Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

the fake i'd should be the first option in the graphics menu in clover before you boot along with nvidia web. you might not see the first option because the clover logo might be covering it. if it doesn't work try again with just nvidia web. i think is doing that because you installed cuda. that's after you do the web drivers

what definition are you using for your hackingtosh?? imac? not all models acre compatible that's why i needed to change mine. it was 6,2 or something like that and i changed it to 14,2

• Like 1

For setting your clock speed.    There are 3 things to look at or adjust.     First is your Bios you need to make certain that whatever you set in clover is what you really have set in bios.    Bios=3.0GHz then Clover=3.0Ghz is correct setting.    If Bios and CPU is set for example 3.4GHz then set clover at 3.4Ghz.

There are 2 ways to set CPU frequency in Clover.    One is for a permanent setting #2 and the other is for an adjustable settings made easy #1.    You should use one method or the other but not both.  If you have settings for 2 different frequencies it could cause problems.

1).   If you want to overclock or adjust CPU frequency often then using busratio=xx is a good method.   It allows you to Start computer hold delete key go to Bios set CPU frequency hit exit.    At clover screen use option and set busratio=xx value equal to bios setting, hit enter and you have proper GHz settings.    These settings are set in Boot section of Clover Configurator.   Auto kernel does not require fsi=100MHz or setting "bus speed MHz" in clover.   You can but its not necessary with Auto 16.5 kernel, with other kernels in chameleon maybe, but not for clover.   This method gives you easy access to your CPU frequency settings.   If you use this do not use CPU settings below for permanent settings.    

2).   If you want to set your CPU settings permanently then use the clover "bus speed MHz" and CPU frequency selections in Clover CPU section.    First set CPU frequency in Bios settings, then set these values.    After setting these values remove the busratio=xx in boot arg.    You want to use one or the other methods but not both.   Setting these values in config.plist using Clover Configurator means that if you want to change the CPU frequency you must first mount EFi and edit your config.plist then restart and set bios to match the edit.    It requires the system to be booted to set values so overclocking and changing CPU frequencies is not done on the fly like the busratio=xx method.

So, if you want to set your CPU frequency at a value permanently then use CPU settings in Clover, if you want to adjust frequencies or test overclocking the busratio=xx method will make more sense.    

post-1753549-0-98779800-1497752500_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-54428800-1497752548_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-36043400-1497752575_thumb.png

the fake i'd should be the first option in the graphics menu in clover before you boot along with nvidia web. you might not see the first option because the clover logo might be covering it. if it doesn't work try again with just nvidia web. i think is doing that because you installed cuda. that's after you do the web drivers

what definition are you using for your hackingtosh?? imac? not all models acre compatible that's why i needed to change mine. it was 6,2 or something like that and i changed it to 14,2

Good to know, I think I am using the MacPro 6,1 which would explain why it's not working. That computer doesn't have an interchangeable GPU. I will try it with iMac 14,2 or Mac Pro 3,1 (interchangeable GPU).

I also may have to manually remove Cuda if that is causing an issue.

Thanks for all your help! I hope it helps others as well. I will report back after I try this tomorrow evening!

@motoxnate no problem let me know if you need anymore help. i would boot using inject nvidia then change my definition in your config.plist using clover configuration to imac 14,2. try to boot again using and nvidia web and try to see if that fixes things if not you might have to manually remove cuda and reinstall after you have nvidia web. in going to reinstall everything i'll try to make a youtube video

• Like 1

From what I understand reading about this is yes start boot using inject Nvidia load web drivers then remove inject Nvidia and add Web Drivers option in clover.

Usually people with problems are using both commands.   Use one then the other later but not both at same time.

• Like 1

This is what happened with me I was at 3700MHz but it crashed so I set bios to 3.0GHz and it ran benchmarks hot.    After reboot at 3.0 its back to normal.    Don't tell Papircul, lol!

I believe it's a temperature sensor driver issue. The machine, for some reason believes it is overheating and throttles back the CPU hugely. So what one sees as the CPU maxing out on kern.task is real but in fact the CPU is only running at a fraction of it's full potential.

@Gigamaxx if you have time can you check out this video i made maybe you can see why my graphics card is not performing well.

i cannot select opencl on geek bench and cinebench opengl my card works i just fee it's being throttled

@Gigamaxx if you have time can you check out this video i made maybe you can see why my graphics card is not performing well.

i cannot select opencl on geek bench and cinebench opengl my card works i just fee it's being throttled

That definitely is low, when booted to windows I got 88FPS with a GTX1070

i wil test it asap , thanks !

Edit:

3 restarts and all is ok !!!

about the usb bluetooth. if you use the genericusbxhci the usb devices its not listed in about this Mac, and I don't know how the osx handle that about the bluetooth. the only way that my usb bluetooth works. its delete the geneticusbxhci an let handle the usb whit the original appleusbxhci. but only function the usb 3.0. if someone here can repair the usb whit dsdt edition (im so noob for that) or something like that can be awesome. (sorry for my bad English)

• Like 2

That definitely is low, when booted to windows I got 88FPS with a GTX1070

@Gigamaxx what do you think it is? :(

@CEGOCAP this works for me out of box no need to do anything

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009ZIILLI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497884207&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=plugable+usb+bluetooth+4.0+low+energy+micro+adapter

You are in Sierra right? I see the Yosemite backdrop.

Can you run Geekbench CPU test?

Try using force quit (above shut down and sleep) and close down all apps before running Geekbench. It also requires internet connection to complete its cycle.

Speaking of Internet, what kind of speed do you have, could internet speed play a role, "web drivers"?

Try Uningine benchmarks Valley and Heaven they are OpenGL apps. See if they work.

Are you logged in with a google account, or the app.store? I've had to do this to get Unigine running in the past, it did the same thing it loaded up and then dropped.

yes sierra 10.12.5- yes i can run geekbench cpu test. i tried running each program that i mentioned without having anything else open and i'm not logged into google or appstore. my internet is pretty fast. i'll try the other benchmarks you told me i'll report back

• Like 1

Hello again friends, sorry I have been afk and not updated my situation with NVIDIA drivers yet, I was away this weekend. I will update tonight.

I would also like to ask, has anyone gotten an M.2 NVME drive working? I purchased a 500GB NVME (for all my video work) which I have in my hack, but it doesn't show up. I remember reading something about needing drivers, because only some newer MacBook Pros and MacPros are compatible with M.2 drives. I have my M.2 plugged directly into the NVMe slot on my ASUS x370 pro.

Hello again friends, sorry I have been afk and not updated my situation with NVIDIA drivers yet, I was away this weekend. I will update tonight.

I would also like to ask, has anyone gotten an M.2 NVME drive working? I purchased a 500GB NVME (for all my video work) which I have in my hack, but it doesn't show up. I remember reading something about needing drivers, because only some newer MacBook Pros and MacPros are compatible with M.2 drives. I have my M.2 plugged directly into the NVMe slot on my ASUS x370 pro.

Nvme drives are hit and miss (brand compatibility) check out rehabmans fixes pciidkexts for enabling nvme drives. Even Intel folks have the same issues in hackintosh.

• Like 1

about the usb bluetooth. if you use the genericusbxhci the usb devices its not listed in about this Mac, and I don't know how the osx handle that about the bluetooth. the only way that my usb bluetooth works. its delete the geneticusbxhci an let handle the usb whit the original appleusbxhci. but only function the usb 3.0. if someone here can repair the usb whit dsdt edition (im so noob for that) or something like that can be awesome. (sorry for my bad English)

Yes ! if i boot without the genericusbxhci , i lost almost all usb ports , but it appears in about this mac.

pdt: the kernel_task excessive consumption disappear !! Thanks.

• Like 1

@CEGOCAP what bios setting are you using? any issues with your graphics card? i posted a video but haven't found a solution i have a msi mobo as well

My board its a MSI b350m mortar. And the BIOS is the v1.54 beta agesa 1006. I do not have any issues whit The graphic card because its an 660 ti and work oob.

Hi, I'm amazed by how well this kernel works. I only have a few small issues (they might be related):

1. Is there any way to make this kernel recognize the Ryzen 7 8 cores 16 threads? Mine shows 16 cores 16 threads.

2. When i run a Windows virtual machine, doesn't matter how many processors i set for it on parallels it, it only runs 1 core 1 thread. Anybody else experiencing this?

3. If I map a remote drive, it only reads from it, if i try to write it drops the Ethernet connection completely and I have to restart to regain access. I have Crosshair 6 Hero motherboard, so Intel Lan i211.

Thanks to all the guys who worked on this wonderful kernels and bootloaders. Kudos.