[GUIDE] EL Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel LGA 775 motherboards / DSDT

MaLd0n
911 posts in this topic

Can anyone help me? I installed Catalina on an external ssd because when de disk is connected to the sata controller the disk did not show up in diskutility. Already added apfs.efi and hps.efi but makes no difference. i use the catalina clover folder from olarila.com as base. My mainboard is an asus p5kpl-cm with core2quad cpu q8200. videocard is msi gx710. onboard souncard working with the help of voodoo 2.9.2. onboard lan working with AttansicL1Eethernet.kext.  Works good but i preffer the use of the internal Satacontroller connection. Suggestions?

I' m on a P5VM SE and I had no option for Ahci and I had the same problem with hard disks.  Then I dared and downloaded a mod bios to have the AHCI option in bios. 

It worked and the installer shows the disks. This way I could install Catalina on sata disks. Unfortunately I can' t use it since I have a 560 and I should go only with Nvidia to Vesa. I want to buy a Msi 710 2gb ddr3. The dd35 Gygabyte 710 doesn' t work. Amazon stopped service for non essential goods yesterday in Italy and we can' t go out. So I must wait. I would send you the modded bios if it helps but it' s on the pc in the office. Try tilo search on the web. If I find it I'll post it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Mr. MaLd0n,

I have a quick question regarding Catalina installation on LGA771 to LGA775 Intel Xeon E5450 your --LGA 775 (ICH7, ICH8, ICH9, ICH10) Clover folder.

Computer has following components:

GA-EP35-DS3L, Intel Xeon E5450, NVIDIA GTX 650, 2x4GB DDR2, 500GB Seagate SATA drive. 

Installation usb stick created with latest clover and Vanilla Catalina image. Clover folder is swapped with yours (LGA 775) from olarila web site.

The only additional kext I added is NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

During the all your defaults are not changed except I additionally inject nvidia web drivers (probably does not matter).

System boots, recognizes the hard drive and allows me to erase, partitioned, etc.

/dev/disk0
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *500.1 GB   disk0
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS OSx86                   350.0 GB   disk0s2
   3:       Microsoft Basic Data untitled                149.6 GB   disk0s3

But then on MacOS Utilities screen -> Install macOS ->Continue->Agree-> select disk

disk0s2 is shown, grey out and clicking on it errors out with "This version of macOS 10.15.3 cannot be installed on this computer".

Also attempted to install from terminal:

-bash-3.2# cd /

-bash-3.2# Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --volume /Volumes/OSx86

Fetching OS Recovery info from server...

Error: Prepare recovery failed with error: Domain=com.apple.OSInstallerSetup.error Code=303 "Installation of macOS could not continue." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Installation of macOS could not continue., NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Installation requires downloading important content. That content can't be downloaded at this time. Try again later.}

Can you provide any pointers/suggestions? Thanks.

Hi, I am trying to install macOS on my intel Q9650 + Maximus II Formula P45 PC.

I need to create the USB installer from Windows 10 because I don't have any mac PC. Does the guide on the first page work on Windows 10?

I would like to install High Sierra on my PC and lately I tried to install it and Sierra but anyway I get some errors during the installation and I am not ble to run to the end. 

I even tried using a Virtualbox but I am not able to install macOS even there.:rolleyes:

Thanks, I discovered that page few minutes ago, but I can't download the High Sierra Image with Drive and I even tried with torrent, but the file is not anymore available. 

How can I download the "Olarila High Sierra 2020.raw.bz2"?

EDIT: Thanks, I saw that the torrent file is available again!
Edited by Federicodrdpro

use a supported smbios, iMac13,2 for example

Used your suggestion and  I was able to start the installation, however it ended on an error message:

macOS could not be installed on your computer
The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk. : (-69793)
Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again

I rebooted, and try relaunching the install clover entry, same message...

Now clover has 4 entries instead of one: 1) macOs Install (usb key), 2)Install from HD - Data, 3) Boot recovery, 4) Boot from HD

If I try to boot from 2) Install from HD - Data, it boots all the way to apple logo , and ends up with the message "The installer resources were not found. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."

If I try to boot from 4) Boot from HD, ends up with flashing cursor in the top left corner of the screen alternating with "IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin0, llk1,

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0"

Edited by lelik67
add info

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2017 at 5:23 PM, passoporto said:

Is it possible to get native sound with AppleALC? My codec is IDT 92HD73E1X5 which isn't on the list. I've already tried some other device id's but still no go. Even just HDMI passthrough would be nice. I'm still using the GT 260 for now and here's an IO Reg. Any suggestions greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Mac Pro 001.zip

Starting where I left off, above. Trying to get Voodoohda to work with (finally!) El Cap. It works fine in OS X 10.7.5 and in the 10.11.6 system report it identifies the proper codec IDT 92HD73E and I do get some sound - but it's slow (I mean ritardando) and distorted and the volume is very low. The Subsystem Vendor ID:  0x8086 I believe is also correct. I've tried some tweaks but to no avail. Is there a tab that needs to be checked in clover to get the sound going? Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm trying to install Catalina on old machine but I always stuck at around the language selector with weird graphic issues. Sometime the selector is invisible, sometime I get through it but Apple logo is stuck in the background and cannot continue. I attached some pictures.

Gigabyte EP45-UD3
Xeon E5450 (the bios is properly patched to support the Xeon)
NVS 510 (natively supported in Catalina)

The installer does not work consistently. I get different results even if I boot with same configuration without changing anything on it.

I recreated the installer twice and checked the USB stick so I'm pretty sure there is no problem on that.

I tried different SMBIOS configs as well: Imac 10,1, 13,1, 13,2 and 14,2. None of them helped. I also tried with nv_disable=1 boot args and without the WhatEverGreen but I get same graphic issue without the HW acceleration.

Do you have any ideas?

IMG_20200719_164530.jpg

IMG_20200719_164813.jpg

efi.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,I can exactly boot into macOS Catalina 10.15.6 USB installing screen,but everytime it will auto restart on stage 1 or 2 when there r only 2 minutes left.I hv tried to change the UEFI drivers:AptioMemoryFix.efi,OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi,OsxAptioFixDrv.efi,OsxLowMemFixDrv.efi,but it doesn't work at all!Also WD 2T HD partitions can not be recognized!!Any sulutions? Could u pls help me to modify the EFI or DSDT to patch this issue?@MaLd0n,Thanks so much in advance!!

OS(Clover + GPT): Windows 10 Pro for Workstation + macOS Mojave 10.14.6 + macOS Catalina 10.15

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9650 @3 GHz

Motherboard: GA P43T S3L

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN Black 6G

HDD:WD 500G/1T/2T

RAM: 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Sound:Realtek ALC 888

Network: Realtek RTL8168D/8111D

WiFi/Bluebooth: BCM943602CS

DSDT.aml

Send me Clarences-iMac.zip

EFI.zip

Edited by HurricaneX

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have OC 0.6.3 running on a legacy (BIOS) Socket 1156 system.  I imagine that some of my OC EFI will be applicable.  I haven't spent much time trying to get BS to boot, but my system runs Catalina 10.15.7 19H15 perfectly.  Do an internet search for "Catalina on Biostar TH55HD Socket 1156 with Sapphire Pulse RX580" - my username there is deeveedee.

*** NOTE *** The OC EFI that I created was my very first after spending a few hours learning OC, so I'm very open to feedback/constructive criticism.  Also, I was only able to boot OC on my legacy system from USB (not from my SSD).  Not sure why but would love suggestions.

Edited by tonyx86

Hi there,

I am trying to update from Catalina to Big Sur but the update always fails at the panic below (finish with MACH REBOOT). I tried latest Clover and OC 6.3 and 6,4 beta but still facing the same problem. SMBIOS used : iMac14,4 + iMac Pro1,1

I even updated to Big Sur with another hack (success) but it fails to boot too in the LGA775 based computer (panic below that finish with Libm).

My specs :

P5QL PRO (ICH10 and only USB2.0 !)

X5460 mod

GTX770

8GB RAM

Is it a problem with the ICH10 ? SATA ??

Thanks for your help.

IMG_3112.jpeg

IMG_3118.png

opencore 6,4 beta.zip

Edited by CrashMidnick

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/big-sur/#supported-hardware

Certain SATA controllers dropped

• For some reason, Apple removed the AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI class from AppleAHCIPort.kext. Due to the outright removal of the class, trying to spoof to another ID (generally done by SATA-unsupported.kext) can fail for many and create instability for others.
  • A partial fix is to block Big Sur's AppleAHCIPort.kext and inject Catalina's version with any conflicting symbols being patched. You can find a sample kext here: Catalina's patched AppleAHCIPort.kext
  • This will work in both Catalina and Big Sur so you can remove SATA-unsupported if you want. However we recommend setting the MinKernel value to 20.0.0 to avoid any potential issues.
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rocky12 said:

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/big-sur/#supported-hardware

Certain SATA controllers dropped

• For some reason, Apple removed the AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI class from AppleAHCIPort.kext. Due to the outright removal of the class, trying to spoof to another ID (generally done by SATA-unsupported.kext) can fail for many and create instability for others.
  • A partial fix is to block Big Sur's AppleAHCIPort.kext and inject Catalina's version with any conflicting symbols being patched. You can find a sample kext here: Catalina's patched AppleAHCIPort.kext
  • This will work in both Catalina and Big Sur so you can remove SATA-unsupported if you want. However we recommend setting the MinKernel value to 20.0.0 to avoid any potential issues.

Thanks Rocky. However I already tried this Kext and it has no effect on my system. I think ICH10 is dead for Big Sur unless someone find a workaround. I do not even know if this is something possible.

I tried mouSSE kext as well just in case this was a problem with missing SSE4.2 instructions but no go.

• 2 weeks later...

So after 1 week of work I got it working, everything works : USB2, LAN, USB WIFI, GTX770, SATA, AUDIO, iSERVICES...

1st : update macOS from Catalina to Big Sur using another computer

2nd: use clover (OC is OK but I cannot get iServices to work and fix shutdown)

3rd: rework my config.plist + kexts

1344355166_Capturedcran2020-11-3013_34_38.png.42494378b6ff81e4d261b6a90697363a.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2020 at 5:42 AM, oSxFr33k said:

Will opencore work in any of these legacy BIOS motherboards?  I think opencore will not support any motherboard that only supports CSM?

You're wrong

It already works, not "will work"

does anybody know why sleep/wake worked perfectly from Leopard to Sierra and was broken from Hierra to Big Sur?

MB is ASUS P5E3 Premium

Edited by Rodion2010

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2021 at 6:58 PM, Rodion2010 said:

You're wrong

It already works, not "will work"

does anybody know why sleep/wake worked perfectly from Leopard to Sierra and was broken from Hierra to Big Sur?

MB is ASUS P5E3 Premium

My MB is ASUS P5Q PRO which's quite similar to yours.

Can you update to Big Sur 11.3 beta 3 ?

I have the same sleep/wake issue from High Sierra to Big Sur.

Can you share your OpenCore EFI for me ?

2 hours ago, Rodion2010 said:

EFI.zip 828.27 kB · 1 download

do you have any idea how to fix sleep?

Thanks for your prompt reply and kind help.

The S3 Sleep/Wake issue is complicated.

According to my past experience of more than 20 Hackintoshs with different CPU/GPUs it need normal power management of BIOS and Mac OS. LGA 775 hardware in ASUS P5Q PRO is quite old. My newer Hackintoshs such as Intel's X58/Z77/Z87/Z97/Z370/Z490 and AMD's FX-6300/Ryzen 1700X all work without such an issue. One older GA-965P-DS4(2.0) also works.If I find the solution I'll notify you immediately. Keep in touch ! Hope you can test Big Sur 11.3 as soon as possible because I find it can not boot well now!