I'll give it a thinking over, wait for some time, maybe something new comes up. Thanks to @gengik... @ ... 

My old computer M900p ran Mavericks, El Capitan, Sierra without problems.

I hope that maybe in time soluion will present itself and macos will run on new system.

So, how's it going so far? did you get the Audio back?

I also installed a VoodooHDA 2.9.0d10 and repair config.plist "(audio 3) and started again operating normally.
  • Like 1

Great thanks to @cuberdevs for all the help to get things running.

I'll give it a thinking over, wait for some time, maybe something new comes up. Thanks to @gengik... @ ... 

My old computer M900p ran Mavericks, El Capitan, Sierra without problems.

I hope that maybe in time soluion will present itself and macos will run on new system.

It'll take some time of course, I remember when I switched to SkyLake about two years ago, there was no support for it in Mac OS X El Capitan so I had to use a CPU FakeID for couple of months, It nearly took me about 2 months give or take to have a fully operational hackintosh, so don't give up. You'll get there ;)

It'll take some time of course, I remember when I switched to SkyLake about two years ago, there was not support for it in Mac OS X El Capitan so I had to use a CPU FakeID for couple of months, It nearly took me about 2 months give or take to have a fully operational hackintosh, so don't give up. You'll get there ;)

Thank, thanks thanks 100x  :thumbsup_anim: