[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

Hello Maldon. 

I am Lorenzo, from France, we spoke some month ago about a z97 Asus model, and I told I was about to buy a b250 MSI Mortar. So I got, a bit later than I expected, but it is done now. So I installed with your method, without DSDT or SSDT.

Everything seems to work perfectly, except the USB 3.0 front port, which doesn’t recognise a USB 3.0 device, but can read a USB 2.0. When I repair permissions and rebuild cache it works a time, well.. a day.. and then stops again. Do you think I need a dsdt ? 

I also had a problem with the last OsxAptionfixDrv, when booting, a listing of a lot of impossible allocated memory blocs appears, then a warning saying that it may not boot correctly.. 

The old version is working better, at least in my case.

It this serious, doctor ? :)

Thanks in advance !

Send me Lorenzs-iMac.zip

• Like 1

Hello Maldon. 

I am Lorenzo, from France, we spoke some month ago about a z97 Asus model, and I told I was about to buy a b250 MSI Mortar. So I got, a bit later than I expected, but it is done now. So I installed with your method, without DSDT or SSDT.

Everything seems to work perfectly, except the USB 3.0 front port, which doesn’t recognise a USB 3.0 device, but can read a USB 2.0. When I repair permissions and rebuild cache it works a time, well.. a day.. and then stops again. Do you think I need a dsdt ? 

I also had a problem with the last OsxAptionfixDrv, when booting, a listing of a lot of impossible allocated memory blocs appears, then a warning saying that it may not boot correctly.. 

The old version is working better, at least in my case.

It this serious, doctor ? :)

Thanks in advance !

CLOVER.zip

new ioreg after reboot

• Like 2

Hello MaLdOn.

So I tried with the files you sent me. I had to make a java update too, it asked for.. I don't know why exactly. Before that, usb 3.0 was not working, but now it does. I still have the problem with memory allocation when booting. I join a screenshot, maybe it can be useful.

Thanks again for the time you spend for all of us !

Send me Lorenzs-iMac.zip

Vboot.zip

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n

Here are my files.  Thank you for doing this!

I currently have my USB ports mapped out in the SSDT-UIAC and use my Intel HD530 as a connectorless card for quick sync.

CLOVER.zip

dont need ssdt

just use uia_exclude flag

E.G

Unused Ports, uxcluded with flag
uia_exclude=HS01;HS02;HS03;HS04;HS05;HS06;HS10;HS11;SSP1;SSP2;SSP6
Used Ports
HS07, HS08, HS09, HS12, HS13, HS14, SSP3, SSP4, SSP5

Hello MaLdOn.

So I tried with the files you sent me. I had to make a java update too, it asked for.. I don't know why exactly. Before that, usb 3.0 was not working, but now it does. I still have the problem with memory allocation when booting. I join a screenshot, maybe it can be useful.

Thanks again for the time you spend for all of us !

try driver update

AptioMemoryFix.efi.zip

• Like 1

Hi Mald0n I'm here again  :rolleyes:

You fixed the SSDT of my Z370N Wifi and its all good, but have two more questions:

1. After 10 min of system start my 8700K runs all time at 4.70 GHz even with ssdt or plugin true, for now I underclocked to 4.5 GHz from BIOS just to keep things cool, is that normal for 8700K till it gets the full Apple support (if any)?

2. Under ''System Report/PCI'' is reported ''Intel 300 Series Chipset SATA Controller'' as I modified that 300, but in SATA/SATA Express section it says Intel 10 Series Chipset, why you think is that?

Please tell me if you can help so I send you my EFI folder to take a look, cheers

Correction: You fixed my motherboards DSDT, sorry

• Like 1

Hi Mald0n I'm here again  :rolleyes:

You fixed the SSDT of my Z370N Wifi and its all good, but have two more questions:

1. After 10 min of system start my 8700K runs all time at 4.70 GHz even with ssdt or plugin true, for now I underclocked to 4.5 GHz from BIOS just to keep things cool, is that normal for 8700K till it gets the full Apple support (if any)?

2. Under ''System Report/PCI'' is reported ''Intel 300 Series Chipset SATA Controller'' as I modified that 300, but in SATA/SATA Express section it says Intel 10 Series Chipset, why you think is that?

Please tell me if you can help so I send you my EFI folder to take a look, cheers

Correction: You fixed my motherboards DSDT, sorry

send me ur dsdt

Apple don't use serie 200 or 300, use only serie 100, for avoid appears "Generic Ahci" we apply serie 10

i creta one injector for serie 300

• Like 1

Hi!

I succeed making work all,except audio.I think it needs DSDT layout ID patch...

Every time  I try to patch I receive several errors...By the way...there is a library with patches you use MaLd0n ?

send me files

library is my hack and my brain xD

• Like 1

Hi MaLdOn.

So I just tried the update of AptioMemoryFix. The listing of all slides vales doesn't appear anymore, but I still have a warning message:

AptioMemoryFix(R15) : starting \system\library\coreservices\

AMF: only 128/256 slide values are usable! Booting may fail

Valid slides: 128-255

Can it work this way or any change to make? 

Thanks once again ! :)

• Like 1

Hi MaLdOn.

So I just tried the update of AptioMemoryFix. The listing of all slides vales doesn't appear anymore, but I still have a warning message:

AptioMemoryFix(R15) : starting \system\library\coreservices\

AMF: only 128/256 slide values are usable! Booting may fail

Valid slides: 128-255

Can it work this way or any change to make? 

Thanks once again ! :)

just a log, if work u can use without any problem

• Like 1

Tomorrow I will receive new parts for my hackintosh...some RAM and one Plextor NVME ssd ...Considering that SSD will be on PCIE buss, there will be need for new DSDT patches to use that SSD?

same files

i think plextor NVME need a patch in config.plist

just a log, if work u can use without any problem

Ok Thanks again. I will try it for some days and see. I will also make a fresh install on another SSD, with your clover folder. I will post some updates.

Have a nice day.

• Like 1

let's go

replace folder, reboot and send me new ioreg

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

i think no, use Intel HD Graphics

check shiki

https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki

Thank you for the tip! l've got shiki installed and can play 4k content without a hitch. yet when I run the VDADecoderscript to check if i've got hardware decoding it returns :

VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473

An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.

Even after a reboot. Since I can play 4k no problem and can view itunes trailers I can only assume shiki is working. Im kind of at a loss as to why performance is still so bad and my hackintosh sometimes crashes and kicks me back to the log in screen with "gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, am 0x0" 

Surely I cant be the only one having this issue? 

• Like 1

Thank you for the tip! l've got shiki installed and can play 4k content without a hitch. yet when I run the VDADecoderscript to check if i've got hardware decoding it returns :

An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.

Even after a reboot. Since I can play 4k no problem and can view itunes trailers I can only assume shiki is working. Im kind of at a loss as to why performance is still so bad and my hackintosh sometimes crashes and kicks me back to the log in screen with "gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, am 0x0" 

Surely I cant be the only one having this issue? 

- GRAPHICS : Check InjectIntel
- GRAPHICS : “ig-platform-id” changed to 0x59120000
- DEVICES : “Fake ID” for IntelGFX changed to 0x59128086
- BOOT : Add “-disablegfxfirmware” under Custom Flags
+ use shiki.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext + shikigva=60
  • Like 2

- GRAPHICS : Check InjectIntel
- GRAPHICS : “ig-platform-id” changed to 0x59120000
- DEVICES : “Fake ID” for IntelGFX changed to 0x59128086
- BOOT : Add “-disablegfxfirmware” under Custom Flags
+ use shiki.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext + shikigva=60

Wait I need intel graphics mixup.kext as well as Nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext  and inject intel when running a 970? I never knew. Going to test this out. thank you very much!

• Like 1