[Guide] El Capitan, Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Chipset Series / Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell

MaLd0n
2,509 posts in this topic

Used your fantastic guide to get my Hackintosh set up. My hardware is:

Z97MX-Gaming 5

AMD R9 290

I have everything working as I want it except for one minor thing (which is a huge deal for me).

Sleep and wake works great. Except if I use Wake On LAN to wake it up, then the next sleep will not work properly. When I have used WOL and try to put it to sleep, it will immidiatly wake up, which doesn't happen if I haven't used WOL.

I use darkwake=0 bootflag.

And I have used DSDT to disable every _PRW except for GLAN and PWRB which looks like this:

Device (PWRB)
        {
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C"))  // _HID: Hardware ID
            Name (_UID, 0xAA)  // _UID: Unique ID
            Name (_STA, 0x0B)  // _STA: Status
            Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
            {
                Return (GPRW (0x1B, 0x03))
            }
        }

Device (GLAN)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x00190000)  // _ADR: Address
            OperationRegion (GLBA, PCI_Config, Zero, 0x0100)
            Field (GLBA, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
            {
                DVID,   16,
                Offset (0xCC),
                Offset (0xCD),
                PMEE,   1,
                    ,   6,
                PMES,   1
            }

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
            {
                Return (GPRW (0x9D, 0x04))
            }

Method (_DSW, 3, NotSerialized)  // _DSW: Device Sleep Wake
            {
                Store (Arg0, PMEE)
            }

Method (GPEH, 0, NotSerialized)
            {
                If (LEqual (DVID, 0xFFFF))
                {
                    Return (Zero)
                }

If (LAnd (PMEE, PMES))
                {
                    Store (One, PWST)
                    Store (One, PMES)
                    Notify (GLAN, 0x02)
                }
            }
        }

This made me think some kind of parameter was saved when WOL was used to wake it up.

So I tried commenting out the _DWS (Device Sleep Wake) part of it. But that didn't do any difference.

I also tried using 0x1B, 0x03 on GLAN instead of 0x9D, 0x04, no difference either.

So, what can it be that makes sleep not work properly after using Wake On Lan?

By the way, after it does instantly wake up when i've used WOL, I can try putting it to sleep again, and this time it works. So it is the first sleep after using WOL that's broken.

@MaLd0n I'd appreciate some help with my ancient build. It's a Fujitsu X58 board with Xeon W3565. Speedstep with Generate P/C States works (1.6-3.33 GHz). I need help with:

- Sleep (goes to sleep fine; waking it wakes the PC but the screen remains off, i.e. blinking LED on the monitor)

- Audio (Lilu + AppleALC don't work, kextd stall. VoodooHDA works)

Thank you!

Send me tank.zip

5 hours ago, rpo6ap said:

@MaLd0n I'd appreciate some help with my ancient build. It's a Fujitsu X58 board with Xeon W3565. Speedstep with Generate P/C States works (1.6-3.33 GHz). I need help with:

- Sleep (goes to sleep fine; waking it wakes the PC but the screen remains off, i.e. blinking LED on the monitor)

- Audio (Lilu + AppleALC don't work, kextd stall. VoodooHDA works)

Thank you!

Send me tank.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 2:41 PM, MaLd0n said:

EFI.zip

check a gpu device id for create a patch with hackintool

Hi MaLd0n, I haven't been that successful with the Laptop install yet. It mostly gives me some boot error, scrolls through, not like a kernel error. Probably related to the graphics.

Since im struggling with patching that Intel 630 / i7 9750H. 

Ive attached another send me file.

Reading from the Forums Framebuffer patching guide it should be the laptop version 0x3EA50009.

Ive been in Hackintoshing some time but, haven't dipped my toe in the newer patching stuff, thus would greatly appreciate more help. The device needs the DVMT pre alloc 32mb as well, since windows starts messing up, when I change that value in bios.

Getting that graphics running would be my main goal, Networking I do with a dongle and ethernet for now and audio, trackpad is another fight for later. 

Kind regards, thanks for the help. btw. running on Mojave for now.

Gen 8: Coffee Lake (Intel UHD Graphics 630)
- S/L/E/AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext
- Support started with macOS 10.13.6 (17G2112) / 10.14 beta 4 (18A336e)
- device-id: 0x3E9B 0x3EA5 0x3EA6 0x3E92 0x3E91 0x3E98
- AAPL,ig-platform-id (desktop): 0x3EA50000 (default), 0x3E9B0007 (recommended)
- AAPL,ig-platform-id (laptop): 0x3EA50009 (default)

Send me blacks-MBP2.zip

2 hours ago, blackbird_n1 said:

Hi MaLd0n, I haven't been that successful with the Laptop install yet. It mostly gives me some boot error, scrolls through, not like a kernel error. Probably related to the graphics.

Since im struggling with patching that Intel 630 / i7 9750H. 

Ive attached another send me file.

Reading from the Forums Framebuffer patching guide it should be the laptop version 0x3EA50009.

Ive been in Hackintoshing some time but, haven't dipped my toe in the newer patching stuff, thus would greatly appreciate more help. The device needs the DVMT pre alloc 32mb as well, since windows starts messing up, when I change that value in bios.

Getting that graphics running would be my main goal, Networking I do with a dongle and ethernet for now and audio, trackpad is another fight for later. 

Kind regards, thanks for the help. btw. running on Mojave for now.

Gen 8: Coffee Lake (Intel UHD Graphics 630)
- S/L/E/AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext
- Support started with macOS 10.13.6 (17G2112) / 10.14 beta 4 (18A336e)
- device-id: 0x3E9B 0x3EA5 0x3EA6 0x3E92 0x3E91 0x3E98
- AAPL,ig-platform-id (desktop): 0x3EA50000 (default), 0x3E9B0007 (recommended)
- AAPL,ig-platform-id (laptop): 0x3EA50009 (default)

Send me blacks-MBP2.zip

try

EFI.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

try

EFI.zip

Thank You for the quick reply. 

It nicely runs to this point now. 

Above text looks like the graphics got recognised. 

I took out nv_disable 1 and played around with the device IDs and was able to boot. No acceleration after 1billion error messages but it started. So maybe the wrong IDs

441B7DA2-B3F8-485F-96FC-C84D5F637508.jpeg

Edited by blackbird_n1

9 hours ago, blackbird_n1 said:

Thank You for the quick reply. 

It nicely runs to this point now. 

Above text looks like the graphics got recognised. 

I took out nv_disable 1 and played around with the device IDs and was able to boot. No acceleration after 1billion error messages but it started. So maybe the wrong IDs

441B7DA2-B3F8-485F-96FC-C84D5F637508.jpeg

ye

u can check what native device id and ig-platform-id?

is a good start for us

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

ye

u can check what native device id and ig-platform-id?

is a good start for us

Is there some tool at windows to check them out ? Looked with Aida but wasn't that successful. Checking with OSX is probably bad, since I inject a wrong one. Thanks for the quick response.

according to the intel site its 

Device ID is 0x3E9B

Edited by blackbird_n1

10 hours ago, blackbird_n1 said:

Is there some tool at windows to check them out ? Looked with Aida but wasn't that successful. Checking with OSX is probably bad, since I inject a wrong one. Thanks for the quick response.

according to the intel site its 

Device ID is 0x3E9B

config.plist.zip

• Like 1

13 hours ago, blackbird_n1 said:

Sadly it gives the IOconsole / gIOscreenLockupState 3 error again. 

bad, is just a video patch, try others ig-platform-id

• Like 1

I’ve been playing around with Mojave for few hours now and every way I turn I end up with either kstall AppleACPICPU or busy timeout. 

Im a newbie, I’ve got past the installer and onto rebooting after setup finished. And that’s where I hit a wall. Where do I start. 

I installed vanilla. Clover. FakeSMC.

couldnt fins a dsdt for my board.

Board is a H81 intel chipset ( M51AD Asus ) processor is 4460 i5. ( HD4600 ) 

have a GT720 too. I’ve tried it with both :/ 

any guidance humbly accepted. 

Pic is what ahopened as i typed this image.thumb.jpg.e1858b1b9bef4c9b1c90a112d3723c60.jpg

12 hours ago, Cowwie82 said:

I’ve been playing around with Mojave for few hours now and every way I turn I end up with either kstall AppleACPICPU or busy timeout. 

Im a newbie, I’ve got past the installer and onto rebooting after setup finished. And that’s where I hit a wall. Where do I start. 

I installed vanilla. Clover. FakeSMC.

couldnt fins a dsdt for my board.

Board is a H81 intel chipset ( M51AD Asus ) processor is 4460 i5. ( HD4600 ) 

have a GT720 too. I’ve tried it with both :/ 

any guidance humbly accepted. 

Pic is what ahopened as i typed this 

use kexts only in clover/kexts/other

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

Hi, ive tried your 10.11.6 and clover didnt load any kext etc and when i tried 10.14.5 i got the error message this version of os x cant install on thos machine etc.

i have sabertooth x79 3930k cpu gtx 680 zotac 4gig my gpu and mobo have no UEFI.

hard drives, 830 evo ssd and nvme 960 evo 250gig.

right now im in win 8

Please can you help me.. im getting nuts over here and being trying different things in 5 days no without any progress :(

38 minutes ago, axonleo said:

Hi, ive tried your 10.11.6 and clover didnt load any kext etc and when i tried 10.14.5 i got the error message this version of os x cant install on thos machine etc.

i have sabertooth x79 3930k cpu gtx 680 zotac 4gig my gpu and mobo have no UEFI.

hard drives, 830 evo ssd and nvme 960 evo 250gig.

right now im in win 8

Please can you help me.. im getting nuts over here and being trying different things in 5 days no without any progress :(

EFI.zip

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaLd0n said:

Man you saved my life :( I wanna cry right now :( I felt so hopeless and I have crash restarted my pc 100 times already during the week cause I needed to try different kext and config and none worked with my old 10.11.6 system on my NVME ssd, imagine how much damaged my other hdd have taken from that by now.. don't even wanna know :(

But now with ur EFI folder and your 10.14.5 image that I downloaded in windows 8 and with Etcher recreated the usb install and then replaced the standard EFI with the one you send me just now.

Finally I have a working 10.14.5 system.

I dont wanna feel so hopeless again and I wanna understand what the hell is in that EFI folder that made my system work right away...

I forgot to mention that I still have 10.11.6 in my 960 Evo NVME ssd that I can't boot anymore and I hope you can help me with that :)

28 minutes ago, axonleo said:

Man you saved my life :( I wanna cry right now :( I felt so hopeless and I have crash restarted my pc 100 times already during the week cause I needed to try different kext and config and none worked with my old 10.11.6 system on my NVME ssd, imagine how much damaged my other hdd have taken from that by now.. don't even wanna know :(

But now with ur EFI folder and your 10.14.5 image that I downloaded in windows 8 and with Etcher recreated the usb install and then replaced the standard EFI with the one you send me just now.

Finally I have a working 10.14.5 system.

I dont wanna feel so hopeless again and I wanna understand what the hell is in that EFI folder that made my system work right away...

I forgot to mention that I still have 10.11.6 in my 960 Evo NVME ssd that I can't boot anymore and I hope you can help me with that :)

el capo don't have native support for nvme :D use high sierrra+ ;) 

11 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

el capo don't have native support for nvme :D use high sierrra+ ;) 

Yeah I know that but I lived with 10.11.6 from 2014 till last week misstake when I removed something in the clover folder...

There is some apps that I still need in 10.11, can you please help me boot to my 10.11.6 somehow ? so I can recover some data from my reminder DUE app...

This is the error I'm getting right now with ur EFI folder when I try to boot or any folder that I try and I don't know how to fix that.

Error usbmsc identifier (non-unique)

IMG_1173.HEIC

Edited by axonleo

6 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

I’m not sure what happened just now but from no where the CPU throttles to 3.2ghz without going down and when I restarted the pc I can no longer reach the F8 menu so I can choose the usb flash drive to boot to 10.14 and still the fan is on high speed...?

is this coms reset issue or did my 830 evo just burn for some reason ? There is a red led indicator for Sata 2 that is not turning off... how do I get out of this new mess ?

omg what is going on with my pc:(

1 hour ago, axonleo said:

I’m not sure what happened just now but from no where the CPU throttles to 3.2ghz without going down and when I restarted the pc I can no longer reach the F8 menu so I can choose the usb flash drive to boot to 10.14 and still the fan is on high speed...?

is this coms reset issue or did my 830 evo just burn for some reason ? There is a red led indicator for Sata 2 that is not turning off... how do I get out of this new mess ?

omg what is going on with my pc:(

u need solve power management

• Like 1