Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

edit: OK, I tried to change definition but I dont know if I did it right.

In clover loader, went to Options - SMBios and changed

Product Name: from MacPro6,1 to iMac14,2

Board Version: from MacPro6,1 to iMac14,2

hit return, return.. In Graphic Injector, I have selecter "Inject NVidia + Use NVIDIA web drivers".

After 3 trials it somehow booted and it seems to me graphic card is kind of working.

Cinebnch went through at 47.32 FPS on OpenGL test, very low anyway, but at least it works.

But problem is, I still dont have LAN because of that drivers.. before I installed it, I had drivers OK, now they are death.. any idea?

Also how can I change that iMac14,2 permanently? I have to change it everytime I am trying to boot from loader.. thanks :)

do not use inject nvidia . reinstall drivers and change your config.plist with clover configuration and save

I checked the videos, that's still way off what you should be getting (I get ~120fps on windows with my humble 980ti, you should be getting double of that). I read in another post that we need imac 5,1 definition in order to run our cards at full speed.

You know whats funny? We are both getting ~55fps in cinebench, maybe we are hitting a ceiling?

i'm greeting better performance in the intel one.i can even open the heaven benchmark something i can't do in my ryzen. you saw the video?

How can I change config.plist?

I am trying to mount EFI but no success. Trying it with Clover Configurator. But I click mount and it does nothing.. Even if I try "rebuild" that EFI by clover_v2, it fails at end.. I am so depressed.. Fourth attempt to get working hackintosh and still no success... :/ 

How do you edit this config.plist???

I am trying to mount EFI but no success. Trying it with Clover Configurator. But I click mount and it does nothing.. Even if I try "rebuild" that EFI by clover_v2, it fails at end.. I am so depressed.. Fourth attempt to get working hackintosh and still no success... :/ 

I cannot get my EFI to mount either. I mount it on my MacBook Pro and use Clover Configurator from there

use pandora third option to mount , the edit config.plist with clover configuration

I cannot get my EFI to mount either. I mount it on my MacBook Pro and use Clover Configurator from there

use pandora third option to mount , the edit config.plist with clover configuration . config.plist should be in efi/clover

no i didn't my whole point was that my gtx 1080ti performers better on the intel machine than my ryzen. the intel processor is kinda old so the fps might be lower lol and no i haven't it's an easy fix

Did the GFX Metal test on your nV?

170069Capturede769cran20170619a768221140

732403Capturede769cran20170621a768204751

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gfxbench-metal/id989080902?mt=8

no i haven't i'll try when i get home! did you see my videos ? lol the intel one performed better than my ryzen i really want to find out why that i5 is old

Open clover configurator, don't select mountefi option that pops up choose no. Then go to the second set of options on the left of window and choose "mount EFI. The bottom of window should show the EFI partitiions, select the one you want to open.

A folder EFI will appear on desktop open it and drag the config.plist to desktop, now close clover configurator.. Now you have a spare, right click on config.plist in clover folder and select clover configurator. Now you can edit and if need be replace with the original on desktop (spare).

no i didn't my whole point was that my gtx 1080ti performers better on the intel machine than my ryzen. the intel processor is kinda old so the fps might be lower lol and no i haven't it's an easy fix

no i haven't i'll try when i get home! did you see my videos ? lol the intel one performed better than my ryzen i really want to find out why that i5 is old

I have better graphic results with Ryzen at 3 Ghz than my old i7 3930k at 3.8 Ghz  :hysterical:

Ryzen, HD 7950= 115 fps Win10 // 85 fps Mavericks and 75 fps Sierra // El Capitan and Yosemite= 85 fps

I have better graphic results with Ryzen at 3 Ghz than my old i7 3930k at 3.8 Ghz :hysterical:

Ryzen, HD 7950= 115 fps Win10 // 85 fps Maveriks and 75 fps Sierra // El Capitan and Yosemite= 85 fps

that's what i'm trying to find out. for some reason my gtx 1080ti is not performing well on my ryzen build. i get about 45fps on cinebench. i tried my gtx 1080 ti on a intel build and it got 60 fps on cinebench not sure what the issue is. cpu test in ryzen are good

I have better graphic results with Ryzen at 3 Ghz than my old i7 3930k at 3.8 Ghz  :hysterical:

Ryzen, HD 7950= 115 fps Win10 // 85 fps Maveriks and 75 fps Sierra // El Capitan and Yosemite= 85 fps

Try it with Nvidia 10x0 series? The 7950 is no longer on store shelves for purchase. R9 280 also gone.

@Bbmatias3

Sorry I didn't reply earlier to your messages. I have been working all day.

Yes I saw your videos, I see that even on Intel the geekbench opengl won't work. Something's wrong with our configurations, I believe the GPU multiplier is being capped for openGL processes. That's why when i increase the BCLK it gets a little better. I already did everything that sir gigamaxx I'll keep searching and trying different things and report back if I make any progress.

@Bbmatias3

Sorry I didn't reply earlier to your messages. I have been working all day.

Yes I saw your videos, I see that even on Intel the geekbench opengl won't work. Something's wrong with our configurations, I believe the GPU multiplier is being capped for openGL processes. That's why when i increase the BCLK it gets a little better. I already did everything that sir gigamaxx I'll keep searching and trying different things and report back if I make any progress.

i think geekbench sucks lol on intel i was able to open heaven benchmark something i cannot do on my ryzen build.

Try it with Nvidia 10x0 series? The 7950 is no longer on store shelves for purchase. R9 280 also gone.

It is better an old GPU that works well than a recent GPU that works badly or not at all.

That being said, nV has always had poor OpenGL results on macOS, this is not a big news, my latest GTX 950 was 55 fps, OpenGL and cinebench are a reliable criterion for meusure, there is plenty of other Tests to check the status of a GPU.

You have GFX OpenGL, you have Geek3D and the test cuda.

Cinebench is not representative.

OK ?  ;)

http://www.geeks3d.com/gputest/

can you guide me where to go? no sure how to get chameleon

@Gigamaxx you think chameleon boot loader would increase performance?

no, just difference, If the problem persists, it is likely that it comes from the kernel, I still have a lower OpenGL performance (10 fps)

can you guide me where to go? no sure how to get chameleon @Gigamaxx you think chameleon boot loader would increase performance?

Go back to beginning of the help thread and follow along, I left a guide somewhere with essentials. It may work my RX 480 runs OpenGL pretty well with chameleon however those that tried to get Nvidia 10x0 cards working were unable to load web drivers. One user claimed to have used the most recent version of Enoch and combined it with Bronya's boot and other files and it worked with web drivers.

• Like 2