[GUIDE] EL Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel LGA 775 motherboards / DSDT

MaLd0n
911 posts in this topic

Hey MaLd0n, could you help me sort this errors and enable the add audio device id for me if possible?  It's for an hp pavilion with idt 92HD66C3_65. I can't seem to get the audio working because my dsdt i extracted from clover has 3 errors.. Running 10.12.6.

DSDT.aml

9 hours ago, Blaggah said:

Hey MaLd0n, could you help me sort this errors and enable the add audio device id for me if possible?  It's for an hp pavilion with idt 92HD66C3_65. I can't seem to get the audio working because my dsdt i extracted from clover has 3 errors.. Running 10.12.6.

DSDT.aml

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2018 at 11:30 AM, andy_172 said:

Hello Mald0n,

Could you please help me with my machine? It's Asus P5KPL-AM SE with modded bios for E5450 and GeForce 240 running Mojave. Ive already patched my DSDT, but not 100% sure about patches. Actually everything seems to work fine, but sleep. I can't get it. The screen is go to sleep, HDD stop and after moment run again and after that I can't get system to work, mouse, keyboard, reset and power buttons won't work. Only complete power off. 

Send me Mac-Pro.zip

Hi,

I have P5KPL-AM mainboard and to make the computer sleep you need to change jumper position for USB Keyboard/Mouse power [PS2_USBPW14] (see Manual English version page 1-9)

P5KPL-AM SE Manual (English version)

It is quite common situation on old ASUS mainboards (I had it first time on P5GC-MX/1333 board).

NOTE: GeForce 240 does not support 'Metal' in Mojave (try to play DVD to see manifestation of the problem). You can replace video card with GTX650 Ti (Kepler microarchitecture 600 series cards should work) or GTX710 (with 700 series you should be on alert for example 750 Ti has Maxwell core which is not supported, you need a video card with Kepler core)

1. Metal (API)
2. Supported GPUs

3. Kepler (microarchitecture)

GeForce 600 series (look for code name starting with GK.... -- GeForce Kepler)
GeForce 700 series (look for code name starting with GK.... -- GeForce Kepler)

osx151212

Edited by osx151212

36 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

some log about "coreaudiod" prevent sleep

I tried disconnecting the usb audio amplifier, but didn't help. I tried to quit and force quit coreaudiod process in Activity Monitor, but keeps restarting automatically, so I cannot check if sleep works without it. What else can I do?

44 minutes ago, disty69 said:

I tried disconnecting the usb audio amplifier, but didn't help. I tried to quit and force quit coreaudiod process in Activity Monitor, but keeps restarting automatically, so I cannot check if sleep works without it. What else can I do?

after sleep system restart?

Hey, guys! Need your help here, got weird problems with MacOS Sierra on the following hardware: GA-EP45-UD3LR, Xeon L5420, 6gigs 667 RAM and Radeon 7870.

The thing is when I try to boot from USB stick installation doesn't switch from verbose console output to graphic mode normally. It needs to be restarted 3-5 times to finally load language selection page. If I manage to install it at last, system hangs on apple logo after installation - sometimes progress bar just begin to load and stops, sometimes it may hang in a middle, and even in the end.

On the 10th restart Login screen may load normally, or it may be gray, with transparent apple logo on the background. It seems like something blocks the login screen. Or different situation: system loads fast and skips apple logo at all, but login screen still doesn't load normally - its transparent, like something in background block it. When I press any keys it blinks with grey color. Maybe its Finder problem? And sometimes when I enter my password screen doesn't show entered symbols, but hard drive load the system. If I then hold down Ctrl+UpArrow I am able to switch between desktops (which are normal colors, not grayed), but initial screen is still transparent and doesn't let me proceed to OS.

Really new to MacOS, so don't know what to do. I tried different bootargs, "-v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1", tried to change different SMBIOSes, inject ATI and load VBIOS. Even downloaded special DSDT for my MoBo, thought something was wrong with it. Also changed videocard GeForce 9600GT, but got black screen using nvidia injection, nv_disable=1, nvda_drv=1, returned to Radeon.

So looking for your adviсe, fellas.

Also want to thank MaLd0n, really great job, man.

Managed to boot into OS from 50th attempt, so send you files :D

DSDT F11bios.zip

origin.zip

Send me.zip

p.s. Booted system with iMac11.1 id instead of default Clovers' iMac10.1.

p.p.s Using ps/2 keybaord and HDMI display connection.

Edited by fly44

On 11/29/2018 at 4:55 PM, disty69 said:

No, it works fine it doesn't actually sleep. Only the monitor shuts off.

no idea, bro

On 12/3/2018 at 5:19 PM, fly44 said:

Hey, guys! Need your help here, got weird problems with MacOS Sierra on the following hardware: GA-EP45-UD3LR, Xeon L5420, 6gigs 667 RAM and Radeon 7870.

The thing is when I try to boot from USB stick installation doesn't switch from verbose console output to graphic mode normally. It needs to be restarted 3-5 times to finally load language selection page. If I manage to install it at last, system hangs on apple logo after installation - sometimes progress bar just begin to load and stops, sometimes it may hang in a middle, and even in the end.

On the 10th restart Login screen may load normally, or it may be gray, with transparent apple logo on the background. It seems like something blocks the login screen. Or different situation: system loads fast and skips apple logo at all, but login screen still doesn't load normally - its transparent, like something in background block it. When I press any keys it blinks with grey color. Maybe its Finder problem? And sometimes when I enter my password screen doesn't show entered symbols, but hard drive load the system. If I then hold down Ctrl+UpArrow I am able to switch between desktops (which are normal colors, not grayed), but initial screen is still transparent and doesn't let me proceed to OS.

Really new to MacOS, so don't know what to do. I tried different bootargs, "-v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1", tried to change different SMBIOSes, inject ATI and load VBIOS. Even downloaded special DSDT for my MoBo, thought something was wrong with it. Also changed videocard GeForce 9600GT, but got black screen using nvidia injection, nv_disable=1, nvda_drv=1, returned to Radeon.

So looking for your adviсe, fellas.

Also want to thank MaLd0n, really great job, man.

Managed to boot into OS from 50th attempt, so send you files :D

DSDT F11bios.zip

origin.zip

Send me.zip

p.s. Booted system with iMac11.1 id instead of default Clovers' iMac10.1.

p.p.s Using ps/2 keybaord and HDMI display connection.

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i keep running into this error i keep getting it on all usb thumb drives any ideas? i have searched around on the error im at a lost with it.

Erasing disk: 0%... 10%...

Error erasing disk error number (-69888, 0)

An error occurred erasing the disk. (252)

i have installed el capitan u n i b e a s t worked just fine for that, when i try to boot install mojave clover doesnt act right, just shows a blank screen, i have clover on a dedicated partition just trying to get mojave installed.

Edited by killernos
is inserting url

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

THANK YOU for creating such a solid guide and resources to keep our ancient motherboards running!!

Your 'packages' helped me get my old Asus P5Q up and running with a fresh install of High Sierra. I use this machine as a 'server', serving up many hard drives to the family on the network.

Still working out some kinks, but my biggest problem is figuring out what to do with my old SATA PCI card. (PEX40054 with a Silicone Image 3124 chipset)

When I boot with the Sil3124 kext that I was using in Sierra, I get a panic. (photos attached)

This card is so old that there doesn't seem to be any working drivers floating around. I've posted in a thread here.

This is probably outside of discussion here, but am wondering if anyone knows of a way of futzing with this kext so it doesn't panic in High Sierra?

If I can't find a way to serve up a bunch of SATA drives cheaply on this board (with only PCI slots), I'm gonna have to give up on High Sierra....

Thanks in advance!

panic1.jpg

panic2.jpg

panic 3.jpg

Edited by wwhack

1 hour ago, wwhack said:

THANK YOU for creating such a solid guide and resources to keep our ancient motherboards running!!

Your 'packages' helped me get my old Asus P5Q up and running with a fresh install of High Sierra. I use this machine as a 'server', serving up many hard drives to the family on the network.

Still working out some kinks, but my biggest problem is figuring out what to do with my old SATA PCI card. (PEX40054 with a Silicone Image 3124 chipset)

When I boot with the Sil3124 kext that I was using in Sierra, I get a panic. (photos attached)

This card is so old that there doesn't seem to be any working drivers floating around. I've posted in a thread here.

This is probably outside of discussion here, but am wondering if anyone knows of a way of futzing with this kext so it doesn't panic in High Sierra?

If I can't find a way to serve up a bunch of SATA drives cheaply on this board (with only PCI slots), I'm gonna have to give up on High Sierra....

Thanks in advance!

silicon don't provide a updated driver?

HI guys..Help !
I have been away from making Hackintoshes for a couple o years.
my last one was based on a LION os.
Now i am back in business and everything changed.

I started over from different guides, usinf different methods...but i got always the same outcome.
I cannot even start reading from the bootloader.

I tryed [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]/[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], pandora (Ares, etc...), last one: the one on this guide "Create install media" ( https://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fchris1111%2FCreate-Install-Media&v=A5ZiMow2Rzs&redir_token=rDE3nzhSPNWvkV08-7nQwGPRekR8MTU0OTY2NTM3NEAxNTQ5NTc4OTc0&event=video_description)

and select the usb stick...i got a "J" single character on screen and a halted system.
Frustration.
Any help?

Old system, refreshed, based on a asus P5-QL , Dual core E8600, 8 gb mem (2x4), stadard sata 500gb and ssd kensigton 128