Good news for AMD and VMWARE

semthex

79 posts in this topic

Just wanted to announce the pretty babe is up an ealthy, wights 4046 KB and his name is the one from the ancient kings of babylon.

New features:

- AMD "engine" to support patched bins (heard the birds singing they are on their way)

- free fsb select for the overclocking gang

- VMware support for all you virtual freaks

all old features included :hysterical:

Hope you like it :gun:

If you want to support, feel free to donate for a better development enviorment!

Hi everyone !

What is the exact name of the DVD file that the AMD patch is to be applied to ?

I found this on the green demon : MAC OS X 10.4.8 Intel Only Jas re-seed (SSE3 Only - NO AMD)

is this the right one ?

Thanks

DaemonES kernel could go to single only, my kernel could go to single already on monday. I use a special technique to make patching possible otherwise, you won't even succeed with if you try to patch the whole files. Some additional new features in latest beta are AMD and INTEL auto detection and clock fix (alpha) + couple of patcehs related to multi core cpus.

semthex

DaemonES kernel could go to single only, my kernel could go to single already on monday.
This is not a competition, I think thats clear. I've upgraded to 10.4.8 in Thursday, and compiled it at night to Friday, so such comparison is useless. We have different approaches to kernel improvement, and I'll be glad to see if my code or knowledge maybe will be used in you kernel, and I hope you will not be against if I something your's put in my (mifki) :P My tester have the same effect with yours and mifki kernel... I don't like only one thing: all information about your development is closed, we get only PR. All of this factors (signature, status (Lord of the ring0, why no Protected mode master?)) gives the impression that you working not for community...

Anyway, you made good work, well done. I believe with Leopard development process be more clearness and friendly.

semthex This is not a competition, I think thats clear. I've upgraded to 10.4.8 in Thursday, and compiled it at night to Friday, so such comparison is useless. We have different approaches to kernel improvement, and I'll be glad to see if my code or knowledge maybe will be used in you kernel, and I hope you will not be against if I something your's put in my (mifki) :) My tester have the same effect with yours and mifki kernel... I don't like only one thing: all information about your development is closed, we get only PR. All of this factors (signature, status (Lord of the ring0, why no Protected mode master?)) gives the impression that you working not for community...

Anyway, you made good work, well done. I believe with Leopard development process be more clearness and friendly.

Hi DaemonES I don't consider this a competition and I never wanted one sicne the beginning. Was really sad it came on once with mifki, but I wasn't the one who bumped in and caused that. The information on development are not completly closed, but only accessible to a few trusted people until completion of the project. Maybe you want to join IRC and have a look into the community there, it's very great. I won't explain why or why not, cause it really sucks, there are many reason I and the others work like that and i won't discuss it anymore with anyone.

You know I always give credit to people and if I will use code from you, I will give you credit but haven't found any improvment so far (still I remeber I read you still stuck with single usermode?). Btw. there are a lot of various test builds of latest development available and you might want to try one of those (with the according other patches), they are available for everyone, to see it works fairly good. Btw. the bin patching is not simply based on some cracked decrypts, there is a kernel side implementation to make it possible.

Finally we will get a really good and working for all kernel and don't you think this is work for the community?

Anyways I am still lucky since you offered me help with the cpuid and the lists. I think you are a thought guy and I hope we will meet again with Leo. Btw. if you want to work on that with me, you are invited, I would be glad if you join me. I got a close to working version of a bin patched one already.

So long, you will find me on IRC if you want to talk to me :D

Semthex,

I know that this may be off topic, but I just wanted to express my gratitude at all you are doing for this community.

You are what this community is about, and you're willingness to collaborate and be so open and, frankly, nice, is refreshing.

Keep up the great work!!