[RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Research&Development Thread

Sinetek

774 posts in this topic

wooh !!  :hysterical:

TSC is not fixe !!? 

test flag: fsb=100 Mhz busratio=35   :)

These settings worked by Chameleon, but not by Clover .

That's why I asked for help how to edit config.plist.

I have added FSBfrequency in CPU, but still not working yet.

The good news nevertheless, with C-States activated and the bios in eco mode, the CPU is well cooled, so well operational.

I do not understand this problem MKV decoding just 20 Mbit/s !!   :hysterical: , full 4k 60 fps MP4 20 Mbit/s, no lag !!  :thumbsup_anim:

These settings worked by Chameleon, but not by Clover .

That's why I asked for help how to edit config.plist.

I have added FSBfrequency in CPU, but still not working yet.

How did you write it in clover?

The good news nevertheless, with C-States activated and the bios in eco mode, the CPU is well cooled, so well operational.

I do not understand this problem MKV decoding just 20 Mbit/s !!   :hysterical: , full 4k 60 fps MP4 20 Mbit/s, no lag !!  :thumbsup_anim:

How did you write it in clover?

In config.plist/boot argument

use clover configurator, is simple :)

I will make a video for the minimum :)

Clover is a very powerful tool, I wonder if he could not patch the kernel directly?

Clover and the configurator is a great tool in CPU section for Intel (Skylake and Kaby Lake) has HWP enable and ART Frequency options. This would be very nice if Ryzen could be patched for a similar feature for speed step and power management functions.

Clover and the configurator is a great tool in CPU section for Intel (Skylake and Kaby Lake) has HWP enable and ART Frequency options. This would be very nice if Ryzen could be patched for a similar feature for speed step and power management functions.

A lot of function escapes me, I know only the elementals, there is not enough explanation, it is a beautiful tool:)

for jsl :)

config.plist.zip

ScreenFlow1.mp4.zip

• Like 1

A lot of function escapes me, I know only the elementals, there is not enough explanation, it is a beautiful tool:)

for jsl :)

Thanks and I'll try it when I arrive home 3~4 hours later.

Try your config.plist at 10.9.5 still got the same issues as before.

TSC frequency can not be fixed.

At 10.12.5 there is no such an issue at all.

So I will quit this testing at Mavericks and waiting for other solution to fix it.

Keep on Chameleon 2667 instead of Clover 4078.

Thanks and I'll try it when I arrive home 3~4 hours later.

Try your config.plist at 10.9.5 still got the same issues as before.

TSC frequency can not be fixed.

At 10.12.5 there is no such an issue at all.

So I will quit this testing at Mavericks and waiting for other solution to fix it.

Keep on Chameleon 2667 instead of Clover 4078.

If the kernel is fixed, there will be no way to change the clock, it seems to me that Bronya has compiled 2 kernels Mavericks, example: the auto kernel 16.5 is fixed, clover will not be able to change the clock, Just cosmetic will be visible but the clock will be good actually :)

• Like 1

If the kernel is fixed, there will be no way to change the clock, it seems to me that Bronya has compiled 2 kernels Mavericks, example: the auto kernel 16.5 is fixed, clover will not be able to change the clock, Just cosmetic will be visible but the clock will be good actually :)

Which kernel are you using to boot by Clover without issues ?

Is it the old one instead of new one ?

wooh !!

Clover is able to change the TSC on Mavericks ultimately! :)

joint video, one moment :)

Use vlc to watch the video, because of my poor bit rate (30 kb), I am forced to compress the video in .mp4 x265 :)

http://www.partage-fichiers.com/upload/8xeti9sl

Thank you and Bronya:

Without your contribution and help I can not boot by Clover at 10.12.5 & 10.12.6 now.

It prove my hypothesis: only Clover EFI can fix my power management issues and actual load Nvidia Web Driver to enable GTX-980 card.

I am so happy to get Shutdown (true power off)/Restart (no need to push power/reset button)/Sleep/Wake-up with normal display function immediately.

The remaining problem is how to boot 10.9.5 smoothly by Clover without issues of too fast timer and too low performance by Cinebench R15.

post-70188-0-24938100-1496324432_thumb.png

post-70188-0-69392700-1496324451_thumb.png

• Like 2

how do you patch clover 4077 with bronyas 4078? What are the settings you should have selected when installing? I can boot with chameleon 2667 but I can't get my 1050ti to work. I saw that clover can load the nvidia driver correctly so I guess that is the way to go. I have 10.12.5 installed, is it possible to even change the bootloader or do I have to make another clone and start from scratch, do you need the ryzenpatcher if you use clover? Is it possible to get the nvidia driver working with chameleon?

how do you patch clover 4077 with bronyas 4078? What are the settings you should have selected when installing? I can boot with chameleon 2667 but I can't get my 1050ti to work. I saw that clover can load the nvidia driver correctly so I guess that is the way to go. I have 10.12.5 installed, is it possible to even change the bootloader or do I have to make another clone and start from scratch, do you need the ryzenpatcher if you use clover? Is it possible to get the nvidia driver working with chameleon?

Unfortunately Bronya's patched Boot 2667 can not load Nvidia Web Driver correctly at 10.12.x.

For Intel hackintosh ordinary Enoch 2883 can load it smoothly without any issue.

To fix it in Ryzen hackintosh you must boot by Clover patched by Bronya 4078 version.

At first you need format an USB flash about >= 4~8 GB in GPT partition.

Then install regular Clover 4077 in its hidden EFI partition.

In ternimal enter "diskutil list" find the location of EFI partition at diskns1

"diskutil mount /dev/diskns1"

Copy Bronya's patched Boot to replace the 4077 version and my config.plist to /EFI/CLOVER/

Post#458

http://www.insanelym...ge-23?p=2432814

My config.plist had enabled NvidiaWeb=Yes

Booted by this USB flash via UEFI mode and select your installed 10.12.x partition to boot

It should load Nvidia Web Driver correctly now.

Keep your Bronya's 2667 boot because it can load Nvidia Web Driver at 10.10.5 & 10.11.6 without black screen issue.

@jsl

no problem TSC with Mavericks and clover,  I have voluntarily o / c the Ryzen of the bios at 3500 Mhz to see the reaction of clover, notice that the cosmetic part has remained at 3 Ghz but in reality the TSC has passed to 3500 Mhz, watch the video with test cinebench and The music in background voluntarily to check the audio stalls, you will notice that everything is stable without any snagging, Clover is well able to correct the TSC according to the bios values on Mavericks :) 

http://www.partage-fichiers.com/upload/iujgmi8f

"To fix it in Ryzen hackintosh you must boot by Clover patched by Bronya 4078 version."

How do I do this?

"Copy Bronya's patched Boot to replace the 4077 version and my config.plist to /EFI/CLOVER/"

when I use "diskutil mount /dev/diskns1" and go to the EFI folder, it's empty. Do I make the folder? What are the files and do they all go into the EFI/Clover? And what kernel to use? rc2? rc4?

Thank you

"To fix it in Ryzen hackintosh you must boot by Clover patched by Bronya 4078 version."

How do I do this?

"Copy Bronya's patched Boot to replace the 4077 version and my config.plist to /EFI/CLOVER/"

when I use "diskutil mount /dev/diskns1" and go to the EFI folder, it's empty. Do I make the folder? What are the files and do they all go into the EFI/Clover? And what kernel to use? rc2? rc4?

Thank you

At first you need format an USB flash about >= 4~8 GB in GPT partition.

Then install regular Clover 4077 in its hidden EFI partition.

In ternimal enter "diskutil list" find the location of EFI partition at diskns1

(n should be either 0 or 1 if there are one internal HDD/SSD and one external USB flash)

"diskutil mount /dev/diskns1"

Then the hidden EFI shown in your desktop

If the above procedures were correct, all files you need should be in EFI/CLOVER

Replaced its boot (4077) by Bronya's boot (4078)

Replaced its config.plist by mine

Booted by USB flash

Boot menu shows your Ryzen 10.12.5 partition

Select it and boot

Hello everybody.

i follow tutorial from Gigamaxx on this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/323547-ryzenpatcher-thread-for-channeling-info-about-updates/  at first stoped at language chooser.

then i re-do the tutorial again, and failed just like on the attachment picture. 

any suggestion? 

thanks b4

sorry for my bad english.

post-683901-0-52493900-1496505775_thumb.jpg

Hello everybody.

i follow tutorial from Gigamaxx on this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/323547-ryzenpatcher-thread-for-channeling-info-about-updates/  at first stoped at language chooser.

then i re-do the tutorial again, and failed just like on the attachment picture. 

any suggestion? 

thanks b4

sorry for my bad english.

Did you install sierra on a seperate HDD or SSD using aworking Mac or hackintosh? Once you have a "copy" of Sierra you should run updates from the App Store the run Ryzen patcher.

This looks like you haven't installed a full copy of sierra yet on a "non Ryzen" system. You need to have a working copy of Sierra before starting the guide.

• Like 1