Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,025 posts in this topic

I'm afraid that's all what it is.  :(

And unfortunately, don't think things will change with public release (367.10.10.05f01).  :no:

Mystifying why they'd make this beta final without addressing the issue but as you say.... may have to wit for an updated driver which I hope they are already working on and will be available on the 20th or thereabouts! They were pretty good on support for Maxwell for El Capitan!

• Like 1

Back to the main discussion, though.  :)

Nvidia Web Driver - 367.10.10.05b01 has been updated to support the last macOS 10.12 GM build 16A320.

Please, check the first page post #1.

Regards

Nvidia just added the support for the latest macOS 10.12 GM3 build 16A322.

The driver seems to be the same since DP4/PB3 so don't expect to see any improvement.

Nvidia just added the support for the latest macOS 10.12 GM3 build 16A322.

The driver seems to be the same since DP4/PB3 so don't expect to see any improvement.

Just read the build number for this latest "update" is 16A322 whereas my build is 16A320... and there is seeminly no update in Mas..... what's the story there? But indeed... same build for the driver so no update!

There is however an update for iTunes... I really hope at least there is colour again... they stripped out all the good thigs I like about it!

My gtx 980 isn't working with 16A322 drivers with same macOS build

tried forcing it, with no luck

Well, I had a similar problem I guess (the difference is that my video card is an GTX 750ti).
I've found that the boot_args with nvda_drv=1 is not enough and, for my case to be using a z97 motherboard, is not necessary to have the EmuVariableUefi file at /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI, so, I've deleted it, cleared the nvram (sudo nvram -c) and then use the NV Web Driver to set the nvram variable, restarted and now is working fine (excepts for the transparency issue)  :thumbsup_anim:

Hope this helps you.

I have GTX 980 and X99 platform. nvidia drivers working well dont use boot arg nvda_drv=1 on Mac OS Sierra . slice autor of clover write about that here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304530-clover-change-explanations/page-2 last time when clover has been updated  "

Rev 3733

It was my mistake setting nvda_drv=1 flag as boot-args. No! It is NVRAM variable nvda_drv that can have a value "1".

So I make new config value"

<key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>

thats all guys everything works :)

• Like 5

I have GTX 980 and X99 platform. nvidia drivers working well dont use boot arg nvda_drv=1 on Mac OS Sierra . slice autor of clover write about that here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304530-clover-change-explanations/page-2 last time when clover has been updated  "

Rev 3733

It was my mistake setting nvda_drv=1 flag as boot-args. No! It is NVRAM variable nvda_drv that can have a value "1".

So I make new config value"

<key>SystemParameters</key>

<dict>

<key>NvidiaWeb</key>

<true/>

</dict>

thats all guys everything works :)

do you add emuvariableuefi-64.efi to clover?

Hi Everybody,

I have successfully installed the driver under Sierra with a Gigabyte GTX 970 on a Skylake system (Gigabyte z170m + 6600k), but could not activate it, until I installed the EmuUefiVariables.efi extension in Clover.

Perhaps will it helpful to somebody...

But with the newest Clover 3751, i can set the NVRAM variable NvidiaWeb=true, so i don't need the EmuUefiVariables extension at all, again...

Thanks for the great work!

• Like 3

Hi Everybody,

I have successfully installed the driver under Sierra with a Gigabyte GTX 970 on a Skylake system (Gigabyte z170m + 6600k), but could not activate it, until I installed the EmuUefiVariables.efi extension in Clover.

But with the newest Clover 3751, i can set the NVRAM variable NvidiaWeb=true, so i don't need the EmuUefiVariables extension at all, again...

also dont need boot flag nvda_drv=1

• Like 1

i told them like 6 pages back but they didn't listen to me , now my board works without having to use emuvariable, so that weird problem that i had is now fixed thanks to this new version of clover, so i only needed to use emuvariable only in sierra and only for the card to work in sierra , my board has support for nvram without having to use emuvariable so it turn out to be a problem that clover fixed , technically i was forced to use emuvariable in sierra if i wanted my card to work, i explain this a million times, then they say that i didn't know what i was doing or i didn't know what i was talking about, that there it was something wrong with my board or my configuration. so time proved me right. anyway let's just forget the whole thing and move on, i'm happy and i can't wait for Sep 20. Sierra  :thumbsup_anim:

windows 10 sucks

Hi Everybody,

exactly the same thing happened to me 

now we are not forced to use emuvariable if our boards have support for nvram , the only person now that needs to use emuvariable are the ones that don't have nvram support in their boards and they are using clover in EUFI mode, so things are now back to normal.

Updated Driver 367.15.10.05f01 !!!

Just got it via the Update Button in the NVIDIA pref plane.

Changelog:

- New G-SYNC Option added in NVIDIA Driver Manager pref plane.

- Geekbench 4.0.1 still aborts in the 2nd openCL test for me

- ???

• Like 1