Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

@bbmatias3 @Gigamaxx

I re-did the Extensions, Frameworks, and Kernels and re-ran kext wizard. This got me to boot. 

I was able to set up an account and I was in the process of downloading Carbon Copy when I got this Kernel Panic...

It looks as though Null CPU Power management kext isn't working properly? How should I go about fixing this?

K6lEuRg.jpg

@bbmatias3 @Gigamaxx

I re-did the Extensions, Frameworks, and Kernels and re-ran kext wizard. This got me to boot. 

I was able to set up an account and I was in the process of downloading Carbon Copy when I got this Kernel Panic...

It looks as though Null CPU Power management kext isn't working properly? How should I go about fixing this?

K6lEuRg.jpg

Install fakesmc in s/l/e

• Like 1

@samaelestevez i'm sorry i don't get what your i mean higher up the voltage?

I meant higher BCLK, sometimes referred to as Bus Clock or Base Clock. Normally this is 100mhz, but, on some motherboards, you can overclock the computer by either increasing the BCLK or the CPU multiplier.

For instance, my Ryzen 7 1700 CPU clock is 3,000mhz, that is BCLK x Multiplier (100mhz x 30 = 3,000mhz)

If you increase the BCLK to, say, 120mhz, and leave CPU multiplier as 30, now my cpu speed would be 120mhz x 30 = 3,400mhz.

Alternatively (and this is what 99.99% of overclocks do), you leave BCLK alone at 100mhz and change the multiplier to 34, you get the same 3400mhz overclock.

There seem to be some disadvantages to overclocking the BCLK and that's why people prefer not to change it.

In my case, if I go higher than 120mhz on the BCLK my computer won't even boot up.

Sorry for the lecture, but that's basically what i found: If i increase my BCLK, the FPS go higher by about the same percentage that I increase the BCLK.

I have no clue what this implies and what can we do to get them working properly, but maybe someone here with a higher rank knows and can help.

• Like 1

@blacklig77 check a few post back i posted a way to install web drivers and 10.12.5 web drivers are available

I reposted on Post #2 First page.    

Your IOReg looks good it has accelerators and frame buffers loaded, this is a strange situation, its puzzling, they work but they dont work fully.    

@Gigamaxx you think a different kernel would help? or if i update my clover? i'm trying to mess with my bios settings but no luck :(

when i ran cinebench and use activity monitor when cinebench is running its says cpu usage 90-99 but it always says idel 90+ is that normal? like in my video @Gigamaxx

@bbmatias3 @Gigamaxx

K6lEuRg.jpg

once you have booted and gone through the installation process this will happen every time you start up your mac you just need to make sure you bus ratio and npci is set up properly

• Like 1

@Gigamaxx you think a different kernel would help? or if i update my clover? i'm trying to mess with my bios settings but no luck :(

when i ran cinebench and use activity monitor when cinebench is running its says cpu usage 90-99 but it always says idel 90+ is that normal? like in my video @Gigamaxx

once you have booted and gone through the installation process this will happen every time you start up your mac you just need to make sure you bus ratio and npci is set up properly

Busratio=xx is very important if using this method.      Did you try npci=0x2000?

I meant higher BCLK, sometimes referred to as Bus Clock or Base Clock. Normally this is 100mhz, but, on some motherboards, you can overclock the computer by either increasing the BCLK or the CPU multiplier.

For instance, my Ryzen 7 1700 CPU clock is 3,000mhz, that is BCLK x Multiplier (100mhz x 30 = 3,000mhz)

If you increase the BCLK to, say, 120mhz, and leave CPU multiplier as 30, now my cpu speed would be 120mhz x 30 = 3,400mhz.

Alternatively (and this is what 99.99% of overclocks do), you leave BCLK alone at 100mhz and change the multiplier to 34, you get the same 3400mhz overclock.

There seem to be some disadvantages to overclocking the BCLK and that's why people prefer not to change it.

In my case, if I go higher than 120mhz on the BCLK my computer won't even boot up.

Sorry for the lecture, but that's basically what i found: If i increase my BCLK, the FPS go higher by about the same percentage that I increase the BCLK.

I have no clue what this implies and what can we do to get them working properly, but maybe someone here with a higher rank knows and can help.

the bclk its only avalaible in the x370  boards, in the  b350 boards the oc its only posible by the multi. about the bclk oc its not  recommendable because when you up the bclk made a oc not only to the processor, also to the memory-sata ports- pci-e- and other components.  about the Nvidia problem I think that is related whit Nvidia web driver. my video card its a 660ti an work normal whit the drivers of osx oob.

post-1348578-0-26474600-1498020538_thumb.png

edit: I read a little about the Nvidia pascal web drivers, its only a theory but if the error its that web drivers use the intel igpu to make some process and because that not function properly in our systems?

@CEGOGAP yeah maybe it is the drivers but if you look at youtube with people with intel and our cards they get good performance i wonder what's going on

and if the problem its because the web drivers depends of the intel igpu to some process?

@CEGOGAP

check out this post

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-build-sierra-10-12-4-i7-7700k-gtx1080-ti-ga-z270-gaming-3.223037/

this guy made his gtx 1080ti go all the way over 100fps on cinebench what i noticed is that when i go to about this mac /system report/ graphic cards displays his vrom is different his is 86.02.39.00.69

mine is 86.02.39.00.01

do you think this might be why?

never mind he was in 10.12.4

we're in 10.12.5

@CEGOGAP

check out this post

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-build-sierra-10-12-4-i7-7700k-gtx1080-ti-ga-z270-gaming-3.223037/

this guy made his gtx 1080ti go all the way over 100fps on cinebench what i noticed is that when i go to about this mac /system report/ graphic cards displays his vrom is different his is 86.02.39.00.69

mine is 86.02.39.00.01

I doubt that the VROM version is the problem, that just means different version of the card.

I have started to doubt this cards even work well for intel people. There are heaps of reports all over the web with people having this very same problem we are having with OpenGL (It's just openGL. CUDA and OpenCL work perfectly fine).

On some posts they say we need to change the SMBIOS to macpro 5,1; but that just crashes my boot.

@CEGOGAP

check out this post

mine is 86.02.39.00.01

no. the vrom change because the version (ensamblator, date of fabrication and more) the only way that proob my theory its someone whit a intel rig whitout igpu make some tests.

@blacklig77 check a few post back i posted a way to install web drivers and 10.12.5 web drivers are available

Yes, I was trying that.. and it led me to not booting system :(

What exact version of drivers did you use?

And if I sum it up, you extract that package from nvidia, took kexts (I dont know names of them, cant 

Here is few things I did:

- on install of hackintosh, I did use drivers for "Pascal", not that "Native" (hope it didnt do problem). I booted normally, but 1080Ti was not recognised and video performance was very poor. So I tried all different drivers from nVidia but apparently none of them works for 10.12.5.

So I tried your approach, took the "newest" nVidia driver (WebDriver-378.05.05.15f01) . I did not changed definition to imac 14,2 though (could that be the problem?).  I extracted that driver noticed above and from WebDriver-378.05.05.15f01 Folder/manual Folder/1.6-85-378.05.05.15f01 I took all kext files and copied (and replaced) them to  System/Library/Extentions.

I then ran kext utility, it finished OK. I rebuild it with kext wizzard (disk was mounted on the system I ran this and was booted on though). Rebooted and blackscreen... I tried to play with that clover bootlaoder and only different result from blackscreen I was sometimes getting that crossed circle instead of apple and no boot as well.

So I am stuck in this phase and dont know how to fix it.. I can do new install of entire system, but then I will face this again and if I use same steps, I will probably end up with same result :(

So It would be helpfull maybe describe your steps very exactly.. like what nvidia drivers you used, if you really copied all of kext files and where..(maybe I missed some) etc.. thanks :)

After my failed attempts of installing nVidia drivers, I now cannot even detect EFI partition on that drive I installed hackintosh. What could cause

that? Maybe that is the problem why I dont boot now.. But I only tried to update those kext files for nvidia.. hmm 

Anyway, Do you think, installing 10.12.4 would be less pain? Or this clover and all prebuilt kernels etc will work only with 10.12.5?

@blacklig77 you need to change your definition or you will run into problems. you will need to do extra work if you keep a definition that is not supported.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/119315/en-us

that should be the web driver. that's the one i used,

when you get cross circle give it a couple tries and make sure the first option in clover for the graphics card is enabled. it is fake i'd or something like that followed by nvidia web. those two need to be enabled. inject nvidia should be disabled. and make sure your using the correct npci and bus ratio! and try to boot it takes couple tires . if it finally boots and you get a black screen is because you didn't change your definition. it happened to me

@Gigamaxx @CEGOCAP@samaelestevez

i was able to use my brothers intel easy to install hackintosh and web drivers no issues. what i noticed it did run really hot here are my results. it works better i got a high fps in cinebench my last score was 62fps. and heaven benchmark sorry i forgot what's it called lol was able to do the test. i booted it of an external hard drive but worked so maybe i would have gotten a better score

https://youtu.be/jbUfuTgHY08

https://youtu.be/BOZiyic_X3Q

on my ryzen i canot even open the heaven benchmark so these are my findings

i5-3570k @3.41ghz

16gigs of ddr3

asus mobo

i didn't change anything in the bios lol just installed

is the specs my brothers pc has and i used

thanks

@blacklig77 you need to change your definition or you will run into problems. you will need to do extra work if you keep a definition that is not supported.

when you get cross circle give it a couple tries and make sure the first option in clover for the graphics card is enabled. it is fake i'd or something like that followed by nvidia web. those two need to be enabled. inject nvidia should be disabled. and make sure your using the correct npci and bus ratio! and try to boot it takes couple tires . if it finally boots and you get a black screen is because you didn't change your definition. it happened to me

i was able to use my brothers intel easy to install hackintosh and web drivers no issues. what i noticed it did run really hot here are my results. it works better i got a high fps in cinebench my last score was 62fps. and heaven benchmark sorry i forgot what's it called lol was able to do the test. i booted it of an external hard drive but worked so maybe i would have gotten a better score

i5-3570k @3.41ghz

16gigs of ddr3

asus mobo

thanks

Hi.

I somehow managed to install that driver, I used your method, copied all those kexts and bundl files where it should be, run that kext utility, kext wizzard and then I also installed that nvidia driver and it went through.

Problem is, LAN somehow died after this step, any idea?

And what is worse.. I get image only if I have webdriver off.. If I turn it on, while it is booting, I see apple and before end signal dies and black screen.. I think it has something to do with those definitions as you mention, but what do you mean by that? What exactly should I change and to what values to get the definition right?

I have some Aorus K7 Gaming + 2x Aorus 1080Ti + Ryzen 1700 in system.

https://youtu.be/jbUfuTgHY08

https://youtu.be/BOZiyic_X3Q

i5-3570k @3.41ghz

16gigs of ddr3

asus mobo

thanks

I checked the videos, that's still way off what you should be getting (I get ~120fps on windows with my humble 980ti, you should be getting double of that). I read in another post that we need imac 5,1 definition in order to run our cards at full speed.

You know whats funny? We are both getting ~55fps in cinebench, maybe we are hitting a ceiling?

edit: OK, I tried to change definition but I dont know if I did it right.

In clover loader, went to Options - SMBios and changed

Product Name: from MacPro6,1 to iMac14,2

Board Version: from MacPro6,1 to iMac14,2

hit return, return.. In Graphic Injector, I have selecter "Inject NVidia + Use NVIDIA web drivers".

After 3 trials it somehow booted and it seems to me graphic card is kind of working.

Cinebnch went through at 47.32 FPS on OpenGL test, very low anyway, but at least it works.

But problem is, I still dont have LAN because of that drivers.. before I installed it, I had drivers OK, now they are death.. any idea?

Also how can I change that iMac14,2 permanently? I have to change it everytime I am trying to boot from loader.. thanks :)

edit: OK, I tried to change definition but I dont know if I did it right.

In clover loader, went to Options - SMBios and changed

Product Name: from MacPro6,1 to iMac14,2

Board Version: from MacPro6,1 to iMac14,2

hit return, return.. In Graphic Injector, I have selecter "Inject NVidia + Use NVIDIA web drivers".

After 3 trials it somehow booted and it seems to me graphic card is kind of working.

Cinebnch went through at 47.32 FPS on OpenGL test, very low anyway, but at least it works.

But problem is, I still dont have LAN because of that drivers.. before I installed it, I had drivers OK, now they are death.. any idea?

Also how can I change that iMac14,2 permanently? I have to change it everytime I am trying to boot from loader.. thanks :)

Use Clover Configurator.   Drag a copy of your config.plist to desktop and edit using clover configurator magic wand tossing new system definition.

I checked the videos, that's still way off what you should be getting (I get ~120fps on windows with my humble 980ti, you should be getting double of that). I read in another post that we need imac 5,1 definition in order to run our cards at full speed.

You know whats funny? We are both getting ~55fps in cinebench, maybe we are hitting a ceiling?

Try iMac 13.1.  someone mentioned it worked for Haswell cards and web drivers,