Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,025 posts in this topic

To be certain, "PB3" vs "PB5"

claes2:~ claes$ MD5 /Users/claes/Downloads/WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01.16A270f.pkg 
MD5 (/Users/claes/Downloads/WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01.16A270f.pkg) = 6771efaa5d2e4b42f949ff8f47b574ee
claes2:~ claes$ MD5 /Users/claes/Downloads/WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01.pkg 
MD5 (/Users/claes/Downloads/WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01.pkg) = 6771efaa5d2e4b42f949ff8f47b574ee
claes2:~ claes$ shasum /Users/claes/Downloads/WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01.16A270f.pkg 
b0ffda809817c6dc142ca18cfd2572e0fdd8b216  /Users/claes/Downloads/WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01.16A270f.pkg
claes2:~ claes$ shasum /Users/claes/Downloads/WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01.pkg 
b0ffda809817c6dc142ca18cfd2572e0fdd8b216  /Users/claes/Downloads/WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01.pkg

Just updated to PB 5 (16A294a) and "latest"??? driver WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01 and sadly there is STILL no joy getting these to load for my GTX 750 Ti. I reckon we're very close to the Golden Master now if indeed this is not it... and this time round nVidia doesn't seem to have all the bases covered. I realize this is still beta all around but no Multiple Monitor Support and white unblocking lines particularly on menus is not a good sign this late in the game!

Just updated to PB 5 (16A294a) and "latest"??? driver WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01 and sadly there is STILL no joy getting these to load for my GTX 750 Ti. I reckon we're very close to the Golden Master now if indeed this is not it... and this time round nVidia doesn't seem to have all the bases covered. I realize this is still beta all around but no Multiple Monitor Support and white unblocking lines particularly on menus is not a good sign this late in the game!

What does "nvram -p" output in terminal?

what is your issue with GTX750Ti?

mine is working with PB5

Nothing but tears and pulling out clumps of hair! This 367.10.10.05b0367.10.10.05b0 patch is utterly useless on my system. Simply refuses to load every time! Where Graphics should be reading NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2047 MB it only reads Display 6Mb.

I Sincerely hope there will be a stable working driver that supports all Metal Cards by the time the GM is announced - and that can't be far away at all now. Doubt very much indeed that this is a Clover issue as El Capitan and nVidia have been great throughout and indeed I don't recall too many issues like this in the betas. Here we've gone from PB3 to PB5 in a short window indeed a.d we have had the same patched driver rather than an updated one that works!

post-700494-0-09156500-1471395742_thumb.jpg

Nothing but tears and pulling out clumps of hair! This 367.10.10.05b0367.10.10.05b0 patch is utterly useless on my system. Simply refuses to load every time! Where Graphics should be reading NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2047 MB it only reads Display 6Mb.

I Sincerely hope there will be a stable working driver that supports all Metal Cards by the time the GM is announced - and that can't be far away at all now. Doubt very much indeed that this is a Clover issue as El Capitan and nVidia have been great throughout and indeed I don't recall too many issues like this in the betas. Here we've gone from PB3 to PB5 in a short window indeed a.d we have had the same patched driver rather than an updated one that works!

What does "nvram -p" output in terminal?

(This thread is a vacuum of lost posts)

Edit: As far as I can tell this has to do with changes in the OS around SIP that clover hasn't dealt with. I, too, have never had GPU issues with betas or El Captain until PB3 (didn't try previous Sierra betas), which forced me to enter nv_drv=1 into the NVRAM for the OS rather than in Clover, at boot, for the first time (on a non-EFI motherboard).

Nothing but tears and pulling out clumps of hair! This 367.10.10.05b0367.10.10.05b0 patch is utterly useless on my system. Simply refuses to load every time! Where Graphics should be reading NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2047 MB it only reads Display 6Mb.

Same here with GTX970.................. :(

I have the EmuVariableUEFI-64 installed and just tried booting with Inject Nvidia... no difference at all!

what is your issue with GTX750Ti?

mine is working with PB5

What is my issue? really?... can't explain it any simpler than I already did... and even provided a screenshot! Seems it will load for some but not others!

added (again) sudo nvram nvda_drv=1

nvram -p just spews out a load or random stuff and not any kind of ordered list from what I can see...

I have the EmuVariableUEFI-64 installed and just tried booting with Inject Nvidia... no difference at all!

What is my issue? really?... can't explain it any simpler than I already did... and even provided a screenshot! Seems it will load for some but not others!

nvram -p just spews out a load or random stuff and not any kind of ordered list from what I can see...

OK man no need to get angry :)

have you tried using Mac Pro 6,1 SMBIOS with AGDP patch app?

use nvram -xp you will see more listed details...

Sorry if this has been asked before: Did you use the clover preference pane to save the nvram whenever a change occurs ?

I'm on the road and can't look up the right term.

You might also clear the nvram and set nvda_drv only. Clover and the system will restore what they need. Haven't had any device or app that stored anything in the nvram and was negatively affected by clearing the nvram.

KTC which drivers you have in clover?

I have EmuVariableUEFI-64, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and PartitionDxe-64 installed..............

have you tried using Mac Pro 6,1 SMBIOS with AGDP patch app?

Can you please explain better what's the AGDP patch app ?

nvram -p just spews out a load or random stuff and not any kind of ordered list from what I can see...[/size]

Injecting nVidia device IDs will not help you.

If you do not post the "random stuff" NVRAM -p outputs then we cannot help you :( As others are able to get the card working it is clearly an issue with either Clover drivers or Clover NVRAM, as has been documented throughout this thread

I have EmuVariableUEFI-64, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and PartitionDxe-64 installed..............

Can you please explain better what's the AGDP patch app ?

I wouldn't use EmuVariableUEFI-64 and AGDP patch allows the OS to control power management of the gaphics cards

If only the graphic card would at least be recognized......................

As a (dirty) workaround, you could try to add nvda_drv=1 to the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist like this :

<dict>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>
</dict>

That way, you could make sure the problem is with NVRAM or not.

• Like 1

Care to expand on this? I have LittleSnitch running and, other than trustd reaching out to get new certs, I haven't really seen any "calling home"… Am I missing something? :o

Some services phoning home;

/usr/libexec/keyboardservicesd

/usr/libexec/nsurlsessiond

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreParsec.framework/parsecd

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PassKitCore.framework/passd

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PhotoAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/Support/photoanalysisd

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PhotoLibraryPrivate.framework/Versions/A/Support/photolibraryd via /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PhotoLibraryPrivate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/PhotoLibraryServices.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.photomoments.xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.apple.photomoments

/usr/libexec/rtcreportingd

I left out a handful that, like trustd, I don't think are worth blocking. A couple on this list I can't find enough documentation on to blindly trust. The photo stuff I'm sure is associated with Photos but I don't want my library's information culled in any way, shape or form and Apple is a huge data mining company now. This brings me to that first service. Now is it tracking our keyboard usage the same way a mobile keyboard app would?

Inquiring minds would like to know... but for now it remains blocked until satisfactorily proven benign.

I wouldn't use EmuVariableUEFI-64 and AGDP patch allows the OS to control power management of the gaphics cards

Any problem with this settings?

I have no problem running 10.11 and 10.12 like this except 10.12 no support for CUDA so cannot run applications such as Resolve...

i had the same problem that you have right now, i spent all night trying all posible solutions, i finally fix it, i will upload the file for you, the problem is the web drivers, i tried fixing that version but i couldn't, but i use El Capitan latest drivers and i fixed, now is working in sierra 10.12.5 pb, i don't need to use the nvram value either, but the driver is in 99% i need to double check to try to make it 100%, the only problem is at startup it does the glitch like when you don't have acceleration enable, like when you use nv_disable but after that everything is enable and working perfectly fine both of my card are recognized in nvidia control panel , in about my mac, with the right ram, let me just double check everything and i will upload the files for you, i also felt the same way like you ,i was worried but now i'm not worry anymore , the official drivers will work the same way they always has, i look inside the beta drivers here and they have bunch of errors inside, incomplete system version, etc etc etc , i'm not saying that is the person that worked in the drivers here, most likely the drivers came broken from nvidia , just give me some time like an hour or 2 for me to prepare everything i just wanted to give you the good news. i'll be back later.

I can assure you that the drivers are not broken and are working. The reason the version number is simply "16A" in the drivers is not because they're "broken," but because they need to work across different betas (this happens with every beta driver). Don't hack harder than you need to (ie injecting the OS version into old drivers).
  • Like 1

Lol, alright -  I did not mean any offense, and thought I was being polite by pointing out a reason why a full version number isn't included in the driver's plist, but I thought the goal here was "vanilla OS X" :) Either way, you are hacking harder than you need to when the solution is to let things be broken (non-working boot arguments/NVRAM) and use old drivers.

Glad you figured out a solution for the proper drivers and things are working, sorry to have offended - happy hacking!

• Like 1