Gigabyte Z170X - Gaming 7 - Success Hackintosh

164 posts in this topic

Here there is an error. When creating boot by usb so on El Capitan is okay, but when installed on ssd clover 3330 to launch in El Capitan is in the bios boot options appear more 1 again and so continuously accumulated for the next boot time follow. I can fix it?

Easiest way is to refresh the firmware to the same version again. That will rid it. Or maybe you could try a full power down + bios reset - pull plug out - wait a few secs and reboot / back to bios and load  defaults/looad up your saved profile and see what happens too.

• Like 1

Easiest way is to refresh the firmware to the same version again. That will rid it. Or maybe you could try a full power down + bios reset - pull plug out - wait a few secs and reboot / back to bios and load  defaults/looad up your saved profile and see what happens too.

I'll try and report later. Tks you.

it's same like my files. Can you send me your AppleHDA.kext. 

i sent before

Here there is an error. When creating boot by usb so on El Capitan is okay, but when installed on ssd clover 3330 to launch in El Capitan is in the bios boot options appear more 1 again and so continuously accumulated for the next boot time follow. I can fix it?

Make sure there is no another EFI partition at your Computer. If you dual boot with windows,, then reinstall windows,, install it with UEFI mode. Windows will make Bootable file at EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi in EFI Partition of OS X Harddrive. Then to delete those entries, you need to run "bcfg" command with shell. Clover has shell command when you get GUI Clover (see at left of options). 

I use this command tu delete another "DISTURBING" entries. 

"bcfg boot rm 03"

Change "03" with values of disturbing entries. (use "bcfg boot dump" to see disturbing entries's value)

Sorry for my bad english,, i hope you understand what i meant

Andres ZeroCross Thanks for the info in your Z170X-Gaming-7-USB3.0-Injection.kext . My Gaming G1 is almost there and Im now fine tuning.

Your Gaming 7 is almost the same as my motherboard the Gaming G1 although I have a different layout / extra banks of USBs

​Could you adjust your USB injector kext and make one for the G1? Or show me what I need to do?

UPDATE: Also I have two extra Asmedia 1061 port connectors (labelled SATA3 6-7, GSATA3 8-9). Any recommendations? Ignore They work OOTB!

[info for my gaming G1 spec is here http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5478#sp]

[info for your gaming G7 spec is here http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5481#sp]

Andres ZeroCross Thanks for the info in your Z170X-Gaming-7-USB3.0-Injection.kext . My Gaming G1 is almost there and Im now fine tuning.

Your Gaming 7 is almost the same as my motherboard the Gaming G1 although I have a different layout / extra banks of USBs

​Could you adjust your USB injector kext and make one for the G1? Or show me what I need to do?

Also I have two extra Asmedia 1061 port connectors (labelled SATA3 6-7, GSATA3 8-9). Any recommendations?

[info for my gaming G1 spec is here http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5478#sp]

[info for your gaming G7 spec is here http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5481#sp]

You could add this kext http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/436-ahciportinjectorkext/for the ASM1061

As for the USB I would recommend giving https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-Alla read.  You will need to plug in a usb 2 and usb 3 device into the USB ports and determine which ones you do not need and modify the inject all kext to only inject for ports that you need.

Hi Guys, i upgraded my motherboard from Z170-HD3 to Z170X-Gaming 7 :)

System Specifications :

Processor : Intel Core i7 6700 SkyLake 
Motherboard : Gigabyte Z170X - Gaming 7 (I need more onboard Sata Ports)
VGA : Palit Jetstream GTX960 4GB DDR5
Memory : Dual Channel Team Extreem Dark 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 3000Mhz OC
Storages : 6 Storages (120GB SSD Natno For Windows 10 Enterprise, 120GB Fujitsu for OS X El Capitan, 2TB For Data Multimedia / Program, 2TB for Master Game Installer, 500GB For Data OS X, 500GB for Game Live Installed)
Optical Drive : Asus DVD-RW Box
LAN : Dual LAN - Killer LAN E2400 dan Intel I219V
Camera : A4Tech PK-920H WebCam
Monitor : 2X Asus VN248H @24" Full HD Supported
Audio Codec : Creative CA0132

Clover version : 3330

OS X Version : El Capitan 10.11.2 Beta Build 15C48a

Boot Mode : UEFI with CSM Disabled

Working : 
1. QE/CI Full Support with Nvdia
2. Camera Webcam OOB
3. Sleep, Restart, Shutdown 
4. I use Voodoo HDA version 2.8.8 for my Creative CA0132
5. HDMI Audio from Nvidia Card
6. Power Management, Multiplier dan Turbo Boost with SSDTPrGen from Pike R. Alpha
7. iMessages (Inject MLB and ROM from Real MacBookPro)
8. LAN Killer E2400
9. Etc

Not Working : 
1. Can'nt use AppleHDA :( Update : we can use AppleHDA for Creative CA0132. See here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309441-new-applehda-patcher/?p=2194865
2. Not supported Ethernet I219V yet
3. Intel HD 7000 Integrated

4. Super Speed USB 3.0 not function at 10.11.2 Beta version. But, with 10.11.1 Public releas it's working nicely. Bug i thought. Update : with 10.11.2 Build 15C50 all USB are Working, use my "Z170X-Gaming-7-USB3.0-Injection.kext" and SMBios 17.1 Credit to Rehabman

I just need to flash bios into beta version then disable IOAPIC Entry :) , then dumping your DSDT with Clover and check about all of your XHC device port and make USBInjection.kext from Clover :)

This is my Files

Another Screenshots

Which version of the BIOS are you running? I have nearly the same CPU(6700K) & Motherboard(Gigabyte Z170X - Gaming 7), but no luck so far.

I've tried your version of config.plist files & kexts as well as the one published under here for the skylake starter. 

Here are my founding so far about BIOS:

• f6f - I am not able to get to the language choice menu
  • f6k - I was able to get to the language menu but list of drives was empty

Great,, i am waiting for this :D

Which version of the BIOS are you running? I have nearly the same CPU(6700K) & Motherboard(Gigabyte Z170X - Gaming 7), but no luck so far.

I've tried your version of config.plist files & kexts as well as the one published under here for the skylake starter. 

Here are my founding so far about BIOS:

• f6f - I am not able to get to the language choice menu
  • f6k - I was able to get to the language menu but list of drives was empty

1. Enter your bios

2. Check where you can find IOAPIC Setting and change to "DISABLE"  :thumbsup_anim: 

3. Look for SERIAL PORT Setting,, and set to "DISABLE"

4. Try to Install again

Seems like vga not work well. I had to boot using port display port, then the login screen to switch to hdmi port and I have set up in BIOS Intel Hd Graphics onboard card was 530. I used discrete amd r9380. Where can I find this kext ?

This is screen shot

for AMD Graphics Card,, you need to Patch ATY Connector :D

Read this one, credit to Vlada http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303186-how-to-modification-of-amd-fb-clover-injection/

Intel I219-V is here :D

post-1311960-0-17138200-1449939605_thumb.png

attachicon.gifimac17g1.jpg

[success] El Cap 10.11.2 on Gigabyte z170 Gaming G1 / i7 6700k \64Gb RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6143 MB 

All pretty cool so far.

Both Killer network nics work with Atheros2200\2400 Meinze's kext.

Most USBs work / switched some off at boot so yet to try all

Attempting to see if Killer WIFI AC1535 will work (could've sworn I noticed this was working earlier...)

Attempting to see if I can get the m.2 samsung PCIe x4 NVME 500Gb card working

Will take a look at getting Creative 3D Sound {censored} working too

Very interested if you will have any luck with the M.2 drive. I have same drive.

I have Nvidia 970 4GB, but after installing alternative drivers from nvidia my machine is still running some weird 7MB version of it.

Is there anything special I need to do? When I enable Integrated graphic on the BIOS my machine does not want to boot up.

I have Nvidia 970 4GB, but after installing alternative drivers from nvidia my machine is still running some weird 7MB version of it.

Is there anything special I need to do? When I enable Integrated graphic on the BIOS my machine does not want to boot up.

Thats like its not working properly, safe mode style! You should download and install latest (google them) nvidia web drivers, then check your config plist in clover configurator and make sure nvda_drv=1 is checked in 'Boot' section of clover, File>Save. reboot to see if it works. If not you'll have to nv_disable=1 when you reboot to Clover boot, arrow over to options and put them in the boot attributes there so you can one time get back into OS X and sort it out.

As to the m.2 drive I'm halfway trying to get it to initialise it using windows 7 then Ill reboot to see if OSX can see it. Doubtful though. Someone is working on a kext I understand....

Hi sir!

I am noob of Mackintosh world.

I bought the same board and CPU.

But I can't find the installation guide by step by step one.

Is there any detail step by step guide? or could you provide it for me?

I am seriously new person of this.

Please help me.

Thank you!!

Hi Guys, i upgraded my motherboard from Z170-HD3 to Z170X-Gaming 7 :)

System Specifications :

Processor : Intel Core i7 6700 SkyLake 
Motherboard : Gigabyte Z170X - Gaming 7 (I need more onboard Sata Ports)
VGA : Palit Jetstream GTX960 4GB DDR5
Memory : Dual Channel Team Extreem Dark 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 3000Mhz OC
Storages : 6 Storages (120GB SSD Natno For Windows 10 Enterprise, 120GB Fujitsu for OS X El Capitan, 2TB For Data Multimedia / Program, 2TB for Master Game Installer, 500GB For Data OS X, 500GB for Game Live Installed)
Optical Drive : Asus DVD-RW Box
LAN : Dual LAN - Killer LAN E2400 dan Intel I219V
Camera : A4Tech PK-920H WebCam
Monitor : 2X Asus VN248H @24" Full HD Supported
Audio Codec : Creative CA0132

Clover version : 3330

OS X Version : El Capitan 10.11.2 Beta Build 15C48a

Boot Mode : UEFI with CSM Disabled

Working : 
1. QE/CI Full Support with Nvdia
2. Camera Webcam OOB
3. Sleep, Restart, Shutdown 
4. I use Voodoo HDA version 2.8.8 for my Creative CA0132
5. HDMI Audio from Nvidia Card
6. Power Management, Multiplier dan Turbo Boost with SSDTPrGen from Pike R. Alpha
7. iMessages (Inject MLB and ROM from Real MacBookPro)
8. LAN Killer E2400
9. Etc

Not Working : 
1. Can'nt use AppleHDA :( Update : we can use AppleHDA for Creative CA0132. See here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309441-new-applehda-patcher/?p=2194865
2. Not supported Ethernet I219V yet Work with new kext see here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/205771-appleintele1000ekext-for-108107106105/page-38?do=findComment&comment=2195842credit to @alreadystarted
3. Intel HD 7000 Integrated

4. Super Speed USB 3.0 not function at 10.11.2 Beta version. But, with 10.11.1 Public releas it's working nicely. Bug i thought. Update : with 10.11.2 Build 15C50 all USB are Working, use my "Z170X-Gaming-7-USB3.0-Injection.kext" and SMBios 17.1 Credit to Rehabman

I just need to flash bios into beta version then disable IOAPIC Entry :) , then dumping your DSDT with Clover and check about all of your XHC device port and make USBInjection.kext from Clover :)

This is my Files

Another Screenshots

Can you please give more dummy approach on how did you get the audio to work? Should I include the two kext you have in the zip or do I get the kext from other post you linked to about Creative CA0132?

m.2 samsung PCIe x4 NVME 500Gb card on the Gigabyte G1 Gaming works with this fantastic FREE kext at macvidcards.com.

This is MAJOR news.

​For NVME m2 users this is news from heaven :-)

I am having a tough time getting the installer to see my sata drives.  I got the installer to see them once but not after that. Your zipped folder contains two separate config.plist files with separate info in them.  I assume you are using Clover.  Could anyone post their clover folder from a working setup?  I could use some pointers, I have built about 30-50 hackintoshes in my day but this is my first new machine in a few years.  I have used the files Andre has posted but the folders have 2 sets of config files and such.  Is Clover the suggested bootloader?

My setup and what i've done:

GA-Z170X Gaming 7 Mobo

32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Ram

Crucial M550 500GB SSD

Gigabyte ATI Radeon 7950 Video card.

SuperIO (Serial): Diabled

XHCI Handoff: Enabled

IOAPIC entries: Disabled

running latest Beta bios posted in another forum.  

UPDATE-1:  I think I discovered the solution.  I had used the Beta Bios from a Gigabyte forum V. F6k  It does not seem to play nice for some reason.  I went back to F6f from the actual Gigabyte product page for the Gaming 7.  I am now running my clean install again on my SSD.  I will update as I go!

Update-2:  Fully up and running with everything working save for the Audio.  I have never been all that handy with codec dumping and fussing with AppleHDA patching.  I have read through the post linked by Andres for the Creative CA0132 but I am unclear what I and where I need to place in my system.  I notice that the headphone jack is not working,  I only use a 2.1 speaker setup with a sub so should I go the voodoo route?  Should I be placing the CA0132.kext in my Clover kexts folder or install to S/L/E?  

Any help with this final piece is appreciated!  Excellent work on this!

Update-3:  One thing I forgot to mention, All my USB devices work on boot save for my Razer Naga mouse... I have to hotplug it 1-3 times before it starts working.  This seems odd since the USB3 patches appear to be working for all my other stuff.  (Logitech C920 webcam, Steelseries Apex Keyboard and Razer Krakken headset all work fine)

Thoughts?

It's look USB 3.0 Problem again with El Capitan Build 15D9c :)

Can you please give more dummy approach on how did you get the audio to work? Should I include the two kext you have in the zip or do I get the kext from other post you linked to about Creative CA0132?

1. You only need to get Platform.xml.zlib and layout"x".xml.zlib. "x" is depend for layout of your audio. Ask to the patcher, what layout that you should use??
For me, i's layout 2. After you get Platform.xml.zlib and layout2.xml.zlib then try to make dummy kext that contains value of pin config. Normally, you can see this value at AppleHDA/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/contents/info.plist, see at line "HDAConfig Default" :D

After that,, use patch on the fly of clover to patch binary of AppleHDA. 

I am having a tough time getting the installer to see my sata drives.  I got the installer to see them once but not after that. Your zipped folder contains two separate config.plist files with separate info in them.  I assume you are using Clover.  Could anyone post their clover folder from a working setup?  I could use some pointers, I have built about 30-50 hackintoshes in my day but this is my first new machine in a few years.  I have used the files Andre has posted but the folders have 2 sets of config files and such.  Is Clover the suggested bootloader?

My setup and what i've done:

GA-Z170X Gaming 7 Mobo

32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Ram

Crucial M550 500GB SSD

Gigabyte ATI Radeon 7950 Video card.

SuperIO (Serial): Diabled

XHCI Handoff: Enabled

IOAPIC entries: Disabled

running latest Beta bios posted in another forum.  

UPDATE-1:  I think I discovered the solution.  I had used the Beta Bios from a Gigabyte forum V. F6k  It does not seem to play nice for some reason.  I went back to F6f from the actual Gigabyte product page for the Gaming 7.  I am now running my clean install again on my SSD.  I will update as I go!

Update-2:  Fully up and running with everything working save for the Audio.  I have never been all that handy with codec dumping and fussing with AppleHDA patching.  I have read through the post linked by Andres for the Creative CA0132 but I am unclear what I and where I need to place in my system.  I notice that the headphone jack is not working,  I only use a 2.1 speaker setup with a sub so should I go the voodoo route?  Should I be placing the CA0132.kext in my Clover kexts folder or install to S/L/E?  

Any help with this final piece is appreciated!  Excellent work on this!

Update-3:  One thing I forgot to mention, All my USB devices work on boot save for my Razer Naga mouse... I have to hotplug it 1-3 times before it starts working.  This seems odd since the USB3 patches appear to be working for all my other stuff.  (Logitech C920 webcam, Steelseries Apex Keyboard and Razer Krakken headset all work fine)

Thoughts?

Update-4:  WEIRDEST thing has happened.  Everything was working....  Now I am all of a sudden not able to boot and its as if the AppleAPIC patch is not working.  When it does boot The networking does NOT work and the Video card seems to think it is a Geforce 960....  I changed nothing.  I am quite perplexed.  About to try and start over but my USB installer boots and I can no longer see my drives again.  All the proper things are still disabled in Bios.  It's as if it is a totally different setup now.

Flash your bios again with beta bios, set as default. Change IOAPIC Entry to Disable, Make Sure serial port = Disable. Then you go

Flash your bios again with beta bios, set as default. Change IOAPIC Entry to Disable, Make Sure serial port = Disable. Then you go

1- Set WHAT as default?

2- I have re-flashed my bios countless times.....

3- How do I remove YOUR entries that make my system think I have your Geforce 960.

Don't use my DSDT, LoL

I have already inject my Nvdia GTX960 at DSDT, so you need remove DSM method at PCi0.PEG0.PEGP so it will detect your graphcs card correctly

I think Intel Hd Graphics 530 not working correctly.

This is my screenshot. Anyone can fix it ???

Did you use GTX960 too?? LoL  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical: 

You need to modify my DSDT if you use another graphics card than mine

• Like 1

Don't use my DSDT, LoL

I have already inject my Nvdia GTX960 at DSDT, so you need remove DSM method at PCi0.PEG0.PEGP so it will detect your graphcs card correctly

Did you use GTX960 too?? LoL  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical: 

I'm Noob.

I think i don't have experience for modify DSDT.

I'm just going to hackintosh world.

I'm finding kext for Intel Hd Graphics 530 and then AMD R9380 :P

Don't use my DSDT, LoL

Thank you,  Clearly there was some language barrier here.  I suspected it was in the DSDT, I would have not packaged it in the download you provided.  I assumed you had put a default in there.

Update:  OK I feel dumb!  I am clearly not paying attention, Andres you of course did an excellent job providing the files we need to do this.  I apologize for my brashness and impatience.  My video card requires no patches and I kept dropping your ACPI folder in place assuming it was a default DSDT.  I am up and running again and I thank you!  I took on this project since I have been home sick recovering from Pneumonia.... my overmedicated brain was rushing through steps.

Things have certainly evolved since my last hackintosh 4 years ago!

I have things working flawlessly now save for one oddity.  My Razer Naga Epic mouse needs to be hotplugged 2-6 times at reboot in order to show up.  My Logitech webcam, Steelseries keyboard etc... all work as intended with no issues.  I am thinking a power consumption issue maybe?  Any thoughts?

I am going to poke around and see if I can find similar issues for people...  Regular generic mouse works fine.

Screen_Shot_2015_12_17_at_2_42_57_PM.png

UPDATE: Seems my Logitech Webcam does the same thing and I have to hotplug it to get it to function.  It does not always need to be done however.  I also have a sleep issue with my Gigabyte Radeon 7950... I am trying to find a UEFI bios that's compatible with my GPU but i'm having little luck.

DSDT patching is my weakest suit, any help or advice is appreciated.  I can post my ioreg dump and DSDT if needed.  Is the GraphicsEnabler = No flag still the go to fix for Radeon's with the sleep issue in El Cap?