Patch for using NVMe under macOS Sierra is ready.

1,382 posts in this topic

therefore, I have to create a new kext from your repo?

I am confuse now

Yes, after every update ... you would create a new kext that matches the system you're now running by using patch_nvme.sh.

• Like 1

I have the problem when i want to start a clean sierra installation.

My M2 Samsung 960 evo don´t appear in the disk utility.

I patch with the patch_nvme.sh the version 10.12.2 and move to the USB/efi/clover/kext/other and move SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml to USB/efi/Clover/ACPI/Patched . What i have to do?.

I read a lot of messages but i can´t found the solution.

Sorry for my english.

Thx a lot

I have the problem when i want to start a clean sierra installation.

My M2 Samsung 960 evo don´t appear in the disk utility.

I patch with the patch_nvme.sh the version 10.12.2 and move to the USB/efi/clover/kext/other and move SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml to USB/efi/Clover/ACPI/Patched . What i have to do?.

I read a lot of messages but i can´t found the solution.

Sorry for my english.

Thx a lot

Did you use the correct ACPI path in your SSDT.

Did you make sure it is loading via Clover? (if using SortedOrder, must be sure it is listed).

Did you add the _DSM->XDSM patch?

i'm back....
Finally, I bought another Nvme drive...  samsung 950 pro 256Gb
(I have not the choice samsung disks are out of stock in france And no one knows when they will be available)

now it's work....
The drive is recognized as internal

almost everything is ok but I still have a little problem
when I use the spoof option the kext doesn't work and the computer doesn't want to start
If I don't use the spoof option, the computer starts but I'm getting 750mb/s on read and write

motherboard : asus Z97 pro (wifi ac)
El Capitan 10.11.6
and i  use M2 10
Gb/s slot not PCie card

Any suggestions?

post-1204234-0-67228200-1484775958_thumb.png

i'm back....

Finally, I bought another Nvme drive...  samsung 950 pro 256Gb

(I have not the choice samsung disks are out of stock in france And no one knows when they will be available)

now it's work....

The drive is recognized as internal

almost everything is ok but I still have a little problem

when I use the spoof option the kext doesn't work and the computer doesn't want to start

If I don't use the spoof option, the computer starts but I'm getting 750mb/s on read and write

motherboard : asus Z97 pro (wifi ac)

El Capitan 10.11.6

and i  use M2 10 Gb/s slot not PCie card

Any suggestions?

Make sure you're using the correct version!!!

./patch_nvme.sh --spoof 10_11_6_sec2016-003

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312803-patch-for-using-nvme-under-macos-sierra-is-ready/page-35?do=findComment&comment=2342891

If you are, then try just using Pike patches (the EFI folder I sent to you awhile back) and see if you get a recognized SSD and full speeds. If you don't, then it's your SSD and/or you need to update to 10.12.

Make sure you're using the correct version!!!

./patch_nvme.sh --spoof 10_11_6_sec2016-003

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312803-patch-for-using-nvme-under-macos-sierra-is-ready/page-35?do=findComment&comment=2342891

If you are, then try just using Pike patches (the EFI folder I sent to you awhile back) and see if you get a recognized SSD and full speeds. If you don't, then it's your SSD and/or you need to update to 10.12.

I used the right version now....

But when I use the spoof command to create the kext the computer does not want to start...

I tried without and it works but with reduced speeds

I tried with the Pike patches and i have the same problem....

i can't update to sierra.... My external sound card is not functional with sierra and some of my software too (eg. Protools)

I'm disappointed :(

I make music with my hachintosh and I need a good sound card

post-1204234-0-67079900-1484807343_thumb.jpg

But when I use the spoof command to create the kext the computer does not want to start...

I tried with the Pike patches and i have the same problem....

i can't update to sierra.... My external sound card is not functional with sierra and some of my software too (eg. Protools)

I'm disappointed :(

I make music with my hachintosh and I need a good sound card

Try using these patches instead:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312803-patch-for-using-nvme-under-macos-sierra-is-ready/?do=findComment&comment=2246600

Then report back. 

--spoof generated kext requires the correct class-code injection (usually done via an SSDT).

it works... but same problem....

and link speed detected only in 5Gb/s

--spoof generated kext requires the correct class-code injection (usually done via an SSDT).

I followed the tutorial

I did exactly the same thing

post-1204234-0-25638000-1484839580_thumb.png

post-1204234-0-76819900-1484839957_thumb.jpg

it works... but same problem....

and link speed detected only in 5Gb/s

I followed the tutorial

I did exactly the same thing

Seems likely a hardware/install/setup issue. Test performance on Windows for comparison.

I have already tested ...

Under window 7 it works at the right speed

Let's see what you're actually doing.

Attach ioreg (IORegistryExplorer v2.1)

Attach EFI/Clover (as ZIP, without themes, but with ACPI/origin [press F4 to generate EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin prior to collecting]).

Attach output of (in Terminal):

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Let's see what you're actually doing.

Attach ioreg (IORegistryExplorer v2.1)

Attach EFI/Clover (as ZIP, without themes, but with ACPI/origin [press F4 to generate EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin prior to collecting]).

Attach output of (in Terminal):

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Now you have everything ....

I hope you find

config.zip

Sorry, I have 2 version of IORegistryExplorer

I wanted to make quick to send it to you and I was wrong

Here is the right one

This ioreg was not captured after booting with the EFI/Clover you attached in post #813.

The config.plist in config.zip has 2 KextsToPatch.

But the Clover bootlog extracted from this ioreg shows 15 KextsToPatch:

0:101  0:000  KextsToPatch: 15 requested
You will need to provide files that represent accurately what you're doing.

This ioreg was not captured after booting with the EFI/Clover you attached in post #813.

The config.plist in config.zip has 2 KextsToPatch.

But the Clover bootlog extracted from this ioreg shows 15 KextsToPatch:

0:101  0:000  KextsToPatch: 15 requested
You will need to provide files that represent accurately what you're doing.

I did it

I start again....

Hoping I didn't make a mistake this time

I did it

I start again....

Note also that your attempt to use the class-code spoof in the CLOVER in config.zip cannot be expected to work:

HackrNVMeFamily*.kext is missing from EFI/Clover/kexts and your kextcache output shows it is not installed.

Note also that your attempt to use the class-code spoof in the CLOVER in config.zip cannot be expected to work:

HackrNVMeFamily*.kext is missing from EFI/Clover/kexts and your kextcache output shows it is not installed.

I don't understand....

HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6_sec2016-003 is present in my EFI kext file (i put it in 10.11 for El capitan)

But it is not with spoof otherwise the computer will not boot

if you don't find I give up ... so much worse I will stay with my bad transfers

It is more faster than a classic sdd .. more expensive but faster

I'll have to content myself

I don't understand....

HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6_sec2016-003 is present in my EFI kext file (i put it in 10.11 for El capitan)

But it is not with spoof otherwise the computer will not boot

if you don't find I give up ... so much worse I will stay with my bad transfers

It is more faster than a classic sdd .. more expensive but faster

I'll have to content myself

Provide a complete EFI with EVERYTHING inside of it (even if it doesn't work, put everything inside of the folder as if you were to test and run it). Otherwise, there's no way to trace the problem!

In other words, copy your current EFI to your desktop, place generated hackrnvmefamily.kext inside of kext folder, place generated ssdt inside of ACPI patched folder, provide an IOReg dump and place that inside of the EFI folder as well, then compress the EFI folder and upload it.

Or... even better, place the EFI folder with everything into the NVMe. Restart your computer. Boot into the BIOS and make sure the "bad" NVMe is the first to boot. Then, when at the Clover Boot screen, press F4 to dump ACPI files. After 5 seconds, restart your computer, go into the BIOS, change the boot priority to another SSD (one that can boot into OS), then mount the "bad" NVMe with Clover Configurator and copy/paste the entire EFI folder to your desktop. Then provide an IOReg dump and place that inside of the EFI folder as well, then compress the EFI folder and upload it. 

Provide a complete EFI with EVERYTHING inside of it (even if it doesn't work, put everything inside of the folder as if you were to test and run it). Otherwise, there's no way to trace the problem!

In other words, copy your current EFI to your desktop, place generated hackrnvmefamily.kext inside of kext folder, place generated ssdt inside of ACPI patched folder, provide an IOReg dump and place that inside of the EFI folder as well, then compress the EFI folder and upload it.

I did it

Download config 2 (just above)

I put back the link

I did it

Download config 2 (just above)

I put back the link

Missing _DSM patch!

_DSM methods at _SB.PCI0.RP01 and _SB.PCI0.RP01.PXSX.

Decompiled DSDT, renamed both _DSM methods to XDSM, renamed EHC1 to EHX1 and EHC2 to EHX2, then recompiled. Added to CLOVER->ACPI->patched  (since we're now using a modified DSDT, I renamed your USBs to EHX1/EHX2, so your USB injection should still inject to EH0/EH1, however, there's a chance your USBs may not work, so you'll have to test -- if they don't, use EFIv2).

Refactored SSDT-NVMe-Pcc for built-in class. Added to CLOVER->ACPI->patched.

Added drop tables in config.plist, removed DSDT patches, removed sorted order, removed Pike's external patch in KextsToPatch and moved HackrNVMeFamily.kext to kexts->other.

Try this EFI and see if it works.

Else, try EFIv2 and see if it works.

Report results.

jeanchrijaz-EFIv2.zip

jeanchrijaz-EFI.zip

• Like 1

I did it

I start again....

Hoping I didn't make a mistake this time

No ioreg here, but...

You likely have a _DSM method at that path. But you don't have the _DSM->XDSM patch.

Missing _DSM patch!

Decompiled DSDT, renamed both _DSM methods to XDSM, renamed EHC1 to EHX1 and EHC2 to EHX2, then recompiled. Added to CLOVER->ACPI->patched  (since we're now using a modified DSDT, I renamed your USBs to EHX1/EHX2, so your USB injection should still inject to EH0/EH1, however, there's a chance your USBs may not work, so you'll have to test -- if they don't, use EFIv2).

Added drop tables in config.plist, removed DSDT patches, removed sorted order, removed Pike's external patch in KextsToPatch and moved HackrNVMeFamily.kext to kexts->other.

Report results.

thanks for your help...

I'm unlucky nothing works

with EFI & EFI v2 my system won't start

No ioreg here, but...

You likely have a _DSM method at that path. But you don't have the _DSM->XDSM patch.

I don't know how to do it :(

ok.... all work on my configuration

USB3, messages, airdrop, power nap, handoff apple store etc....

congratulation for your great work

but never mind for NVme speed transfers... I will stay like this

Thank you very much for trying to help me

now it gets too complicated for me and I don't have skills to solve the problem

Missing _DSM patch!

Report results.

At least for jeanchrijaz-EFI.zip, HackrNVMeFamily was generated without --spoof.

This is one of those cases where you really have to pay attention to detail. If you get just one thing wrong, it doesn't work.