[RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Research&Development Thread

Sinetek

774 posts in this topic

Hey Is Siri working for everyone?

I get error "Sorry, I'm having trouble with the connection. Please try again in a moment."

I've looked for fixes and did the Imessage and Facetime fix already I can sign into everything.. any ideas?

Gigamaxx,

I'm getting back to some testing today. This Bronya 10,2 kernel has a lot more than just the kernel file, and doesn't include the pre-linked kernel. Should be be replacing all of the files in the package? And do I need to mess with the prelinked kernel?

Hi dj_sash ! 

If there is no difference so it must work but I have not seen the difference between these processors! You first try ! 
And I have if you have the time look and may be will !

The difference in number of cores won't make any issue?

Bronya… I am asking you if it will work on Threadripper ?¿

Yes .

Please test kernel... 

That's a WOW motherboard for THREADRIPPER :)

with ThunderBolt 3 Support. :)

Gigabyte's X399 Designare-EX

https://www.anandtech.com/show/11847/gigabyte-announces-x399-designare-ex

Finally I think, it gonna be time to really invest in upgrading now. :)

All + a VEGA :)

Look at the name, I guess they release that version of motherboard specially for DESIGNERS :)

• Like 1

Hi dj_sash ! 

If there is no difference so it must work but I have not seen the difference between these processors! You first try ! 
And I have if you have the time look and may be will !

I think the main difference is the PCIE lanes Threadripper has 64 lanes.

Thanks kernel coders!..

rJR1GV.png

| AMD Ryzen 3 - 1200 | MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS | CORSAIR 8GB Vengeance RED DDR4 2400MHz XMP 2.0 CL16 | Zotac Nvidia GT710 GDDR5 Fanless | OCZ 240GB TL100 Series 240GB SSD Sata 3.0 | Seagate 2.5" 500GB HDD Barracuda Sata 3.0 128MB Cache 5400Rpm | Windows 10 Pro x64 | macOS Sierra 10.12.6 |

The only problem I have had is that the 10.12.5 kernel sometimes fails to load at boot. Otherwise it has been rock solid running 24/7. What does 10.12.6 offer? Is there any reason to "update" ?

Our old kernel is based in Sierra 12.4 so getting it at 12.6 is a plus.

@Bronya, thanks for the kernel, it’s working in Ryzen 1700.

• Like 1

HI !

Try kernel for 10.12.6 ...

attachicon.gifkernel_ryzen_10.12.6_AMD.zip

here I observed few things on my FX system

- On bronya's latest 10.12.6 kernel , sleep/wake works perfectly , but the restart/shutdown is not working properly . There is a delay at restart /shutdown.  

when I shutdown my Mac , the screen goes off but the cpu takes time to shutdown .

-On shaneee's latest 10.12.6 FX kernel , sleep/wake and restart/shutdown works perfectly without any delay.

- And on both kernels from (Shaneee's and bronya's)  Photoshop CC 2017 crashes , instantly when trying to change font .

here is the crash log :

PSCC2017 Crashlog.txt

• Like 1

Photoshop crashes? uh-oh. Well we know Adobe software is terribly written!

I have had zero issues with Wirecast video broadcasting or FCPX video editing softwares on the 10.12.4 kernel running 10.12.5.

I have yet to attempt loading Photoshop.

I will create a 10.12.6 image and test. Same setup as 10.12.6? Just replace the system.kext files?