[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

Thats very very weird, in my bios igpu is activated. igpu multi monitor is set to enabled and primary display is set to auto

don't appears in ioreg, is disable xD

last bios version?

• Like 1

dang, so this might be the source of my problems. I'm on 0605. If I update the bios, will i need a new DSDT? apparently the new 0607 bios gives buggy performance because of spectre patches. 

xD

load optmized default in biso and try

• Like 1

send me ur dsdt

Apple don't use serie 200 or 300, use only serie 100, for avoid appears "Generic Ahci" we apply serie 10

i creta one injector for serie 300

Now I get it with 10 series, now is the power management with i7 8700K fixable? anyway, here is my dsdt:

(If you have time to look to my Clover folder it would be much appreciated, I included that two)

DSDT.aml.zip

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

xD

load optmized default in biso and try

Tried that and somehow my clover boot screen resolution is much better so thank you for that :D

Other than that the VDAdecoder still doesn't verify. I've attached (hopefully lol) a new io reg. could you please take a look at it? I tried to figure it out myself but man that thing is a maze

edit: 

So the error message I'm getting is slightly different now with the line in bold added, It did not display this line before so its time to do some research: 

GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen95 

AVDCreateGPUAccelerator: Error loading GPU renderer

VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473

An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.

edit number 2: its back to the regular error. hmmm

41089imac3.zip

• Like 1

Now I get it with 10 series, now is the power management with i7 8700K fixable? anyway, here is my dsdt:

(If you have time to look to my Clover folder it would be much appreciated, I included that two)

replace DSDT and use kext

SERIE 300.zip

• Like 2

Tried that and somehow my clover boot screen resolution is much better so thank you for that :D

Other than that the VDAdecoder still doesn't verify. I've attached (hopefully lol) a new io reg. could you please take a look at it? I tried to figure it out myself but man that thing is a maze

edit: 

So the error message I'm getting is slightly different now with the line in bold added, It did not display this line before so its time to do some research: 

GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen95 

AVDCreateGPUAccelerator: Error loading GPU renderer

An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.

edit number 2: its back to the regular error. hmmm

read here

https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki

now IGPU is load, just need a correct config

Thanks you fixed it, any idea how I can fix the power management of the CPU? I tried ssdt and plugin true but still runs at full load.

dont use fakesmc sensors, remove it

use it

Install Intel Power Gadget.pkg.zip

• Like 3

One last question to anyone who knows the answer, I never managed to have my RX Vega temperature show up with iStat Menus with all latest FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext, does anyone with RX Vega managed to have that?

read here

https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki

now IGPU is load, just need a correct config

dont use fakesmc sensors, remove it

use it

attachicon.gifInstall Intel Power Gadget.pkg.zip

Ok will do, thanks

• Like 1

One last question to anyone who knows the answer, I never managed to have my RX Vega temperature show up with iStat Menus with all latest FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext, does anyone with RX Vega managed to have that?

Ok will do, thanks

dont use it, bro, only probem 

use only fakesmc + Intel Power Gadget

• Like 1