Build_Clover.command, another Script to build standard Clover (or customized)

Micky1979
2,126 posts in this topic

well that's a lot simpler! and it works.

PS: i made a more space efficient clover icon by using the macOS iconutil to dump out the iconset and removed the 512 and 1024 size.

Edited by tluck
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, vector sigma said:

I want to use that in Clover as well, just I've to decide if use a procompiled version or build it...

It will be good improvement and precompiled version will be enough as the sources located in neighbor project.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 1:59 AM, vector sigma said:

Hi, when I created the build script for the HWSensor project I was looking for a way to set the image for the package but after saw the above lines in Clover last year...I decide to make a tiny command line called seticon (source code here). Attached a prebuilt one, usage:

seticon /path/to/any/image/supported/by/macOS/anyImage.png /path/to/any/file/or/directory

It just require an uncompressed image unlike clover is actually doing...using just one line. Please tell me if works as expected as I hope.

seticon.zip

Thanks, very simple works.

FYI: after the update to 10.14.3 vs beta - the icon thing for the pkg file seems to work again now? 

seems "ditto" for the unzip was temporarily broken -- but now i see the file has a resource fork with unpackaged by ditto

$ ditto -xk Icon.zip Icons

$ ls -l@ Icons/Icon.icns

-rw-r--r--@ 1 tluck  staff  795355 Jun 30  2018 Icon.icns

com.apple.FinderInfo     32

com.apple.ResourceFork 453615

com.apple.quarantine     28

• 3 weeks later...

Currently, having issue building Clover with GCC53 under Ubuntu 18.04.1:

=================================================================
Running from: Ubuntu 18.04
                             <--------------------------------------------------
Compiler settings
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/8/lto-wrapper
OFFLOAD_TARGET_NAMES=nvptx-none
OFFLOAD_TARGET_DEFAULT=1
Target: x86_64-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Ubuntu 8.2.0-1ubuntu2~18.04' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-8/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,ada,c++,go,brig,d,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --with-gcc-major-version-only --program-suffix=-8 --program-prefix=x86_64-linux-gnu- --enable-shared --enable-linker-build-id --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-nls --with-sysroot=/ --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes --with-default-libstdcxx-abi=new --enable-gnu-unique-object --disable-vtable-verify --enable-libmpx --enable-plugin --enable-default-pie --with-system-zlib --with-target-system-zlib --enable-objc-gc=auto --enable-multiarch --disable-werror --with-arch-32=i686 --with-abi=m64 --with-multilib-list=m32,m64,mx32 --enable-multilib --with-tune=generic --enable-offload-targets=nvptx-none --without-cuda-driver --enable-checking=release --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --target=x86_64-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 8.2.0 (Ubuntu 8.2.0-1ubuntu2~18.04) 
BUILDTOOL is GCC53

nasm check:
NASM version 2.13.02
Loading previous configuration from /home/badruzeus/src/edk2/Conf/BuildEnv.sh
WORKSPACE: /home/badruzeus/src/edk2
EDK_TOOLS_PATH: /home/badruzeus/src/edk2/BaseTools
CONF_PATH: /home/badruzeus/src/edk2/Conf

Screenshot from 2019-02-12 23-04-54.png

Built succeeded on OS X 10.11.6 with Xcode 8.2.1 though.

Edited by Badruzeus

It is a bug of GCC53. The variable TextHeight defined exactly in same places and there are no such messages about it.

You may insert a line

INTN BCSMargin = 11;

somewhere above this line to check if the issue will be resolved.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Wackymac said:

anyway to get around nasm.us being down?

there are few extra sources which have all (quite) the repositories up you can google it and you'll find...

i used 'em to get my ffmpeg and handbrake builds done

can't remember the exact address since i didn't saved it, but its stored onto an Universitity server in colorado if i'm not mistaken...

you should find one even on github

Edited by LAbyOne

20 minutes ago, Slice said:

Just a question, who can rewrite existing buildnasm.sh script to use this new address?

Download sources as

git clone --depth 1 https://repo.or.cz/nasm.git

LOL i was wrong about colorado :) its oregon!!!

Anyway @Slice simply replace this line and all will be allright

curl -f -o download.tmp --remote-name https://www.nasm.us/pub/nasm/releasebuilds/${NASM_VERSION}/$tarball || exit 1

to   ->

curl -f -o download.tmp --remote-name https://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/blfs/conglomeration/nasm/$tarball || exit 1

buildnasm.sh

Edited by LAbyOne
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

curl -f -o download.tmp --remote-name https://www.nasm.us/pub/nasm/releasebuilds/${NASM_VERSION}/$tarball || exit 1

to   ->

curl -f -o download.tmp --remote-name https://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/blfs/conglomeration/nasm/$tarball || exit 1

buildnasm.sh

Thanks, committed!

On 2/13/2019 at 6:00 PM, Slice said:

It is a bug of GCC53. The variable TextHeight defined exactly in same places and there are no such messages about it.

You may insert a line

INTN BCSMargin = 11;

somewhere above this line to check if the issue will be resolved.

Problem SOLVED. Thank you.

#EDIT: Also suceeded built under Ubuntu 18.04.2 with NASM 2.14.02:

================================================================================
BUILDTOOL is GCC53

================================================================================
nasm check:
NASM version 2.14.02 compiled on Feb 14 2019
Loading previous configuration from /home/badruzeus/src/edk2/Conf/BuildEnv.sh
WORKSPACE: /home/badruzeus/src/edk2
EDK_TOOLS_PATH: /home/badruzeus/src/edk2/BaseTools
CONF_PATH: /home/badruzeus/src/edk2/Conf

build started at:
Thu Feb 14 22:54:47 WIB 2019
finished at
Thu Feb 14 22:59:30 WIB 2019

Done!

Clover was built successfully!

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Wackymac said:

ah, i thought in the build script

The script is not modified at this time. We have to wait a bit to update the new nasm support. I think.

EDIT: nasm.us seems to be active again. Just change nasmpreferred to 2.14.12 in the script instead of 2.13.03

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 2:21 PM, Slice said:

Thanks, committed!

On 2/14/2019 at 2:01 PM, LAbyOne said:

to   ->

buildnasm.sh

nasm.us seems to be active again. What is the difference between nasm.us and ftp.osuosl.org? Please.

Capture d’écran 2019-02-15 à 16.05.11.png

Its obvious

SINCE nasm.us was down, the reasonable option to get New Users build Clover was to add a NEW source for nasm, 

Obviously again for all who already had a src folder from previous builds hence having already compiled all needed tools into opt folder wouldn't notice that it would compromise the compilation

So to reply your answer (if it wasn't clear) 

there's no difference in sources

only the server changed

and if you want you can now replace (inversing the addresses you quoted) to original state

3 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

Its obvious

SINCE nasm.us was down, the reasonable option to get New Users build Clover was to add a NEW source for nasm, 

Obviously again for all who already had a src folder from previous builds hence having already compiled all needed tools into opt folder wouldn't notice that it would compromise the compilation

So to reply your answer (if it wasn't clear) 

there's no difference in sources

only the server changed

and if you want you can now replace (inversing the addresses you quoted) to original state

Hi

But nasm.us is active again. Just put NASM_PREFERRED="2.14.02" in the script. All works fine for new src folder.

Sorry for my bad english

Is the script working ok currently, I haven't updated in a few weeks and it just failed on me (Also after letting it create a new /src folder)?

Building AptioFixPkg

Build environment: Darwin-16.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Build start time: 23:06:02, Feb.20 2019

WORKSPACE        = /Users/dan/src/edk2
ECP_SOURCE       = /Users/dan/src/edk2/EdkCompatibilityPkg
EDK_SOURCE       = /Users/dan/src/edk2/EdkCompatibilityPkg
EFI_SOURCE       = /Users/dan/src/edk2/EdkCompatibilityPkg
EDK_TOOLS_PATH   = /Users/dan/src/edk2/BaseTools
CONF_PATH        = /Users/dan/src/edk2/Conf

Architecture(s)  = X64
Build target     = RELEASE
Toolchain        = XCODE8

Active Platform          = /Users/dan/src/edk2/AptioFixPkg/AptioFixPkg.dsc

Processing meta-data ..

build.py...
/Users/dan/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLib.inf(519): error 000E: File/directory not found in workspace
	/Users/dan/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/X86SpeculationBarrier.c

- Failed -
Build end time: 23:06:04, Feb.20 2019
Build total time: 00:00:02

Building AppleSupportPkg

Build start time: 23:06:04, Feb.20 2019

Architecture(s)  = X64

Active Platform          = /Users/dan/src/edk2/AppleSupportPkg/AppleSupportPkg.dsc

Processing meta-data .

build.py...
/Users/dan/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLib.inf(519): error 000E: File/directory not found in workspace

- Failed -
Build end time: 23:06:06, Feb.20 2019
Build total time: 00:00:02

Building Clover
boot6
TOOLCHAIN_DIR: /Users/dan/src/opt/local
MTOC_PREFIX: /usr/local/bin/
NASM_PREFIX: /Users/dan/src/opt/local/bin/
NASM_VER: 2.13.03
Building from: /Users/dan/src/edk2

Running edk2 build for CloverX64 using the command:
build  -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED --conf=/Users/dan/src/edk2/Conf -D USE_LOW_EBDA -p Clover/Clover.dsc  -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE8 -n 9 

Build start time: 23:06:07, Feb.20 2019

Architecture(s)  = X64

Active Platform          = /Users/dan/src/edk2/Clover/Clover.dsc
Flash Image Definition   = /Users/dan/src/edk2/Clover/Clover.fdf

Processing meta-data ...

build.py...

- Failed -
Build end time: 23:06:11, Feb.20 2019
Build total time: 00:00:03

o_Ops, ./ebuild.sh exited with error(s), aborting..
Dans-Mac-mini:~ dan$ 

Build_Clover.commandV4.9.5,Clover-4881,OSX_10.13.6,XCODE-10.1,EDK2-28853,TC=XCODE8

[CC] MultS64x64
/Users/z77x/src/edk2/OcSupportPkg/Library/OcMiscLib/Base64Decode.c:54:1: error: conflicting types for 'Base64Decode'
Base64Decode (
^
/Users/z77x/src/edk2/MdePkg/Include/Library/BaseLib.h:2812:1: note: previous declaration is here
Base64Decode (
^
1 error generated.
[SLINK] UefiHiiServicesLib
Building ... /Users/z77x/src/edk2/OcSupportPkg/Library/OcTimerLib/OcTimerLib.inf [X64]
make: *** [/Users/z77x/src/edk2/Build/AppleSupportPkg/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/OcSupportPkg/Library/OcMiscLib/OcMiscLib/OUTPUT/Base64Decode.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/z77x/src/edk2/Build/AppleSupportPkg/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/OcSupportPkg/Library/OcMiscLib/OcMiscLib]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/Users/z77x/src/edk2/OcSupportPkg/Library/OcMiscLib/OcMiscLib.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 08:35:46, Feb.21 2019
Build total time: 00:00:08

logComp4881(TC=XCODE8.txt

• Sad 1