[AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

spakk

1,255 posts in this topic

Will these kernels run on AMD A8 APUs? if so will it run under a Virtualbox one a linux running on a AMD A8 APU :P .

I tried the latter with a few kernels, but resulted in the infamous Guru Meditation error :( , any help will be much appreciated :thumbsup_anim: .

Thanks.

followed the few instructions, then everyone amd kernel will start your system.

anyone have test update to 10.11.3 ?

on my hackintosh is El Capo 10.11.4 installed, everything runs smoothly.

today it's like Christmas and New Year on the same day when bronya  uploads rc3 kernel. :D

Below are three different kernels for FX CPU, hope this one here is which will fix the green glitchy, please test

I did not get test one of these kernel on my hackintosh

Edit:

There are actually a many of kernels were uploaded, please always mention the correct name of the kernels, so that no confusion reigns !, please.

Kernel10.11.2_FX.zip

kernel10.11.2_FX1.zip

kernel10.11.2_FX1b.zip

Edited by spakk
  • Like 3

I have created El-Capitan 10.11.2 installer following procedure above, this was for AMD PC with FX 8350, Asus Sabertooth rev 1.0 motherboard with Geforce 660 GTX graphics card (Radeon HD 7870 kept giving me white screen issue so I swapped it for an Nvidia card that works OOB).  

It ran through installation Ok except I had no mouse during the install and had to use the keyboard controls to pass through the various install screens.  I had already configured a new SSD for os x, which was just as well as I couldn't access Disk Utility or any other features during the installation.  

I installed using Bronya's Kernel 10.11.2 rc1, but when installation completes and I reboot to usb to load OS from HD I get instant reboot, once devices such as fire wire, ethernet etc. detected. 

Anyone know the likely cause of the instant reboot?  I have tried different and by that I mean additional bootflags to the ones in the extra folder chameleon.plist, but with no change.

today it's like Christmas and New Year on the same day when bronya uploads rc3 kernel. :D

Below are three different kernels for FX CPU, hope this one here is which will fix the green glitchy, please test

Edit:

There are actually a many of kernels were uploaded, please always mention the correct name of the kernels, so that no confusion reigns !, please.

post-177127-14533164123159_thumb.jpg

First not boot, attached screen shot.

System.Kext error to load

today it's like Christmas and New Year on the same day when bronya  uploads rc3 kernel. :D

Edit:

1. Kernel10.11.2_FX - same graphics bugs.

2. Kernel10.11.2_FX1 - same graphics bugs.

3. Kernel10.11.2_FX1b - same graphics bugs.

System load and work fine, but same graphics bugs.

attachicon.gifIMG_20160120_195910.jpg

First not boot, attached screen shot.

System.Kext error to load

please at the first time after installing the system.kext and kernel, repair the permissions then renew the cache
and after each kernel replace renew the cache.
otherwise this will  booting anything.

Hi ! 

Try kernel_rc2_all and kernel_rc2_FX_without_opemu .

You can try only kernel without this System.kext ...

I added symbols and no gets error for symbols ... 

attachicon.gifkernel_10.11.2_rc2_all.zip

attachicon.gifkernel_10.11.2_rc2_FX_without_opemu.zip

RC2 all works with my Athlon II X2 but this is spamming console,

Shaneees-Pro mdworker[214]: LaunchServices: received XPC_ERROR_CONNECTION_INTERRUPTED trying to map database
  • Like 1

please at the first time after installing the system.kext and kernel, repair the permissions then renew the cache

and after each kernel replace renew the cache.

otherwise this will booting anything.

Repared permission with chown

One strange that , if i disable sse4_1 , sse4_2 and ssse3 , i load 10.11.2 , i get's blue icons .
If i disable only ssse3 , i get's green icons ... =))) 

I hope that "steparab" has nothing against, that I publish his theory here.

here is an excerpt of his theory with image:

"...i want to tell you something else, some apps like Text Wrangler can load the hidden apple logo in the menu bar http://s27.postimg.org/4l0jqsnoz/2016_01_20_1_16_37.png as you see without any green at all, i think it uses menubar Which scripts i have to find and study it or has some old Apple logo embedded did .. i do not know it has no protection and just loads ........"

he may be right with his theory, if you looks at the image of Text Wrangler without graphical glitchy.

What do you think Bronya?

everything was clean with no color distortion ...maybe FX CPU discards the value 0xFF000000 with 0xff00ff00 ???? but not everywhere .... strange spook.. :lol:

check these

Thank you very much! But it's not working, I've tried with clover, with USB-FIX and without it. But i've didn't tried Chameleon yet. Should I use it with USB-Fix or without it?

p.s. strange, why Chameleon works with USB-FIX and Clover not, hmmm...

Shaneee I can not test on my system, because each kernel works with my system.. here's another test kernel based on an older source.

.... perhaps the opemu source needs to be revised, hope that Bronya, Andy, or Tora Chi Yo or Sinetek find a solution to the problem.

Test.zip

Thank you very much! But it's not working, I've tried with clover, with USB-FIX and without it. But i've didn't tried Chameleon yet. Should I use it with USB-Fix or without it?

p.s. strange, why Chameleon works with USB-FIX and Clover not, hmmm...

I can only tell you, how you can boot it with Enoch, with Clover, I have little experience. Clover and USB-Fix you have to read the short post by marius,

mariusvictorbach, on 13 Jan 2016 - 1:32 PM, said:

Hi spakk,

Thanking you for the contribution!

System Profiler is blank, but all ports seem to be working great on ASUS X99 (including USB3.1)

with Clover ===> Any USB related ACPI patches in Clover + GenericUSBXHCI.kext + any kext injectors must be removed though.

br, Marius

.... your graphics card and your USB port works with the dsdt?

Edited by spakk