Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

Yes, everything verbose happens as it should. Pretty colors happens when I type exit. File system mounts, I exit successfully. This problem happens during the actual main boot process.

I changed ncpi from 3000 to 2000 ( even though I'm running an SSD.) I'm getting a working cursor, an apple logo, and a stuck loading bar.

I'm stuck at 1:47 of this video. The grey screen before it has the working cursor. I've tried some key combinations to try and get into a terminal or something (like ctrl+alt+ f2) but no dice.

I decided to redo everything and I'm running into the same problem. Will keep trying .... @Gigmaxxx do you think it has to do something with being 10.12.6 ??? I get passed the text. goes into black screen and loading bar with apple logo won't proceed? I will report back

I never had any problem with 12.5 and now you can only download 10.12.6 so hopefully we can figure it out.... maybe that's why people have been having issues

I tired making a copy using my intel dell but for some reason on every install the system folder is missing so I can't make the disk edits

I decided to redo everything and I'm running into the same problem. Will keep trying .... @Gigmaxxx do you think it has to do something with being 10.12.6 ??? I get passed the text. goes into black screen and loading bar with apple logo won't proceed? I will report back

I never had any problem with 12.5 and now you can only download 10.12.6 so hopefully we can figure it out.... maybe that's why people have been having issues

I tired making a copy using my intel dell but for some reason on every install the system folder is missing so I can't make the disk edits

Have you tried using clover 4114?

Bronya worked with Slice and apianti and they added everything to this version. Instead of using the 4770 try the new version just add the kexts folder and config.plist.

I was having no problem using the beta 12.6 versions and papiercul has posts using it as well. Another thing to check is the outputs try different ports on the video card to see if there is signal.

Have you tried using clover 4114?

Bronya worked with Slice and apianti and they added everything to this version. Instead of using the 4770 try the new version just add the kexts folder and config.plist.

I was having no problem using the beta 12.6 versions and papiercul has posts using it as well. Another thing to check is the outputs try different ports on the video card to see if there is signal.

I am moving my working install to a 500GB SSD, so I'll try updating to 12.6 and using clover 4114 in this process and report back.

• Like 1

Okay will try that asap. The problem isn't the graphics card it's just that it gets stuck. I get the colored text everything runs good then when it's about to hit the installer it loads the apple logo with the bar and gets stuck. Nothing happens from here

I'm thinking updating to 10.12.6 should be ok

Fresh install of 10.12.6 might be an issue I'll try again

@Gigamaxx how do you enable rx 480 in 10.12.6? Do I still need a helper card?? I'm able to boot only with the rx card low resolution only....

Okay guys so I tried making the USB for Mac OS sierra 10.12.6 and it could NOT get to the installation screen... I have tired to different USB and still no luck. I was able to do it for 10.12.5 without any issues so I'm not sure what the issue is.

(I made it work you need a working hackintosh intel to do this

Also a USB 3.0 to sata dock station)

This is what I did to make it work.....with a intel working hackintosh I created a bootable USB (intel , via x86tony guide) I turned off my machine, then I plugged in my USB to my intel machine dell optiplex via sata (or you can use external connector) I removed my hard drive that was on there and plugged in the one I was going to use for my ryzen build. I let the USB boot and go to some setting and then it starts to install Mac OS 10.12.6...(it's super easy to install Mac on intel machine) once it's done I remove the hard drive and boot up my hackintosh. I plug in my ryzen hard drive (via 3.0 USB to sata dock) and make the disk edits. System library extensions , frameworks ,kernel and pre kernel that's it. The I mounted my EFI from my ryzen hard drive and drag the EFI folder from the ryzen essentials . Just kext wizard and that's it!! I plugged my hard drive to my ryzen machine it took couple tries too boot(kept giving me the prohibited sign) then it booted into Mac OS 10.12.6

So basically your making an intel Mac OS hard drive , just do the disk edits to make it work on ryzen.

The only issue I encounter was the system folder was not showing up if you need help with that you can ask me

If you have a original Mac there is a few post how to do it. Download Mac OS sierra open installer, select destination where you want to install, once is done it will reboot and install it on the drive you choose. Then do disk edits

@Gigamaxx how do you enable rx 480 in 10.12.6? Do I still need a helper card?? I'm able to boot only with the rx card low resolution only....

Okay guys so I tried making the USB for Mac OS sierra 10.12.6 and it could NOT get to the installation screen... I have tired to different USB and still no luck. I was able to do it for 10.12.5 without any issues so I'm not sure what the issue is.

(I made it work you need a working hackintosh intel to do this

Also a USB 3.0 to sata dock station)

This is what I did to make it work.....with a intel working hackintosh I created a bootable USB (intel , via x86tony guide) I turned off my machine, then I plugged in my USB to my intel machine dell optiplex via sata (or you can use external connector) I removed my hard drive that was on there and plugged in the one I was going to use for my ryzen build. I let the USB boot and go to some setting and then it starts to install Mac OS 10.12.6...(it's super easy to install Mac on intel machine) once it's done I remove the hard drive and boot up my hackintosh. I plug in my ryzen hard drive and make the disk edits. System library extensions , frameworks ,kernel and pre kernel that's it. The I mounted my EFI from my ryzen hard drive and drag the EFI folder from the ryzen essentials . Just kext wizard and that's it!! I plugged my hard drive to my ryzen machine it took couple tries too boot(kept giving me the prohibited sign) then it booted into Mac OS 10.12.6

So basically your making an intel Mac OS hard drive , just do the disk edits to make it work on ryzen.

If you have a original Mac there is a few post how to do it. Download Mac OS sierra open installer, select destination where you want to install, once is done it will reboot and install it on the drive you choose. Then do disk edits

If the RX480 has the same issue my Fury X has (boot to black screen) , then you need a helper card. You can use your "El Cheapo" GT210 for that.

Flash your RX480 with an UEFI BIOS from techpowerup vgabios database and turn CSM-ON in your motherboard. The boot up process will output through your "El Cheapo" card using legacy BIOS and when it boots to macOS it will turn OFF "El Cheapo" and turn ON the RX-480.

I hope this helps.

If the RX480 has the same issue my Fury X has (boot to black screen) , then you need a helper card. You can use your "El Cheapo" GT210 for that.

Flash your RX480 with an UEFI BIOS from techpowerup vgabios database and turn CSM-ON in your motherboard. The boot up process will output through your "El Cheapo" card using legacy BIOS and when it boots to macOS it will turn OFF "El Cheapo" and turn ON the RX-480.

I hope this helps.

Are you on 10.12.6?? Im able to boot boot with both cards installed... or just my rx 480. But I don't get black screen I get low resolution and 1mb of video ram under about this mac

• Like 1

Just in case this helps clarify anything: I just cloned my working copy of 10.12.5 to a new SSD, but used Clover 4114 instead of 4077. I copied my clover folder over from the old EFI partition and all is working well on the new SSD. Booted right up and now I'm working on migrating over my data :)

• Like 1

Just in case this helps clarify anything: I just cloned my working copy of 10.12.5 to a new SSD, but used Clover 4114 instead of 4077. I copied my clover folder over from the old EFI partition and all is working well on the new SSD. Booted right up and now I'm working on migrating over my data :)

Nice! I'm still able to use 4077 on my ryzen disk 10.12.6

Not installer though

So if it's not black screen then try faking the Device ID using clover or editing the AMD kext.

Okay thanks!!!

@Gigamaxx I was able to boot my rx 480... I have to boot via helper card(hdmi). My display port is connected to my rx 480. So it boots up from my helper card it won't switch automatically, it boots using the helper card so I have to disconnect the hdmi and switch my monitor to display port and it works that way... any fix? Unplugging each time is a mission lol

@Gigamaxx I was able to boot my rx 480... I have to boot via helper card(hdmi). My display port is connected to my rx 480. So it boots up from my helper card it won't switch automatically, it boots using the helper card so I have to disconnect the hdmi and switch my monitor to display port and it works that way... any fix? Unplugging each time is a mission lol

I use VGA for helper card, and hdmi for RX. The VGA drops out and the HDMI takes over at boot. Using HDMI on helper card keeps it active after boot. do you have a vga or dvi d cable or adapter?

I use dual link setting =1 a vga cable to igpu, hdmi to RX on one monitor with no problems.

Where is dual link settings? My monitor only has hdmi or display port. I'm thinking a vga to hdmi should do the trick and have my display port to my rx

@bbmatias3 I just received my R9 280x today but when I boot the screen just goes black at the end.. The computer is booted it stays on and I can see the light on the mouse working still but the screen goes black.

I am using Inject ATI, is there anything else I have to do for the R9?

Nevermind.. Works perfectly oob without Inject ATI xD

@bbmatias3 I just received my R9 280x today but when I boot the screen just goes black at the end.. The computer is booted it stays on and I can see the light on the mouse working still but the screen goes black.

I am using Inject ATI, is there anything else I have to do for the R9?

Nevermind.. Works perfectly oob without Inject ATI xD

R9 280x works right out of the box. No drivers  patching needed . Maybe try removing the ATI injection from clover.

• Like 1