[AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

spakk

1,255 posts in this topic

Think I found the kernel but fine is fine until I add the extra disk, both for the external usb and the internal connections. In the bios it shows it but it just shows a grey screen after the mac logo.

This is temporary for me since I will soon be getting an Intel i7 6-core. But I wanted a cheap alternative until then since I use Unreal Engine and I need multi-core. I was also planning on making this my Windows computer once I get i7 6-core. I could still use Windows if FX is too moody but I really hate it. I have to use 8.1 since 10 doesn't seem to be compatible with unreal yet.

Geez, need to watch out for automatic correction (meant to add fine not mine lol, must have been frustrated).

please write the exact model

i have an m-audio fast track and an m-audio m-track.  Both worked straight out of the box with Yosemite.  Now i get appleusbaudio to load but i don't see it at all in my system info.  no audio devices at all.  I get a XHCI error whenever I boot, i'm guessing that's related to the kexts that you posted, so now i'm stuck :(

Well guys, I'm done being lazy and I'm preparing my El Cap installer in my Mavericks VM right now,

hope it works.

P.S. Thanks Spakk for the USB fix otherwise I would have to re-install yosemite on my OS X partition and then get my DSDT, patch it, Install El Cappy.  But with you rpackage I just maek my installler, add your USB fix, and [hopefully] viola! :)

• Like 3

In regards to VMware, it doesn't make sense to me since it's much slower due to it really being Windows not Mac. It's an emulator, Mac is actually much faster. Windows is probably faster then the VMWare. Just remember to uninstall the charms in Windows when you do that, otherwise Microsoft can track you and give you little privacy.

who can give the first report?

I'm going to test it soon. Hopefully it will start with the extra SSD.

Oh, strange bug, that was meant to be a separate post. :rolleyes:

In regards to VMware, it doesn't make sense to me since it's much slower due to it really being Windows not Mac. It's an emulator, Mac is actually much faster. Windows is probably faster then the VMWare. Just remember to uninstall the charms in Windows when you do that, otherwise Microsoft can track you and give you little privacy.

I'm going to test it soon. Hopefully it will start with the extra SSD.

Oh, strange bug, that was meant to be a separate post. :rolleyes:

On most forums (InsanelyMac inlcuded) if you post twice (or more) in succession within a certain time frame without anyone else's posts in between, It'll automatically merge your posts.

Edited by XtremeHacker

Hi.  When trying to boot my El Capitan installer made using Shanee's guide (minus fakesmc and nullcpu kexts) and in verbose I get

still waiting for root device

If I use the bootflag USBBusFix=Yes In Enoch's pre OS X boot (where it shows kernel booter, detected lan, etc), and doesn't seem to prgress any further

Specs are in my sig, Bootlader is Enoch, Bootflags are:

-v

-x

GraphicsEnabler=No

npci=0x3000

Thanks for your help. :)

-XtremeHacker

Hi.  When trying to boot my El Capitan installer made using Shanee's guide (minus fakesmc and nullcpu kexts) and in verbose I get

If I use the bootflag USBBusFix=Yes In Enoch's pre OS X boot (where it shows kernel booter, detected lan, etc), and doesn't seem to prgress any further

-v

-x

GraphicsEnabler=No

npci=0x3000

-XtremeHacker

• Like 1

It is not good news.

the content of the kernel is identical and based on Bronya's kernel 10.9.4 for FX Cpu :(

...it would be good, if could test someone and confirm, I hope a positive report.

System.kext fails to prelink macframework won't load system reboots. I think it's wrong permissions thing, try to fix permissions and kextcache before you reboot from terminal guys see if there any errors.My eyes are closing i will try it tomorrow Gn.

i have an m-audio fast track and an m-audio m-track. Both worked straight out of the box with Yosemite. Now i get appleusbaudio to load but i don't see it at all in my system info. no audio devices at all. I get a XHCI error whenever I boot, i'm guessing that's related to the kexts that you posted, so now i'm stuck :(

Patch your DSDT to rename xhci to xhc

I try booting with flag:

-v -f npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

-v -f npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No

-v -f -x npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

-v -f -x npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No

-v -f npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes nv_disable=1

-v -f npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1

-v -f -x npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes nv_disable=1

-v -f -x npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1

The same, reboot.

Boot without dsdt! Use last Kernel from bronya

Try to boot with: -v -f npci=0x3000 nv_disable=1 usekernelcache=no

Please continue this discussion in the Help toppic, that's the reason why we have created the toppic!

System.kext fails to prelink macframework won't load system reboots. I think it's wrong permissions thing, try to fix permissions and kextcache before you reboot from terminal guys see if there any errors.My eyes are closing i will try it tomorrow Gn.

Then use the sysrem.kext from the download link (Extensions folder) and try to create the prelinked kernel.

@spakk, i boot without dsdt, the same, reboot.

Please continue this discussion in the Help toppic, that's the reason why we have created the toppic!
Then use the sysrem.kext from the download link (Extensions folder) and try to create the prelinked kernel.

1. Use Bronya kernel or is you this kernel?
2. I put System.kext to S/L/E, right? Or put to Extra/Extensions?

Not work, reboot after attached screen. Change System.kext and kernel, change only kernel, the same.

I have just received the information that I made a mistake occurred in the building of the kernel. i'am sory, but Bronya is building a new kernel for FX CPUs.

• Like 1

After all, I'm successful installing El Capitan 10.11.2, using Bronya Kernel RC1 and USB Patch by spakk, but there is little gitch as shown in this screenshot, anyone have same issue? and how to resolve it? Thanks all AMD developer

post-1613657-0-83275900-1453116354_thumb.png

• Like 1

@justiqbal

a little patience until the new kernel is comming.

but all in all it looks very good, except for the few graphics glitches.

• Like 2

@justiqbal
a little patience until the new kernel is comming.
but all in all it looks very good, except for the few graphics glitches.

yup, I'm trying running kodi media server and running smooth, everything seem good, now I'm trying to running other apps and maybe some game :D

@spakk, i boot without dsdt, the same, reboot.

1. Use Bronya kernel or is you this kernel?
2. I put System.kext to S/L/E, right? Or put to Extra/Extensions?

Please wait a little until Bronya builds the new kernel and it uploads.

• Like 1

-v

-x

GraphicsEnabler=No

npci=0x3000

-XtremeHacker

hey mate did you find the solution?I have the same problem...

-v

-x

GraphicsEnabler=No

npci=0x3000

-XtremeHacker

@@Lathos, nope.

Edited by XtremeHacker

"(com.apple.WindowServer) : Service only ran for  0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds."

Seems to be when I have been trying nv_disable

then install the CUDA drivers or WebDriver, then boot with nvda_drv=1
unless you've installed an Nvidia graphics card???? 
It's lot written (in your signature), very much lowercase but even if I have my reading glasses on, I can not say with security !!

but this is an issue which belongs to the help toppic! 
please take care that only kernel development-related dialogues should to be written here! I thank for your consideration