Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

Here you go, timing was good I was just running them for Sea Man with Console running.   Cinenbench Maxes the CPU.   RX 480 with Nvidia gt210 as helper card.    Sierra 12.6 beta 3.

Dropped my CPU to 3.0GHZ and got this.   Must be a blue moon out!

post-1753549-0-84947800-1497737348_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-46943900-1497737379_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-93613800-1497737399_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-40807400-1497737685_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-40308400-1497738672_thumb.png

• Like 1

Here you go, timing was good I was just running them for Sea Man with Console running.   Cinenbench Maxes the CPU.   RX 480 with Nvidia gt210 as helper card.    Sierra 12.6 beta 3.

Thanks ! I checked again and after repair permissions and clean system / user cache with onyx.app i have a lower kernel_task like you , before it was on 70% and more.

sea.jpg

Your clock is wrong, you can not make 26000 point to 3 Ghz ;)

All these tests mean nothing, if your kernel is out of sync, you can do 3000 cb on cinebench and 50 000 points on geekbench cpu  ;)

You must fix the speed of your kernel

edit:

result true ;)

https://browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/3149192

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/322433-ryzen/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2430918

Edited by papiercul

edit:

result true ;). ?    What is true?

If I set BIOS to Auto the CPU runs at 3.0GHz, benchmarks= normal.       I set it manually to 3.0GHz vs. Auto setting in BIOS.

My RX 480 is punching it out are you saying my CPU is causing increased GPU performance?    RX 480 with gt210 before or on auto setting is 110,000 vs. 135,00-141,000 with IGPU Intel system.    So my RX is getting closer to peak performance,

post-1753549-0-16310500-1497741653_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-25381200-1497741695_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-10761600-1497741731_thumb.png

edit:

result true ;). ?    What is true?

If I set BIOS to Auto the CPU runs at 3.0GHz, benchmarks= normal.       I set it manually to 3.0GHz vs. Auto setting in BIOS.

My RX 480 is punching it out are you saying my CPU is causing increased GPU performance?    RX 480 with gt210 before or on auto setting is 110,000 vs. 135,00-141,000 with IGPU Intel system.    So my RX is getting closer to peak performance,

Opencl is not significant, ryzen 7 1700 stock is at 1427 cb stock and no more, maybe 1450, your kernel is not fixed, so do not enter any flag busratio etc ... with kernel auto Darwin 16.5, Compare your results with Win10 64, normally you will have substantially the same results with lower opengl. :)

look 1800x @ 4 Ghz ;)

https://browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/3145643

is true :)

i was able to install my gtx 1080ti but getting bad performance in cinebench only 40-45 fps. i have nvidia web drivers installed and enabled not sure what's the issue.

msi x370 carbon

pny gtx 1080ti

8 gigs corsair ddr4

ryzen 1700

i was able to install my gtx 1080ti but getting bad performance in cinebench only 40-45 fps. i have nvidia web drivers installed and enabled not sure what's the issue.

msi x370 carbon

pny gtx 1080ti

8 gigs corsair ddr4

ryzen 1700

it's problem  web drivers nV , is general, nV, bad result on mac OS

test Metal particles and GFX Metal ?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309245-metal-particles-as-demo-bench-new-nbody-metal-demobench/

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gfxbench-metal/id989080902

Edited by papiercul

Thanks ! I checked again and after repair permissions and clean system / user cache with onyx.app i have a lower kernel_task like you , before it was on 70% and more.

sea.jpg

i made various test and when I change the oc in the bios. in the first boot the kernel_task its in lower percentage and the cb score is high. but when reboot the kernel_task its in a percentage about a 70% and the cb score is lower,

if anyone needs help installing their nvidia web drivers this is how i did it. right after my fresh install, i booted via injection nvidia in the clover menu before boot(do not boot via nvidia web/ it will boot but drivers have not been installed) . once i logged into my mac the screen look all wrong. if you go to about mac it should say you have a couple mb under your graphics card. i decided to change my macs definition to imac 14,2. via clover configuration. then i decided to install the nvidia web drivers and kept getting this error that the installation failed. i have a gtx 1080ti so what i did is extract the web driver with Pacifist, put kexts in System/Library/Extentions and run KextUtility then run kextwizard reboot now you boot with (nvidia web via clover) you no longer need to inject nvidia. the resolution should be good.(nvidia control panel is not going to work) just reinstall web driver and reboot and it will work!!

• Like 2

it's problem  web drivers nV , is general, nV, bad result on mac OS

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309245-metal-particles-as-demo-bench-new-nbody-metal-demobench/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/uploads/monthly_05_2017/post-1753549-0-95218900-1494687404_thumb.png

I am aware of the problem or situation.   My clock is fine,

i made various test and when I change the oc in the bios. in the first boot the kernel_task its in lower percentage and the cb score is high. but when reboot the kernel_task its in a percentage about a 70% and the cb score is lower,

thats right , after a reboot i have again this kernel_task eating my cpu.

kernel_task    CPU 71.1   TIME  5:25.83  THREADS  102    IDLE WAKE UPS

if anyone needs help installing their nvidia web drivers this is how i did it. right after my fresh install, i booted via injection nvidia in the clover menu before boot(do not boot via nvidia web/ it will boot but drivers have not been installed) . once i logged into my mac the screen look all wrong. if you go to about mac it should say you have a couple mb under your graphics card. i decided to change my macs definition to imac 14,2. via clover configuration. then i decided to install the nvidia web drivers and kept getting this error that the installation failed. i have a gtx 1080ti so what i did is extract the web driver with Pacifist, put kexts in System/Library/Extentions and run KextUtility then run kextwizard reboot now you boot with (nvidia web via clover) you no longer need to inject nvidia. the resolution should be good.(nvidia control panel is not going to work) just reinstall web driver and reboot and it will work!!

Thank you, I put it in Post #2 with credit bbmatias3.   

This is what happened with me I was at 3700MHz but it crashed so I set bios to 3.0GHz and it ran benchmarks hot.    After reboot at 3.0 its back to normal.    Don't tell Papircul, lol!

• Like 1

Thank you! I have been stuck on that error message as well, I will give this a try:)

@motoxnate if you need help let me know

it's problem web drivers nV , is general, nV, bad result on mac OS

i'll give it a shot. when i try to run different opengl programs to test they lag or freeze. nvidia web driver is installed good! i asked around and another hackingtosh user has the same graphics card using intel and getting 120fps on cinebench

@motoxnate if you need help let me know

i'll give it a shot. when i try to run different opengl programs to test they lag or freeze. nvidia web driver is installed good! i asked around and another hackingtosh user has the same graphics card using intel and getting 120fps on cinebench

I did as you said, manually extracted and installed both Cuda and Web drivers, ran kext wizard, removed inject nvidia from config and added nvidia web driver option.

Now after a reboot I got halfway booted, and kernel panic. Another reboot and the familiar Error loading kernel cache (0x9)

I did as you said, manually extracted and installed both Cuda and Web drivers, ran kext wizard, removed inject nvidia from config and added nvidia web driver option.

Now after a reboot I got halfway booted, and kernel panic. Another reboot and the familiar Error loading kernel cache (0x9)

@motoxtane sory i tried to reply. i never mentioned anything about cuda. you have to have nvidia web drivers installed first then you install cuda after normally . try faking your id, first option under graphics option in clover and using nvidia web. make sure inject nvidia is no longer checked and make sure your bus ratio is set correctly

• Like 1

@motoxtane sory i tried to reply. i never mentioned anything about cuda. you have to have nvidia web drivers installed first then you install cuda after normally . try faking your id, first option under graphics option in clover and using nvidia web. make sure inject nvidia is no longer checked and make sure your bus ratio is set correctly

No worries, I'm just making fun!

I was able to get it to reboot by keeping both the inject nvidia and web driver flags. I now have both Web Drivers and Cuda installed, however the card still shows as only 8MB and is not recognized by the web driver. 

Do you think this is because I still have inject NVIDIA?

yes you need to just use nvidia web. try to fake id (first option) and nvidia web under clover options for graphics. sometimes it take me a couple try's until it boots properly. if not just enable nvidia web.

yes you need to just use nvidia web. try to fake id (first option) and nvidia web under clover options for graphics. sometimes it take me a couple try's until it boots properly. if not just enable nvidia web.

I've tried rebooting ~5 times, but each time I get an error message before boot even starts. Even though the driver is properly installed (as I verified) it seems to only boot with inject nvidia.

I will try FakeID, but I don't know how that works, should I leave the fakeID at 0x00000000 and just enable it?

Edit: I was able to get it booted with web driver only (not really sure what I changed) but as soon as it loads the web driver, my screen goes black. The computer is definitely booted, because I can shut it down again using the key command.