AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

On 5/30/2021 at 5:15 AM, ellaosx said:

15 = No sound coming from Internal Speaker & Headphones 

16 = Internal Speaker is OK. No Headphones

17 = No Output visible

In a previous post you said that you only have speakers and headphones, but the dump also shows me line-out. What's the device name? Does it work with VoodooHDA?

Hi,

i'm struggling to create a custom setup for my laptop. I've tried already all the layoutid already present in AppleALC. If i use id 76 i have speakers working but when i connect earspeaker i've a distorted audio.

I've tried to use pin configurator to build a patch and then compile a new AppleALC version but i ended up with a not working speakers and the same distortion when using earspeker.

Could someone please give a look at my linux dump and help me out ?

Thanks

Mattia

dump.txt.zip

Edited by tmbt

On 5/23/2021 at 10:55 PM, wern apfel said:

@matgeo  I've made some progress with the TRRS jack issue, but not completely  fixed, I will upload a sample if it's fixed.

Could you push a commit for the changes you made for ALC256 layout 21 to Acidanthera , so as to keep those changes with latest releases?

Latest commits may fix the problem with the audio from speakers working only after sleep.

have successfully gotten big sur to run on this aliexpress special kllisre x79 m2 motherboard with a c204 chipset

last piece of hardware seems to be audio, I can see it uses a realtek alc662 chipset from a visual inspection and in windows it appears to utilise the alc662 drivers

ioreg/ioname for the hdef device appears to be pci8086,1c20

i've loaded up applealc as per normal and have run through all of the possible layout id's without any luck

any one able to shed any light on this?

On 6/6/2021 at 8:46 AM, matgeo said:

Could you push a commit for the changes you made for ALC256 layout 21 to Acidanthera , so as to keep those changes with latest releases?

Latest commits may fix the problem with the audio from speakers working only after sleep.

Can someone please push a commit to Acidanthera ?

I don't know how to do it.

Here is the patched file

Thnaks in advance.

AppleALC.kext.zip

Edited by matgeo

1 hour ago, wern apfel said:

I'm sorry, don't have much time, but here's a kext where I added a new layout. Try it with layoutID 12.AppleALC.kext.zip

Thanks but not working for me.

If you have the time can you compile the new commits applealc 1.62 (that works with Monterey) with the changes you made for me on layout 21( see previous kext i uploaded).

Thnaks in advance for all your help.

14 hours ago, matgeo said:

No , with both 21 and 12 there is the problem with noise and cpu stack at max speed. That is because line in is back.

Sending you the kext you patched removing the line in.

AppleALC.kext.zip 1.21 MB · 0 downloads

Unfortunately I can't see the changes from this kext, it's just binaries. Try this.

AppleALC.kext-1.6.2.zip

40 minutes ago, wern apfel said:

I think I messed up something. You can try this kext, also run the new script with alc-verb from the attachment. 

AppleALC.kext_1.6.2.zip 149.57 kB · 1 download realtek_alc.sh.zip 1.39 kB · 1 download alc-verb.zip 6.59 kB · 1 download

With this kext there is no sound at all from external speakers (and there is an unknown device in in input)

So, I switched back to old good kext and atteching logs from the script.

First is after rebooting , when there is no audio from ext speakers.

Second is after waking from sleep , when sound works.

Terminal Saved Output 2 after sleep.txt Terminal Saved Output.txt