[RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Research&Development Thread

Sinetek

774 posts in this topic

I have been running into the same issue as Ciro82 with the USBHostController error. I tired 100s of boot attempts using many difierent boot arguments but no success. Only the same error over and over. I tired all the USB fixes from the Dummykext, Generickext, and Shane's combo package. I always ended up with the same error, see video. It loads the apple progress bar, and the bar loaded to completion but the USB erro kept scrolling.

I used a USB installer (proprietary from chris111) using chameleon to load sierra in Ryzen and then added only the rc2 kernel and ran kext beast. Tried booting with the clover USB and it booted using ncpi=3000 busratio=30 -s. After following prompts " mount -uw/ Fsck -ft/ exit and 4 minutes later I got to a count setup screen. I survived a reboot using only ncpi=0x3000 busratio=30 now it's time for an update. I have USB 3.1 listed in about this Mac. Yes! After having nothing showing with the chameleon builds this is a nice change. Carbon copy clone is finished time for a software update.

trim.49EEED32-4020-45EE-98D2-D0B3BC3FE1E5.MOV

post-1753549-0-86440500-1496535760_thumb.png

Did you install sierra on a seperate HDD or SSD using aworking Mac or hackintosh? Once you have a "copy" of Sierra you should run updates from the App Store the run Ryzen patcher.

This looks like you haven't installed a full copy of sierra yet on a "non Ryzen" system. You need to have a working copy of Sierra before starting the guide.

thanks for ur explanation Gigamaxx. U're right, i did it on my "USB Installer", not in working copy of Sierra like u wrote on the tutorial. 

FYI, i made usb installer from my old MBP (7.1), running yosemite on it, i've downloaded sierra installer from Application Store. 

Please i need help for install mac OS on pc i'm doing this first time.

I watch some video and there start installing mac form 10.9.5. and this file i use. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwfjmyY0Asf-clREdTNJUUlRZ2s

And use program BootDiskUtility to make on bootable hard disk.

Please give me some guide for file i need to change and is it possible install sierra in first time or some older and then update OS X.

My configuration is under in signature.

Tnx so much.

• Like 1

Please i need help for install mac OS on pc i'm doing this first time.

I watch some video and there start installing mac form 10.9.5. and this file i use. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwfjmyY0Asf-clREdTNJUUlRZ2s

And use program BootDiskUtility to make on bootable hard disk.

Please give me some guide for file i need to change and is it possible install sierra in first time or some older and then update OS X.

My configuration is under in signature.

Tnx so much.

:)

http://www.partage-fichiers.com/upload/eidmp7ib

The video is in accelerated mode :)

Edited by papiercul
  • Like 2

Your returns please?

thanks

Sorry for delay response, I just get back from work, I just drag and replace two files that you gave to the EFI folder on usb stick. here is the error I got.

Delete OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI and try boot again.

Thank you for your patiently help, I reinstalled the clover, and replaced OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv2, then I got the error in the picture.

post-1933730-0-24813500-1496717425_thumb.jpg

post-1933730-0-87197400-1496717624_thumb.jpg

Try this config.plist.    I changed the boot arguments, they work for me.   It looks like the kernel is not loading/connecting.    If it gets past the kernel loading and start to scroll post a pick.

I got into the installation page!!! Thanks for your config.plist, after I clicked enter in clover boot menu, many codes flash through, then it stuck for about 1 minute, when I was typing this error, the apple logo suddenly came up and got into the installation page. All texts are in another language, not English. I am installing Sierra now, Thank you again!!!

I am able to boot into the installation page, and after I successfully installed macOS to SSD, I get error boot from the SSD, It only shows three lines: 

OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Then, it would reboot. I didn't see those three kexts installed before in the "extension" folder,

but the foler "kernel" exists, is that normal?

I tried to just make a copy of macOS through a real mac, and then replaces some files that you did in your video, then i successfully boot into macOS without problem!!! and Nvidia web driver works!!!

Edited by Andrew1263
  • Like 1

I got into the installation page!!! Thanks for your config.plist, after I clicked enter in clover boot menu, many codes flash through, then it stuck for about 1 minute, when I was typing this error, the apple logo suddenly came up and got into the installation page. All texts are in another language, not English. I am installing Sierra now, Thank you again!!!

After installing macOS, I choose boot from the hard disk, which I used to install macOS, then I got the error 

My computer builds are:
Ryzen 1800x
Asus x370 prime
Corsair ddr4-3200 16gb(8*2)
Asus gtx 1070 8 GB

Sorry for bothering you from time to time.
Thank you for your patiently help.

Waitting for an expert :),

And in the meantime, my suggestion for you : using Chameleon method.

:)

http://www.partage-fichiers.com/upload/eidmp7ib

The video is in accelerated mode :)

Thanks for the video. I made the following USB disk after the boot process I get the following error. I use the files.

System features.

Amd Ryzen 1700X 3.4 Ghz

Msi x370 Pro Carbon mobo

2x8 Gb 3200Mhz memory

256 Gb SSD

Nvidia GTX 960 4Gb

CloverFiles: https://ufile.io/6ugjk

ErrorScreen: http://imgur.com/4Ee8Kb2

Please Help  (Sorry my bad english)

Edited by Xsario

Thanks for the video. I made the following USB disk after the boot process I get the following error. I use the files.

System features.

Amd Ryzen 1700X 3.4 Ghz

Msi x370 Pro Carbon mobo

2x8 Gb 3200Mhz memory

256 Gb SSD

Nvidia GTX 960 4Gb

CloverFiles: http://www.partage-fichiers.com/upload/y78aqdkt

ErrorScreen: http://imgur.com/4Ee8Kb2

Please Help  (Sorry my bad english)

http://www.partage-fichiers.com/upload/y78aqdkt

Uncheck the password ;)

Try this config.plist.    I changed the boot arguments, they work for me.   It looks like the kernel is not loading/connecting.    If it gets past the kernel loading and start to scroll post a pick.

busratio=30 !!??

You have to edit the config.plist if necessary, you can do it under Windows, the most important to respect are the uefi drivers and the prelinkedkernel which allow you to start with clover. ;)

busratio=30 !!??

You have to edit the config.plist if necessary, you can do it under Windows, the most important to respect are the uefi drivers and the prelinkedkernel which allow you to start with clover. ;)

The auto kernel allows you to use busratio=xx or not, according to Bronya's post with the release of kernel.

It worked!

The problem is not there, busratio=xx is a flag for chameleon not to clover ;)

It is strange, because if not used the keyboard doesn't work, it will reach the log in screen but no entry. It should not be needed but it does work.

Is the problem? Slide=0 rootless=0 keepsymbols etc... because it worked for two people with ncpi=0x3000 busratio=30 only.

I tired many times with your config.plist and files but it didn't work the same as Ciro82. I have X370 board with USB 3.1 type A and type C and every attempt ended with USB error using your configuration. Maybe the X370 configuration needs different parameters?

Another strange anomaly in clover is my Ram is listed as 8gb Kingston 2600MHz, but in chameleon it is listed correctly as 32gb 2400MHz. It is Crucial ram not Kingston.

• Like 1

busratio and fsb works for chameleon and clover ! 

Interested that if wrong memory ram ...

I think that clover is bad ... =)))

I have been very busy with family lately. I will try different 64uefi drivers to fix. It is Crucial not Kingston, weird. I had similar issues with Kaby Lake i5 in December when it was beta tested, it showed the wrong frequency 2133 and 16gb 4 dimm slots at 4gb each. Now memory shows only one Dimm slot at 8gb.

• Like 1