[RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Research&Development Thread

Sinetek

774 posts in this topic

Everything is working good except for my bluetooth. I have osx86 card, i think it's a problem with the usb, if I check in the terminal it show's up as connected, but no bluetooth in system preferences and if I do a system profile it shows "no information found" for both bluetooth and usb, if anyone knows how to fix this i would be much appreciated

asus x370 prime pro

r7 1700

sierra 10.12.5

Everything is working good except for my bluetooth. I have osx86 card, i think it's a problem with the usb, if I check in the terminal it show's up as connected, but no bluetooth in system preferences and if I do a system profile it shows "no information found" for both bluetooth and usb, if anyone knows how to fix this i would be much appreciated

asus x370 prime pro

r7 1700

sierra 10.12.5

I think its because the genericusbxhci kext. delete and try but when delete this kext only the usb 3,0  works (sorry for my bad English)

i have a kernel_task process that slow down my system and explain the low cb score. I have to understand why. I'll try to apply new kernel again.

I have the same problem with a kernel_task , i have the kernel 16.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 16.5.0: вторник,  9 мая 2017 г. 16:23:02 (MSK); root:xnu-3789.51.2/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64 .

Is this normal ?

I have the same problem with a kernel_task , i have the kernel 16.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 16.5.0: вторник,  9 мая 2017 г. 16:23:02 (MSK); root:xnu-3789.51.2/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64 .

Is this normal ?

this happen to me when open the cinebench and the process is still there when close.

edit=I believe it's a temperature sensor driver issue. The machine, for some reason believes it is overheating and throttles back the CPU hugely. So what one sees as the CPU maxing out on kern.task is real but in fact the CPU is only running at a fraction of it's full potential.

• Like 1

this happen to me when open the cinebench and the process is still there when close.

edit=I believe it's a temperature sensor driver issue. The machine, for some reason believes it is overheating and throttles back the CPU hugely. So what one sees as the CPU maxing out on kern.task is real but in fact the CPU is only running at a fraction of it's full potential.

Awesome info.. i will investigate in my setup.

Thanks !

Ryzen 7 compares to a 6900 K  ;)

Nice, but based on muilti-core right? How about the 1700? 

This performance is made on a windows desktop, how's a hackintosch in comparison? Any loss in performance? Stable build (100% working?)

Edit: What motherboard to go with 1800x? 

Nice, but based on muilti-core right? How about the 1700? 

This performance is made on a windows desktop, how's a hackintosch in comparison? Any loss in performance? Stable build (100% working?)

Edit: What motherboard to go with 1800x?

1800x go with a X370 board to make use of better overclock abilities, better PCIe lane support options and generally more settings at your disposal. I have a Gigabyte X370 as I am familar with the BIOs setup and common Hackintosh settings are easy to find in the Bios.

Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Asrock will all work it's a matter of finding the right settings to get them to work. They often have different terminologies for the same functions.

The only 100% Hackintosh is a real Mac, but you can get 99.99% working with the proper devices installed and selecting a workable motherboard. Take note of the Ethernet and sound specs for the board as this will be a limiting factor. Find one that has fixes for the Ethernet and sound because there are some newer audio and Ethernet options that are not supported on OS X and don't have replacement kexts or fixes available yet.

Hello,

My hackintosh Ryzen 5 1600.
Video card MSi GeForce 210 1 gb and Gigabyte RX 460 4 gb, RX 460 works with Sierra 10.12.6, but no sound. (Use VoodooHDA 2.9.0d10)
post-1166679-0-54631900-1498062371_thumb.png
MSi GeForce works if I use D-SUB, no sound HDMI
post-1166679-0-74816200-1498062720_thumb.png
Can someone solve it?

Thanks in advance,

I'm sorry if I wrote it to the wrong place

Hello,

My hackintosh Ryzen 5 1600.

Video card MSi GeForce 210 1 gb and Gigabyte RX 460 4 gb, RX 460 works with Sierra 10.12.6, but no sound. (Use VoodooHDA 2.9.0d10)[/size]

attachicon.gifKépernyőfotó 2017-06-21 - 18.30.39.png

MSi GeForce works if I use D-SUB, no sound HDMI

attachicon.gifKépernyőfotó 2017-06-21 - 18.43.41.png

Can someone solve it?

Thanks in advance,

I'm sorry if I wrote it to the wrong place

Sound is horrible if you get it to work, it's slow motion or about one octave too low. Many people are trying to get it to work but no luck so far. The good news is that Apple mentioned they need to fix sound for some of their vcards. So appparently real Mac users with thunderbolt vCard boxes have the same issue. We need to wait for Apple.

The codec is 0A1? or something which is a default older audio option, the rx cards have a newer audio codec but it's just not being assigned to these cards, or is missing from OS X.

:)

The calculation performance for a CPU whether it is on Windows, Linux or OS X are the same;)

With a 1700 to 3.6/4, you will have the same performance as an 1800x, as a 6700k to 4.2/4.4 gives you a 7700k  ;)

1700? Not the 1700x?

Is the price difference between 1700(x) and 1800x worth the money? (both OC)

1800x go with a X370 board to make use of better overclock abilities, better PCIe lane support options and generally more settings at your disposal. I have a Gigabyte X370 as I am familar with the BIOs setup and common Hackintosh settings are easy to find in the Bios.

Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Asrock will all work it's a matter of finding the right settings to get them to work. They often have different terminologies for the same functions.

The only 100% Hackintosh is a real Mac, but you can get 99.99% working with the proper devices installed and selecting a workable motherboard. Take note of the Ethernet and sound specs for the board as this will be a limiting factor. Find one that has fixes for the Ethernet and sound because there are some newer audio and Ethernet options that are not supported on OS X and don't have replacement kexts or fixes available yet.

Understood. 

The most important thing is that I may buy an AMD system and I want it to be stable and 99% running, so most of the stuff is working properly with AMD?. I know with intel (have build hackintosch before) I could get everything to work. Except for Siri, but I think that's still the case even now and with AMD builds? 

I think Ryzen is the better way to go for music production from what I read. Thinking about the 1800x, but is it worth the price difference? 

Hy i would like to build hackintosh, but i dont know if i can build it with these spec? 

CPU:   amd ryzen 7, 1800X

Board; asus  corssair hero VI

GPU: geforce gtx 1080  (palit jetstream)

did anyone built  hackintosh or have something like that?

thank you..

Hy i would like to build hackintosh, but i dont know if i can build it with these spec? 

CPU:   amd ryzen 7, 1800X

Board; asus  corssair hero VI

GPU: geforce gtx 1080  (palit jetstream)

did anyone built  hackintosh or have something like that?

thank you..

My Ryzen 1700X hackintosh used the same MB as yours.

GTX-980 is also similar to your 1080 but less powerful.

Up to 10.12.6 these worked quite well except OpenGL performance tested by Cinebench R15 only 40~50% score values of AMD 7950.

You will need Clover bootloader to enable Nvidia Web Driver at 10.12.x.

For Bronya's 2667 bootloader will get black screen unless booted by nv_disable=1 and loss of hardware acceleration function (CI/QE).

• Like 1

My Ryzen 1700X hackintosh used the same MB as yours.

GTX-980 is also similar to your 1080 but less powerful.

Up to 10.12.6 these worked quite well except OpenGL performance tested by Cinebench R15 only 40~50% score values of AMD 7950.

You will need Clover bootloader to enable Nvidia Web Driver at 10.12.x.

For Bronya's 2667 bootloader will get black screen unless booted by nv_disable=1 and loss of hardware acceleration function (CI/QE).

Need this machine for video editing..

waw so it is posible ..perfect...is there any tutorial how to do that :D

Where can i get 10.12.6 OSX?

clover bootloader from tonymacs?

Hi !

Here kernel 10.9.5 for ryzen ? ))

Ok .

Try new kernel and boot(chameleon) for Ryzen !

This kernel and bootloader maked 1 July ! 

attachicon.gifboot_kernel_10.9.5_ryzen.zip

Thanks for this new kernel which fixed previous issues booted by Clover:

Now timer is normal and performance tested by Cinebench R15 is normal too !

Thanks a million !

At both 10.12.x and 10.9.5 my Ryzen 1700X hackintosh are working stably with superior performance and could be used daily for productive job !

Looking forward to your patched kernel and boot for High Sierra (10.13) in both FX-6300 &/or Ryzen 1700X hackintosh as soon as possible !

• Like 2

Thanks for this new kernel which fixed previous issues booted by Clover:

Now timer is normal and performance tested by Cinebench R15 is normal too !

Thanks a million !

At both 10.12.x and 10.9.5 my Ryzen 1700X hackintosh are working stably with superior performance and could be used daily for productive job !

Looking forward to your patched kernel and boot for High Sierra (10.13) in both FX-6300 &/or Ryzen 1700X hackintosh as soon as possible !

If you don't mind me  asking,What video card are you running? If it's nvidia: whats your FPS on cinebench?