Good news for AMD and VMWARE

semthex

79 posts in this topic

Install fromw idnows usning vmware, problems with VIA IDE + your drives, I got one myself. It is a pain in the ass but the new kernelw ill enable 10.4.8 vmware driven installs.

Are you saying: install 10.4.8 in vmware, then transfer to "real hard drive", and that would enable Native Booting of OSX on the VIA chipset board? And, does an IDE vs. a SATA hard drive, make any difference?

Are you saying: install 10.4.8 in vmware, then transfer to "real hard drive", and that would enable Native Booting of OSX on the VIA chipset board? And, does an IDE vs. a SATA hard drive, make any difference?

No, install it through vmware directly to hdd. VIA IDA does not like the install DVD native.

not that you probably need it but I'd be happy to help testing..I got a AMD Sempron Setup sse3 just waiting for an OS...

not to mention i'd love to get my hands on it so I can get my onboard nvidia 6100 working :hysterical:

thanks for the update and the great work!

If your ever in Jersey I'll buy you a beer/tequilla/random alcoholic beverage

for those who have problems trying to install 10.4.8 onto native hdd thru vmware..

i sort of have a workaround,

u must have both the images for 10.4.7 or earlier (those that boots correctly in vmware) and the image for 10.4.8

configure ur vmware to have 2 cdrom drives, boot using the 10.4.7

when the install dialogue popups for 10.4.7 goto utilities and select terminal, the 10.4.8 dvd should be mounted under /Volumes/<name of disk>

start installer from using command "./Volumes/<name of disk>/Applications/Utilities/Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Installer"

choose /Volumes/<name of disk>/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.pkg from the file dialogue and start the install for 10.4.8

Just a quick note, I've got an AMD SSE3 cpu and system all ready and waiting (10.4.8 with 10.4.4 kernel atm)

I'm a dab hand techy when I need to be so feel free to PM me or contact me if Beta testing is required, I've little else to do :D

Same goes for SEE2 support on Intel platforms.

TSC issue is solved and some others to. Currently some last tests are going on with dual core since it is causing some issues with the second core on AMD isn't recognized correctly, but should be done today. :)

If any of you want to support my dev, look at my blog and donate somehting, any $ helps :-)