Patch for using NVMe under macOS Sierra is ready.

1,382 posts in this topic

Can anyone confirm if the Plextor M8Pe is running fine? Are *all* current NVMe drives supposed to be working with the patch?

I've seen some people reporting that it doesn't work but it was smooth for me with a Samsung 950 Pro

Can anyone confirm if the Plextor M8Pe is running fine? Are *all* current NVMe drives supposed to be working with the patch?

I've seen some people reporting that it doesn't work but it was smooth for me with a Samsung 950 Pro

My two Plextor M8Pe  M2 256GB & 512GB were not working by this patching.

If someone got it working, please share how to fix it.

Racer hellò

./patch_nvme.sh --spoof 10_12_2

the kext that generates the command, now i can take advantage of the installer?

Read the README.  And threads (some here, some on tmx) linked from the README.

• Like 1

I would like to know if they are compatible as well. If I have time I'll mess around with mine and see what happens.

Thanks

Plextor M8Pe is not working with RehabMan NVMe patches :-(

Any idea how to get it working?

If true, Pike's patches are not compatible with it. It could be there is some other compatibility problem with that specific device, not accounted for in Pike's patches.

sorry for my bad english write i'm french...
I have many questions about RehabMan NVMe patches...

actualy i have a system 100% functional (message, app store, facetime handoff etc...)
i use an Asus Z97-pro (wifi ac) with a "standard" SSD (850 pro)
but I recently installed an M2 ssd on my motherboard port with "NVMeGeneric.kext" (intel P series 600 for test)
for installation I followed the guide on tonymac with clover for El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G1212)
It works but my ssd is recognized as external and transfers are bad (Reading 680 instead of 1700Mb/s)

I would like use RehabMan NVMe patches but i don't understand "/System/Library/Extensions/IONVMeFamily.kext must be vanilla"
Someone could explain to me how to be vanilla??
Because I get this error

Creating patched HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext
WARNING: Vanilla MD5 (b3b4dd50b2bbd9cc4dc901fad12643ac) does not match expected MD5 (80b47eaa978c8e7b3cbfebf7a2cb58b5)
WARNING: Patched MD5 (6ea6fd529ee962f6308b95a854897556) does not match expected MD5 (040b01cd4bfb18b8df793b96998810b7)

thank you in advance for your response

sorry for my bad english write i'm french...

I have many questions about RehabMan NVMe patches...

actualy i have a system 100% functional (message, app store, facetime handoff etc...)

i use an Asus Z97-pro (wifi ac) with a "standard" SSD (850 pro)

but I recently installed an M2 ssd on my motherboard port with "NVMeGeneric.kext" (intel P series 600 for test)

for installation I followed the guide on tonymac with clover for El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G1212)

It works but my ssd is recognized as external and transfers are bad (Reading 680 instead of 1700Mb/s)

I would like use RehabMan NVMe patches but i don't understand "/System/Library/Extensions/IONVMeFamily.kext must be vanilla"

Someone could explain to me how to be vanilla??

Because I get this error

Creating patched HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext

WARNING: Vanilla MD5 (b3b4dd50b2bbd9cc4dc901fad12643ac) does not match expected MD5 (80b47eaa978c8e7b3cbfebf7a2cb58b5)

WARNING: Patched MD5 (6ea6fd529ee962f6308b95a854897556) does not match expected MD5 (040b01cd4bfb18b8df793b96998810b7)

thank you in advance for your response

It is because you're trying to use the patch file for 10.11.6, when you have 10.11.6 with security update 2016-003 installed.

As per README, you must use the patch file that exactly matches the version of OS X/macOS you're running.

Use "./patch_nvme.sh 10_11_6_sec2016-003"

It is because you're trying to use the patch file for 10.11.6, when you have 10.11.6 with security update 2016-003 installed.

As per README, you must use the patch file that exactly matches the version of OS X/macOS you're running.

Use "./patch_nvme.sh 10_11_6_sec2016-003"

Thank you for your quick reply !!!!!!

It seems that it works now ...

I will test the kext with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or have you some better?

Creating patched HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6_sec2016-003.kext

Vanilla MD5 matches expected MD5 entry (b3b4dd50b2bbd9cc4dc901fad12643ac)

Patched MD5 matches expected MD5 entry (6ea6fd529ee962f6308b95a854897556)

macpro:patch-nvme-master Jazzy$

I removed Pike's patches from my config.plist (working 100%), and I tried:

./patch_nvme.sh --spoof 10_12_0

placed the generated HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_0.kext in Clover kexts folder

Recongizes the SSD during Clover boot loader, but fails during the boot process (O+X icon) toward the end of boot.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I place it inside S/L/E instead? 

Creating patched HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_0.kext
Vanilla MD5 matches expected MD5 entry (68e7cad234ccf6b76cee6f7ba667c173)
Patched MD5 matches expected MD5 entry (827266cb03218ec46566f69c56eb3548)

EDIT :

I deleted "NVMeGeneric.kext" in EFI/clover/kext/10.11

I injected HackrNVMeFamily in S/L/E

reboot... and.... nothing... lol

may be I miss an episode?

no.jpg

You didn't mention what SSD device you have.

You didn't mention whether you used --spoof with patch_nvme.sh or not (--spoof requires injection of class-code).

HackrNVMeFamily in /S/L/E is not "injection". It is installation. Must be done with the proper tools.

I removed Pike's patches from my config.plist (working 100%), and I tried:

./patch_nvme.sh --spoof 10_12_0

placed the generated HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_0.kext in Clover kexts folder

Recongizes the SSD during Clover boot loader, but fails during the boot process (O+X icon) toward the end of boot.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I place it inside S/L/E instead? 

--spoof requires injection of the special class-code.

Without it, the kext will not match on native class-code.

You didn't mention what SSD device you have.

You didn't mention whether you used --spoof with patch_nvme.sh or not (--spoof requires injection of class-code).

HackrNVMeFamily in /S/L/E is not "injection". It is installation. Must be done with the proper tools.

my SSD is an Intel 600p 256Go for testing

is not expensive but it is the worst ssd nvme

Later I thinking buying a 950 pro...

--spoof? class code?? proper tools??? I am novice it becomes too complicated for me lol

A full detailed tutorial would be welcome

sometime When it's too technical It's difficult for me to understand all

i'm not english :(

--spoof? class code?? proper tools??? I am novice it becomes too complicated for me lol

For proper installation of kexts, use Kext Wizard.

Read patch-nvme README and related links.

--spoof requires injection of the special class-code.

Without it, the kext will not match on native class-code.

I went with the other option and removed IONvmeFamily.ktext and rebuilt cache instead. Injected the gen'd HackrNvmeFamily.ktext via EFI->Clover->Ktext->10.12... The OS recognizes the drive, but only as external. Since IONvmeFamily.ktext is gone from S/L/E, is there an alternative to make it internal? Slap it inside S/L/E? Or just leave it as is?

MFgvUo2.png

is not expensive but it is the worst ssd nvme

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hackrnvmefamily-co-existence-with-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

Unfortunately,  I don't have Windows installed, so it makes finding the SSD controller a bit more difficult.

I went with the other option and removed IONvmeFamily.ktext and rebuilt cache instead. Injected the gen'd HackrNvmeFamily.ktext via EFI->Clover->Ktext->10.12... The OS recognizes the drive, but only as external.

It means your SSD has no ACPI identity. If you go through the class-code spoofing process, you'll kill two birds with one stone:

- updates will be easier due to co-existing with IONVMeFamily.kext

- the device will be recognized as internal