Patch for using NVMe under macOS Sierra is ready.

1,382 posts in this topic

@Jsl :

Same problem... my NVMe is CX2-8B512-Q11 NVMe LITEON 512GB

Clover r3923

Osx 10.2.1 (16B2657)

in 10.2.1, if I put the modded kext or IONVMeFamily (patched by clover) into CLOVER/Kext/Other, it won't load, need to be in S/L/E

and finally my NVMe is..... Ven_14A4 & Dev_2200

3 days on this problem : No result...

@Jsl :

Same problem... my NVMe is CX2-8B512-Q11 NVMe LITEON 512GB

Clover r3923

Osx 10.2.1 (16B2657)

in 10.2.1, if I put the modded kext or IONVMeFamily (patched by clover) into CLOVER/Kext/Other, it won't load, need to be in S/L/E

and finally my NVMe is..... Ven_14A4 & Dev_2200

3 days on this problem : No result...

1. Have you edited DevID in patch_nvme.sh to yours ?

2. Was your HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_1.kext loaded ?

3. Can you post your IORegistryExplorer 2.1 output ?

4. What is MD5 for your HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_1.kext's binary ?

I need these info for comparison and try to fix it as soon as possible.

I managed to come up with a method that allows vanilla IONVMeFamily.kext to co-exist with HackrNVMeFamily*.kext.

The trick is to spoof the class-code such that IONVMeFamily.kext IOPCIClassMatch doesn't match.

Hi RehabMan, I create SSDT, change the IOPCIClassMatch in HackrNVMeFamily's Info.plist and return IONVMeFamily.kext to S/L/E but NVMe disks don't shows up. I have two NVMe disks, can you please look into my SSDT if I create it right way? Im using MaciASL with ACPI 6.1. Thanks.

EDIT: There must be something wrong with my SSDT, when I use my SSDT without IONVMeFamily.kext in S/L/E, NVMe disks works even when I don't change the IOPCIClassMatch in HackrNVMeFamily's Info.plist. So bogus class-code is not injected.

Here is my ioreg and SSDT I created.

SPARKpro.zip

SSDT-NVME-BOGUS.aml.zip

Hi,RehabMan. I guess HackrNVMeFamily uses [/size]IONameMatch [/size]instead of [/size]IOPCIClassMatch .We need only a SSDT. Is it possible?[/size]

Using IONameMatch is possible (read the script itself). But the script, as in github, uses IOPCIClassMatch.

I don't know what you mean by "We need only a SSDT". If that is a statement, it is wrong. If that is a question, the answer is "No... read README at patch-nvme github".

Hi RehabMan, I create SSDT, change the IOPCIClassMatch in HackrNVMeFamily's Info.plist and return IONVMeFamily.kext to S/L/E but NVMe disks don't shows up. I have two NVMe disks, can you please look into my SSDT if I create it right way? Im using MaciASL with ACPI 6.1. Thanks.

EDIT: There must be something wrong with my SSDT, when I use my SSDT without IONVMeFamily.kext in S/L/E, NVMe disks works even when I don't change the IOPCIClassMatch in HackrNVMeFamily's Info.plist. So bogus class-code is not injected.

Here is my ioreg and SSDT I created.

Your Clover bootlog (extracted from ioreg) shows that the SSDT is not installed in ACPI/patched.

4:017  0:000  Start: Processing Patched AML(s): Unsorted
4:017  0:000  Inserting SSDT.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
4:022  0:005  End: Processing Patched AML(s)

Your Clover bootlog (extracted from ioreg) shows that the SSDT is not installed in ACPI/patched.

Yeah, i saved ioreg without SSDT installed... but when i have it installed, it is inserted with success... but bogus class-code is not injected. My SSDT looks ok to you?

Yeah, i saved ioreg without SSDT installed... but when i have it installed, it is inserted with success... but bogus class-code is not injected. My SSDT looks ok to you?

You must provide files that actually correspond to what you're doing.

Also, need EFI/Clover (don't forget to press F4 so ACPI/origin is populated).

You must provide files that actually correspond to what you're doing.

Also, need EFI/Clover (don't forget to press F4 so ACPI/origin is populated).

Ok, but i cant boot with IONVMeFamily.kext in S/L/E so i provide requested files without it installed. Im out from computer now so i send it asap. Thanks.

Ok, but i cant boot with IONVMeFamily.kext in S/L/E so i provide requested files without it installed. Im out from computer now so i send it asap. Thanks.

IONVMeFamily.kext is irrelevant. Keep it removed until you resolve the injection issue.

You can also inject the standard class-code and verify the injection is done via ioreg:IOACPIPlane.

Once you have it working, you can put the modified HackrNVMeFamily in place and enable the bogus class-code..

Without seeing your files, based on what you provided so far, I'm guessing you have a _DSM already at each of those paths in OEM ACPI, but did not remove it... duplicate _DSM means first one wins. I use a config.plist patch to rename all _DSM -> XDSM, such that it is not a problem.

Using IONameMatch is possible (read the script itself). But the script, as in github, uses IOPCIClassMatch.

I don't know what you mean by "We need only a SSDT". If that is a statement, it is wrong. If that is a question, the answer is "No... read README at patch-nvme github".

It need only a SSDT to finish co-exsit in CLOVER. And changing the IOPCIClassMatch is unnecessary in HackrNVMeFamily.

IONVMeFamily.kext is irrelevant. Keep it removed until you resolve the injection issue.

You can also inject the standard class-code and verify the injection is done via ioreg:IOACPIPlane.

Once you have it working, you can put the modified HackrNVMeFamily in place and enable the bogus class-code..

Without seeing your files, based on what you provided so far, I'm guessing you have a _DSM already at each of those paths in OEM ACPI, but did not remove it... duplicate _DSM means first one wins. I use a config.plist patch to rename all _DSM -> XDSM, such that it is not a problem.

You're right, RehabMan, i have _DSM on those paths in DSDT, so i add bogus class-code right in DSDT and now all works. Thanks.

It need only a SSDT to finish co-exsit in CLOVER. And changing the IOPCIClassMatch is unnecessary in HackrNVMeFamily.

No. A working SSDT to inject the bogus class-code will prevent HackrNVMeFamily from loading.

You're right, RehabMan, i have _DSM on those paths in DSDT, so i add bogus class-code right in DSDT and now all works. Thanks.

Yes, I see now in your ioreg/IOACPIPlane that you're using a _DSM method (that you added) to inject APPL,slot-name, model, name, device-id, etc.

Not sure why you're injecting device-id, but ok...

In the case you already have added a _DSM method to your DSDT (should really be done in an SSDT), adding the "class-code" injection to it is required.

Following Mork vom Ork's steps in post #8, using R.Alpha's IONVMeFamily.kext. All work perfectly!

Big Thank to Mori and R.Alpha!!!

May I know which model of your NVMe SSD was used ?

Is it a Samsung 950 or others ?

No. A working SSDT to inject the bogus class-code will prevent HackrNVMeFamily from loading.

Yes, I see now in your ioreg/IOACPIPlane that you're using a _DSM method (that you added) to inject APPL,slot-name, model, name, device-id, etc.

Not sure why you're injecting device-id, but ok...

In the case you already have added a _DSM method to your DSDT (should really be done in an SSDT), adding the "class-code" injection to it is required.

Thanks for you work.

Yes, i did it too, but no result.

Curiously, if i put it in Clover/kext/Other, like IONVMEFamily: NO load, if i put him into S/L/E (of course : rebuild cache,etc...) : YES

And if i try to patch via Clover : NO load too.

i'll try as soon as possible

Same problem, the MD5 is not good

Yes, i did it too, but no result.

Curiously, if i put it in Clover/kext/Other, like IONVMEFamily: NO load, if i put him into S/L/E (of course : rebuild cache,etc...) : YES

And if i try to patch via Clover : NO load too.

i'll try as soon as possible

Same problem, the MD5 is not good

May I suggest:

1. install HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_1.kext in /System/Library/Extensions

2. Make sure it was loaded and shown in "about this mackintosh"->Extensions

3. check whether its MD5 is 291b7e63764598ac8052c8a363964cb8 or not

4. If it is the same MD5, please show your IORegistryExplorer 2.1 output

May I suggest:

Don't forget that IONVMeFamily.kext must be deleted unless you're using the class-code spoof as discussed in #569.

• Like 2

May I suggest:

i do this Too

To check if the kext was loaded : i do this Too.

i'll do this when i'll be with the machine ;Op

Don't forget that IONVMeFamily.kext must be deleted unless you're using the class-code spoof as discussed in #569.

Yes, and i do it too.