Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

Hello guys! 

New here, I am going to try to install Hackintosh to my Ryzen + 1080Ti.. wish me luck, I will be probably quickly back here asking for help :D

Anyway, thanks a lot for all contributors to this projects! BTC Donation address would be good idea :) If I can make this working, I will gladly donate to further development!

@CEGOCAP thank you just updated to beta bios and will try the settings you mentioned @Gigamaxx i tried everything they just refuse to do the test. Any suggestions there is something holding back my card with opengl.  [/size]

Do you have another HDD or SSD to install a fresh copy? Maybe starting over from scratch will help, sometimes if one thing goes wrong it can hamper the entire build. If a kext is edited and kext wizzard is not used or fails to repair permissions it can shut down the kext and not allow it to work. I would try a fresh USB to final install.

@Gigamaxx okay i'll try thanks for your help! i've been installing in a 4tb hard drive maybe that's why lol

Is it HDD? Yes if you can get a SSD it is twice as fast, maybe it will help. I hope you can get it optimized I know it's not easy to get these cards working.

@Gigamaxx i will try ssd. i noticed that not a lot of people are using 10xx cards with hackingtosh specially the card i have. i have access to a gtx 970 i'll try to see if it's my card and try to narrow the issue.

@Gigamaxx i will try ssd. i noticed that not a lot of people are using 10xx cards with hackingtosh specially the card i have. i have access to a gtx 970 i'll try to see if it's my card and try to narrow the issue.

I have a 980ti and I'm also getting low scores on Cinebench OpenGL (~55 FPS).

With this card ,on windows I get ~115 so something's off.

You should be getting waaaay more than me with your 1080ti card.

Any discoveries you may want me to try on my end?

@samaelestevez i haven't found a solution yet i will try to re install everything and provide feed back one i do.

you were just able to install the web drivers normal?

this might sounds silly and i apologize in advance but do you think we are getting these performance issues because we're using ryzen? i've looked around other forums as well and it seems people with intel don't have those issue??? their cards run fine

I have a 980ti and I'm also getting low scores on Cinebench OpenGL (~25 FPS). With this card I should be getting more FPS. You should be getting waaaay more than me with your pascal card.

Any discoveries you may want me to try on my end?

I would search this site and google the Web Drivers and installation methods.      I have read ever since the drivers came out about great success and great disappointment.    I t can be done on Intel systems it should be working for risen with Clover as well.      The only thing I can think of is a possible bug in either Clover, the Kernel, or AM4 Bios that is not allowing the Web Drivers to function properly.     Maybe try enable wake on Lan and Network stack enable in bios?

I just thought of another possibility, do you guys have 16 pice lanes showing in about this Mac?     Because I use a helper card gt210 for my RX 480 I only get 8 pie lanes for the card.   It lowers my performance by 15-20% but not 50%.    The arrangement of you PCIe slots on AM4 boards can make a difference, I had an issue with wifi until I moved it to another PCIe 2.0 slot.     Try the card in another slot, its quick way to see if anything changes.

Sorry, this is all I got for now, keep us posted there has to be a solution.

@bbmatias3

I read earlier here the recommendation to reinstall everything and I went ahead and reinstalled from scratch and also added kexts and drivers one by one just so I can get sierra working with minimal modifications from vanilla macOS and yet the opengl stuff still is low.

Yes I just installed the drivers from the web and the card worked right away.

In regards to the low scores being linked to ryzen, I believe so, I had this card with an Intel z170 motherboard and a 6700k and everything was running fine.

My video card slowness is so bad that it shows while using the dock and closing and opening windows. It is not 100% smooth.

@bbmatias3

I read earlier here the recommendation to reinstall everything and I went ahead and reinstalled from scratch and also added kexts and drivers one by one just so I can get sierra working with minimal modifications from vanilla macOS and yet the opengl stuff still is low.

In regards to the low scores being linked to ryzen, I believe so, I had this card with an Intel z170 motherboard and a 6700k and everything was running fine.

My video card slowness is so bad that it shows while using the dock and closing and opening windows. It is not 100% smooth.

Thanks for reinstalling fresh, this eliminates that as a reason, for the most part.    Try different PCIe slots?

@bbmatias3

Note - "My video card slowness is so bad that it shows while using the dock and closing and opening windows. It is not 100% smooth."

​This is not necessarily related to the card being "slow". If you boot a brand new MacPro in Safe Mode, minimal drivers are loaded, things like smoothing etc. are disabled, and the OS is essentially running in limp mode. I have seen this before on actual Apple hardware, so there is a chance this is related to something other than the GPU or web drivers.

• Like 1

Note - "My video card slowness is so bad that it shows while using the dock and closing and opening windows. It is not 100% smooth."

​This is not necessarily related to the card being "slow". If you boot a brand new MacPro in Safe Mode, minimal drivers are loaded, things like smoothing etc. are disabled, and the OS is essentially running in limp mode. I have seen this before on actual Apple hardware, so there is a chance this is related to something other than the GPU or web drivers.

Post some IOreg zips.   Download IORegistry Explorer, it free.

Gigamaxx’s Mac Pro Ryzen IOReg..zip

• Like 1

I've seen it too, I know what you mean, that is the way it is when the video drivers are not loaded so the system runs on fumes (for lack of a better layman's term).

This one is not like that, this one is smooth, like 98% smooth, just not 100%, you know what I mean?

• Like 1

I've seen it too, I know what you mean, that is the way it is when the video drivers are not loaded so the system runs on fumes (for lack of a better layman's term).

This one is not like that, this one is smooth, like 98% smooth, just not 100%, you know what I mean?

Interesting, glad you knew what I was talking about at least :) 

I'm in the process of a fresh install right now to try to get my 1070 working, so I'll let you know what I find, if anything

On my fresh install I am now getting line of code in verbose start that says "Architecture not recognized" and a crash soon after. I haven't done anything differently than in the past however 

@Gigamaxx

I can't thank you enough for all your hard work putting this foolproof guide together for us blue-collared folks. It takes a special kind of person to take some of their time to help others.

In regards to this little issue, see attached "System Report" snapshot, it shows x16. I'll keep trying the other BIOS stuff you recommended.

Also find attached the ioReg file.

I hope you and your wisdom can help us solve this. Thanks in advance.

Samael’s iMac.zip

post-1064113-0-17498000-1498000860_thumb.jpeg

@motoxnate never heard back from you lol were you able to install web drivers? performance???

Computer has not booted since we last spoke :( I am trying a fresh install right now but even the fresh install refuses to boot, throwing Unrecgonized Architecture errors. Not really sure what has happened

Interesting, glad you knew what I was talking about at least :)

I'm in the process of a fresh install right now to try to get my 1070 working, so I'll let you know what I find, if anything

On my fresh install I am now getting line of code in verbose start that says "Architecture not recognized" and a crash soon after. I haven't done anything differently than in the past however

Did you already swap the kernel and prelinked files in /system/lybrary/kernels and /system/library/prelinkedkernels?

I mean on your new installation, not on the installation USB.

So after long hours of trying (my first hackintosh attemp ever) I have OSX that boots, loads etc, but I have many problems over there :D

Most noticeable is, I cannot get my 1080Ti to work. I think it is because nVidia did not realsed yet drivers for 10.12.5 and everything I download from nVidia fails to install. It either says wrong version or so, or at the end at "validation" it says installation failed..

Beside of that, I have same problem with audio driver (also cannot install).

Any ideas? Anyone here with 10.12.5 and with 10X nVidia cards running?

Thx

Did you already swap the kernel and prelinked files in /system/lybrary/kernels and /system/library/prelinkedkernels?

I mean on your new installation, not on the installation USB.

Yes I did. I'm going to try this again though

@bbmatias3 @Gigamaxx

I think I found the cause of the low OpenGL scores (At least I think I know where it's coming from)

(I had to correct my previous post, i made a mistake of reporting "~25" when i actually meant to say ~55 FPS)

Anyways, that's what I was getting, 55 FPS on average, i tinkered with the BCLK of the motherboard and got this:

BCLK = 115mhz = ~60-62 FPS

BCLK = 120mhz = ~65-66 FPS (see attached)

@bbmatias3, how many FPS are you getting on CB15?

I can't keep going up because it won't boot properly.

post-1064113-0-94772400-1498007691_thumb.jpeg