Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

no, just difference, If the problem persists, it is likely that it comes from the kernel, I still have a lower OpenGL performance (10 fps)

My RX 480 gt210 combo has had the same performance with chameleon and clover. I don't see a difference on my setup, Clover does provide much more options to fix many other things then the graphics so it's better for me.

It's almost like these web drivers are running on i386 platform not x86.

Enoch?

From the "Land of the Lost" no just kidding it's in downloads bootloader section, it is based on chameleon. Check the help thread and see if you can find the poster with Nvidia and Enoch.

Will, Luke and Holly, Ohhhh!

maybe we just have to wait for update on web drivers? do you think they were optimized for intel?

Best bet, or read about Intel failures and successful builds. It sounds like it's been done correctly or you wouldn't have any performance, but something is holding it back, I've read about others having same issues with Intel in certain apps.

Has anyone checked internet speed? Ryzen in OsX vs. Windows?

From Martimer in Ryzen help topic.
Check out the nvram fix in terminal.     To find Terminal go to "Go" on top tool bar open up "Utilites" scroll to bottom and select "Terminal" and type the items listed below, first line then return or enter then second line.    Make sure you have a backup disk or save your current setup before trying.   Also, pull a copy of your nvram.plist from the EFI folder and save it.

It would be nice if this works.

For all those who are having trouble getting your nVidia card to work.

(Please use the ryzenpatcher to get required nvram files in modules)

1. Install nvidia web driver and then reboot.
2. Select nvidia web driver as default driver in the top right corner
3. Open terminal and type the following:
sudo nvram -c
sudo nvram nvda_drv=1

Reboot and you should have working nvidia web drivers :)

is this for people who have trouble installing their graphics card? or you think it could help me in willing to try lol

He was able to install Web Drivers using Chameleon.   The NVRam issue would/could explain timing or clock issue.    It seems like it is something this simple that needs to make Clover Ryzen Web drivers to work better.     

okay i'm going to do a fresh install and try this method. so after i have a fresh install use ryzen patcher then the steps mentioned here?

Just try the terminal command.

you already have everything there this is just a possible fix.   you should drop the web drivers in clover system parameters and use the boot flag nada_drv=1

i had to open terminal and do one command then it asked for my password then it didn't do anything. same thing for the other command i removed nvidia web and booted with the command you gave me . so far same bad results :( will keep trying but is there anyway we can manually check vram to see if there is any issues

when i do a internet speed test it fails when it's doing the upload test

my mobo stock is 3.00 ghz but when i start clover i put npci=30 busratio=36 and in cinebench i get 56 fps now and cpu 1716 but bechmark valley won't open and i get choppy bluethooth audio. i was able to open heaven benchmark with low fps

i had to open terminal and do one command then it asked for my password then it didn't do anything. same thing for the other command i removed nvidia web and booted with the command you gave me . so far same bad results :( will keep trying but is there anyway we can manually check vram to see if there is any issues

when i do a internet speed test it fails when it's doing the upload test

my mobo stock is 3.00 ghz but when i start clover i put npci=30 busratio=36 and in cinebench i get 56 fps now and cpu 1716 but bechmark valley won't open and i get choppy bluethooth audio. i was able to open heaven benchmark with low fps

You have a problem on your installation, redo everything ;)

Hi guys,

I'm newbie here and I got stuck right at the front door T_T

I got error message hdiutil: attached fail - Resource busy when I try using Pandora tools to make the bootable usb.

I'm using a K43sv Laptop with 10.12.3 installed on it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi~

My specifications are
I am using cpu 1700x, asus prime x370 pro.

I followed the guide to install 10.12.5. 

AppleUSBHostController::setPowerStateGated: going to state 2 failed with 0xe00002e9
AppleUSBHostController::setPowerStateGated: going to state 1 returned 0xe00002e9

I tried several methods, but the above message popped up and a kernel panic.

And followed Intel's asus board troubleshooting, but it did not.

Could you tell me how to fix it?

okay thanks i will

Just set proper settings for ncpi=3000, or ncpi=2000, and busratio=xx. Xx=bios CPU frequency setting.

Hi~

My specifications areI am using cpu 1700x, asus prime x370 pro.

I followed the guide to install 10.12.5. 

AppleUSBHostController::setPowerStateGated: going to state 2 failed with 0xe00002e9[/size]AppleUSBHostController::setPowerStateGated: going to state 1 returned 0xe00002e9[/size]

I tried several methods, but the above message popped up and a kernel panic.

And followed Intel's asus board troubleshooting, but it did not.

Could you tell me how to fix it?

Try a fresh install either with USB loader or using Mac to create a sierra disk. Use Ryzen Patcher , replace kernel and prelinked kernel, run kext wizzard, then install clover and replace the clover and boot folders in EFI fpartition. Add a sample config.plist and follow the first boot instructions.

Hi guys,

I'm newbie here and I got stuck right at the front door T_T

I got error message hdiutil: attached fail - Resource busy when I try using Pandora tools to make the bootable usb.

I'm using a K43sv Laptop with 10.12.3 installed on it.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have a fresh download of Sierra 12.5 and is it in Applications folder? If it's not in applications folder Pandora probably can't find it. I have the same error message when trying to load High Sierra with pandora, it's not being recognized. If you already have Sierra in applications folder and it's an older 12.3 version you need to remove it first before you can download the 12.5 version from AppStore.