Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,025 posts in this topic

Ok, but I just don't understand why everything worked fine with SMBIOS 13,1 (the most accurate for my system) before updating Clover and webdrivers.

I think it's useful to use the most accurate SMBIOS for each system.

Ok, but I just don't understand why everything worked fine with SMBIOS 13,1 (the most accurate for my system) before updating Clover and webdrivers.

I think it's useful to use the most accurate SMBIOS for each system.

Yes I do agree that the smbios must be closer to its material

Sometimes it takes a little adapt

This is a Hack therefore not always perfect

post-1181448-0-14936600-1477159626_thumb.png

• Like 1

Yes I do agree that the smbios must be closer to its material

Sometimes it takes a little adapt

This is a Hack therefore not always perfect

Ok, thanks a lot! Solved with this.

I didn't tried it before because I thinked it worked only with 6,1, 15,1 and 17,1 SMBIOS.

Thanks a lot, now my system works better than before with nvidia web drivers flag in Clover (with the older Clover, using nvdia_drv=1 flag, boot was slower and I had 2-3 seconds of black screen going from the white apple to the os desktop).

Ok, thanks a lot! Solved with this.

I didn't tried it before because I thinked it worked only with 6,1, 15,1 and 17,1 SMBIOS.

Thanks a lot, now my system works better than before with nvidia web drivers flag in Clover (with the older Clover, using nvdia_drv=1 flag, boot was slower and I had 2-3 seconds of black screen going from the white apple to the os desktop).

Great  :wink_anim:

• Like 1

New Nvidia Driver is here !

https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/367/WebDriver-367.15.10.15f01.pkg

Still 59MB in size.

IOVARenderer is not ready for prime time, neither is NVDAGP100HalWeb.kext and CUDA 8.0.46 needs an update to work but just one day after 10.12.1 has been officially released  :D

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>16B2555</string>
  • Like 1

Hi guys, i really really hope there is something can be done, cause start feeling helpless. 

After update to sierra (everything worked perfectly before).

Running MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

10.12 (16A323)

AKiTiO Thunder 2 Box with NVIDIA EVGA 980ti.

10.05f01Driver which should fit my os version (checkbox on using web driver)

And cant see the card, only founds the thunderbolt interface

Tried reinstalling the drivers, uninstalling, installing updating, installing with script automate-eGPU. And lots of unlogical {censored} found on internet and it didnt work. 5 hours of efforts.

Cant get why it doesnt work? 

P.S. First time using eGPU. I would be extremly gratefull if you help me with this.

Hi guys, i really really hope there is something can be done, cause start feeling helpless. 

After update to sierra (everything worked perfectly before).

Running MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

10.12 (16A323)

AKiTiO Thunder 2 Box with NVIDIA EVGA 980ti.

10.05f01Driver which should fit my os version (checkbox on using web driver)

And cant see the card, only founds the thunderbolt interface

Tried reinstalling the drivers, uninstalling, installing updating, installing with script automate-eGPU. And lots of unlogical {censored} found on internet and it didnt work. 5 hours of efforts.

Cant get why it doesnt work? 

P.S. First time using eGPU. I would be extremly gratefull if you help me with this.

So what i did and what helped me.

Loading with command +s

2. Press Enter

3. After the system loads a blinking cursor will appear. This indicates that you may start typing in commands. 

4. Type the commands below, press enter after finish entering each line:

NVIDIARecovery

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*

shutdown -r now

5. Original drivers are now restored 

Then used automated script which makes things happen from github

GitHub: https://github.com/goalque/automate-eGPU

Removing System System Integrity Protection:

1. Reboot the Mac and hold down Command + R keys simultaneously after you hear the startup chime, this will boot OS X into Recovery Mode

2. When the “OS X Utilities” screen appears, pull down the ‘Utilities’ menu at the top of the screen instead, and choose “Terminal”

3. Type the following command into the terminal then hit return: csrutil disable; reboot

Download Latest: curl -o ~/Desktop/automate-eGPU.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goalque/automate-eGPU/master/automate-eGPU.sh

Install: chmod +x ~/Desktop/automate-eGPU.sh

Desktop: cd ~/Desktop

Run: sudo ./automate-eGPU.sh

Everything works perfectly now. Cuda drivers aswell. Installed them separately

Contribitions to 

• Like 2

Hi !

I'm stuck right there too ... sorry for the newbie comment but, I can't get patched the build, I'm stuck on 16B2657, how is the procedure?

I write the 16B2555 and click on, but nothing happens 

Hi !

I'm stuck right there too ... sorry for the newbie comment but, I can't get patched the build, I'm stuck on 16B2657, how is the procedure?

I write the 16B2555 and click on, but nothing happens 

post-1181448-0-44219200-1477831250_thumb.png

Dunno why, or what I'm doing bad, but I set the number and have try both... 

Whats is the order of procedure, set the build number (16B2555) and click on patch immediately or after ... I'm a little lost here

I was able to update webdriver with patch above.  I'm on 16B2657.  Surprisingly I was able to overclock my Catleap monitor to 120hz without iokit patch.  I don't know why.

My issue is it doesn't seem like GPU is going to 2D clocks even at 60hz.  Its not down clocking when idle.  Anyone have any ideas anything I should be checking its a GTX 770.