Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

I have been trying to get it to run with a 210 (which recognizes in windows as a 8600 Gs and is not even able to display the bios let alone run anything else) gives me a message at the end application at bay 3 is not a hub multiple times with variations with the numbers at the beginning of the lines, and am not sure what I am doing wrong, as I have been able to get the system to get to the apple logo before but have never seen this error before. I am not sure what I did wrong here.

I have been trying to get it to run with a 210 (which recognizes in windows as a 8600 Gs and is not even able to display the bios let alone run anything else) gives me a message at the end application at bay 3 is not a hub multiple times with variations with the numbers at the beginning of the lines, and am not sure what I am doing wrong, as I have been able to get the system to get to the apple logo before but have never seen this error before. I am not sure what I did wrong here.

Try moving the card to other slot, do you have any other PCI devices? Sometimes the placement of these effects the pci lanes.

210 might be just for a helper card. I'm sure it might not be supported by Mac OS. I'm not sure where it's went wrong but you just need to use those 5 options and your graphic setting like I mentioned. If not you might want to try the cloning method mentioned in previous post. I have a gtx 1080ti and I can boot installer just use inject nvidia and fake edid

I can't boot with gt 210 it gets native support and drivers. It should not be the card, but more likely configuration.

Remove windows disk. Reboot.

At apple menu, scroll to the first option on bottom row driversefi? Hit space bar then type without "" marks, "bcfg boot dump" then hit enter, it should show boot options, type in "bcfg boot rm 00" hit enter and repeat a few times then enter the " bcfg boot dump" again. Continue until there are a few options that won't go away, These are hard drives. Type "exit" and then restart system and hold delete button to enter bios. Go to boot options and select the proper disk.

Hey it turns out you can boot with a gt210. @Gigamaxx I'm trying to boot a rx 480 with a helper card but once it loads it boots up using the gt210. Is there extra steps I need to do to enable the rx 480?

I'm in 10.12.5 it is safe to update to 10.12.6 ???

I'm currently using smbios 6,2

I saw a post where you mentioned that 10.12.6 was easier with smbios 14,2 and higher

Thanks for your help

post-1941593-0-21011000-1500848777_thumb.jpg

post-1941593-0-08030500-1500848803_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone, new here. Im getting a Sierra Ryzen system going with the following specs:

AsRock AB350 Pro4  

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 

16GB 3200Mhz Corsair Vengeance  

PNY GTX 660Ti 

2 x 250GB Samsung Evo 850 

Fractal case 

EVGA 650W Gold 

beQuiet 150W TDP air cooler

I am stuck: 

Ive created the Pandora installer with custom kernel successfully and selected "Install Clover". The problem is I cannot select the box that says "Use the ESP as target". It is greyed out, and underneath it says "bsd parent of disk1s1 has no ESP to use!" 

I do see the Pandora Installer USB successfully mounted with all contents viewable. not sure why its doing this. 

What should I do?

Hey it turns out you can boot with a gt210. @Gigamaxx I'm trying to boot a rx 480 with a helper card but once it loads it boots up using the gt210. Is there extra steps I need to do to enable the rx 480?

I'm in 10.12.5 it is safe to update to 10.12.6 ???

I'm currently using smbios 6,2

I saw a post where you mentioned that 10.12.6 was easier with smbios 14,2 and higher

Thanks for your help

Update to 10.6 it has all the drivers for RX to get acceleration in 10.5 you need to make edits or fake ATI ID 0x67EF1002.   Symbios not too important for RX support, I've used Mac Mini to MacBook 8.1.     Mac Pro is good.

Hey everyone, new here. Im getting a Sierra Ryzen system going with the following specs:

AsRock AB350 Pro4  

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 

16GB 3200Mhz Corsair Vengeance  

PNY GTX 660Ti 

2 x 250GB Samsung Evo 850 

Fractal case 

EVGA 650W Gold 

beQuiet 150W TDP air cooler

I am stuck: 

Ive created the Pandora installer with custom kernel successfully and selected "Install Clover". The problem is I cannot select the box that says "Use the ESP as target". It is greyed out, and underneath it says "bsd parent of disk1s1 has no ESP to use!" 

I do see the Pandora Installer USB successfully mounted with all contents viewable. not sure why its doing this. 

What should I do?

Don't worry about the ESP option for now, I need to edit it because after you load it with or without ESP you change it with the new EFI files.   

When I update to 10.12.6 I just need to replace files like in the tutorial? Or fresh install??

"The are no Merge options though, only replace" what did you mean by this? I can just manually update and replace all the files that said replace in the tutorial no merging of any kind?

210 might be just for a helper card. I'm sure it might not be supported by Mac OS. I'm not sure where it's went wrong but you just need to use those 5 options and your graphic setting like I mentioned. If not you might want to try the cloning method mentioned in previous post. I have a gtx 1080ti and I can boot installer just use inject nvidia and fake edid

Try moving the card to other slot, do you have any other PCI devices? Sometimes the placement of these effects the pci lanes.

I can't boot with gt 210 it gets native support and drivers. It should not be the card, but more likely configuration.

Remove windows disk. Reboot.

At apple menu, scroll to the first option on bottom row driversefi? Hit space bar then type without "" marks, "bcfg boot dump" then hit enter, it should show boot options, type in "bcfg boot rm 00" hit enter and repeat a few times then enter the " bcfg boot dump" again. Continue until there are a few options that won't go away, These are hard drives. Type "exit" and then restart system and hold delete button to enter bios. Go to boot options and select the proper disk.

I have not been able to boot and I think I might have a non-working/compatible card as the card is not even able to boot to the bios when it is the top slot and thus I have to boot from the 1070. I probably have to get another card as this one does not seem to able to run anything? My motherboard is ASRock Fatal1ty pro gaming. 

Also I am not even able to get to the point in the Apple menu where I can type the proper words so should I change anything or redo the installation disk?

So do I need to get another 210 as it does not work.

Thanks

I have not been able to boot and I think I might have a non-working/compatible card as the card is not even able to boot to the bios when it is the top slot and thus I have to boot from the 1070. I probably have to get another card as this one does not seem to able to run anything? My motherboard is ASRock Fatal1ty pro gaming.

Also I am not even able to get to the point in the Apple menu where I can type the proper words so should I change anything or redo the installation disk?

Thanks

I bought a gt210 and it works. I have a msi mobo. What issue are you getting specifically?? The gt210 is in the slot closes to the CPU. Don't plug in both....

When I update to 10.12.6 I just need to replace files like in the tutorial? Or fresh install??

Try the fake ID first.   Then just update and do the edits again.   It should work on a clone.    

If you want to do the Manual edits in 10.5 its easy, and will be quicker.    Post a screenshot of S/L/Extensions with the AMD kexts see pic.

Thanks

Is only the Gt210 installed?   Did you try with only the GT210?   If so and you can't get to Clover boot screen then yes switch it.   

post-1753549-0-34986400-1500864698_thumb.png

Is only the Gt210 installed?   Did you try with only the GT210?   If so and you can't get to Clover boot screen then yes switch it.   

If I only use the GT210 then nothing appears on the screen and my display reads no signal ( so that is why I think either the motherboard does not support the card or the card is not working).

If I only use the GT210 then nothing appears on the screen and my display reads no signal ( so that is why I think either the motherboard does not support the card or the card is not working).

Probably the card.

**Edit** I was able to get it working through some easy google searching!

So I have no idea what I actually did, but I got it to load finally!!!

Specs:

Ryzen 7 1800x

Crosshair VI Hero Motherboard

Zotac Geforce GTX 1080Ti

Only Problem is that now I don't have working ethernet or audio.

Ethernet was working when I first booted in but now is not working and I don't know what I did differently...

I don't know if audio ever worked.

Okay, so I feel like I made some great progress tonight but have run into a roadblock. I get all the way to mounting and checking the file system (fsck). When I type exit, it shows MacOS kernel version, uptime in nanoseconds, etc... and at the end it either says:

Waiting for remote debugger connection.

kdp_poll:no debugger device

Or it looks like the verbose text loads through to the end (with quick flash of red text). At this point the apple logo and loading bar is supposed to come up. But instead, the screen just goes sleep because the video signal just stops. I've let it sit for awhile, tried a GT610 m, GTX 660 Ti, and an old ATI 5 series card... tried different graphics boot flags and still same issues. It seems like it want to boot, but just goes straight to sleep or something. Maybe a different video card?

Final Updates on the system:

Specs:

Ryzen 7 1800x 4.1GHz OC

Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero

Zotac GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000 MHz (14,14,14,14,34 timings) . **EDIT: RAM speed actually 2933 with OC Profile that I am using. Sorry for misleading information.**

Everything works pretty well. Was able to get booted into macOS without any helper card or anything like that.

Weird items include having to be connected ONLY through HDMI to get it to boot. Once booted I can use my two displayport attached monitors without issue. Also front USB 2.0 not working but I think I just need to find the right kext file for that.

As everyone has previously stated, OpenGL scores are quite disappointing, but the CPU test scores on CB are almost as good as my windows scores. See attached screenshots for reference.

Thank you to EVERYONE who has contributed on this forum for advice! I was determined to get it working and because of you I was able to do so!!!

post-2190016-0-41144100-1500904210_thumb.png

• Like 4

Okay, so I feel like I made some great progress tonight but have run into a roadblock. I get all the way to mounting and checking the file system (fsck). When I type exit, it shows MacOS kernel version, uptime in nanoseconds, etc... and at the end it either says:

Waiting for remote debugger connection.

kdp_poll:no debugger device

Or it looks like the verbose text loads through to the end (with quick flash of red text). At this point the apple logo and loading bar is supposed to come up. But instead, the screen just goes sleep because the video signal just stops. I've let it sit for awhile, tried a GT610 m, GTX 660 Ti, and an old ATI 5 series card... tried different graphics boot flags and still same issues. It seems like it want to boot, but just goes straight to sleep or something. Maybe a different video card?

Seems like your getting close.. did you use correct settings for graphics card and the 5 commands? If you miss one it might be causing a problem. I got that error after I was able to actually boot into Mac OS.

A reminder to all "benchmark guerrillas"!!!  :)

I see nowhere written "benchmark" in the topic title - do you??? It says: "Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra". Or does Ryzen have to be automatically associated to a benchmark??? I guess it does not.

So for the prosperity and longevity of this topic, please stay focused!  :yes:  Thank you for your understanding.  ;)

BR

fantomas1

• Like 2

Okay, so I got ahold of a Nvidia GT 220 (which im assuming is close enough to a GT 210). Im at the point where I type exit after fsck, and it actually loads the apple logo and a cursor, but the loading bar is stuck at about 5%. Since there is no Verbose at this point, Im not sure where to go from here... I feel like Im so close!  

Noticed alot of people are getting stuck there, just before Mac OS install screen. Not too many fixes posted. Help is much appreciated! Im thinking this is something not video driver related. I actually saw the spinning beachball for a minute, and the OS X cursor before the frozen loading screen. There must be a way to turn verbose on for this portion.

Okay, so I got ahold of a Nvidia GT 220 (which im assuming is close enough to a GT 210). Im at the point where I type exit after fsck, and it actually loads the apple logo and a cursor, but the loading bar is stuck at about 5%. Since there is no Verbose at this point, Im not sure where to go from here... I feel like Im so close!  

Noticed alot of people are getting stuck there, just before Mac OS install screen. Not too many fixes posted. Help is much appreciated! Im thinking this is something not video driver related. I actually saw the spinning beachball for a minute, and the OS X cursor before the frozen loading screen. There must be a way to turn verbose on for this portion.

which id are you using ? ie: macpro 6,1 ?   did you try with nv_disabe=1   ?

Not sure which ID im using or how to change it...

It should be Mac Pro 6.1 if using the essentials package. Nv_disable=1 is added to the clover boot screen menu in boot arguments along with npci=0x3000 busratio=xx settings.

It should be Mac Pro 6.1 if using the essentials package. Nv_disable=1 is added to the clover boot screen menu in boot arguments along with npci=0x3000 busratio=xx settings.

Yep, I can confirm its Mac Pro 6,1 ... I can see it in the verbose output before it attempts to start the installer GUI.

Ive tried Nv_disable=1, set my busratio to my stock clock R7 1700 (3.0Ghz), made sure BIOS settings were good. The only setting I couldnt find in my BIOS was the EHCI Handoff. I couldnt find anything like that. XHCI is enabled however, which I believe is basically the same as enabling EHCI.

It seems like the graphics drivers work. I see the spinning beach ball and a cursor briefly before it starts the loading bar, and then it just freezes. No verbose to work with... The monitor does go to sleep eventually, and caps lock key light is responsive. So its not totally frozen. It just hangs. Ive almost given up hope.