Gigabyte Z170X - Gaming 7 - Success Hackintosh

164 posts in this topic

Greetings !

And thanks for your guide and informations.

I have a build quite similar, same MoBo, i7-6700K, ASUS Strix GTX980 Ti for graphic card, 2 x 16gb 3000Mhz Corsair Domination RAM, and running 10.11.6

I tried to post-install using your files but i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong cos the sound just won't work. Graphic card is detected all good with Alternate Nvidia Drivers, using boot flag set in Clover Configurator and all... Everything seems pretty stable. The USB3 on the back work but the front one on my Corsair 450D case are stuck on USB2, which I can live with. But the sound, the sound...

I managed to get the hdmi audio to work, using provided kext found online to fix this, on tonymacx86 site, but I would really like to get the whole on board audio to work properly. 

Do I need to edit anything in the clover config.plist file to get the sound to work ? I followed the Toleda guides, I tried injecting audio, used the AppleALC kext, the audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0s10 command, but I dunno what codec to use since we have the CA0132... I use system profile 17.1 , 14.2, the usual 3.1 but yet nothing seems to work, and It's hard to find any guide for this specific configuration. I tried copying your clover folder but i had kernel panic and barred sign instead of apple logo on boot.

Any help or advice or guidance would be welcome. I don't mind even doing yet another clean install as it goes smooth and fast, so if ever there is a file I messed up or some updates of your files I could use to fit my own build, that would be awesome.

Thanks for your time and patience and, hopefully, wisdom and knowledge about this specific motherboard and config.

Bless !

PS : This is my 2nd hackintosh build btw, been running an old i7-2600K on a Z97 Mobo for years and still running fine... That new Skylake build is giving me headaches I didn't have since I built the first one haha. ^^

post-1783049-0-55452700-1471061005.png

post-1783049-0-51673900-1471061013_thumb.png

config.plist.zip

audio codec detect v1.6 command results.txt

post-1783049-0-44864400-1471061238_thumb.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks to Andres ZeroCross!!! Spent a good chunk of a month trying to get creative kext loaded properly. Took a break and started back at the first post and verified everything again with his guide. Works now!!! TIP:Make sure you clear out any other methods that you try and patch a vanilla AppleHDA.kext for good measure.

I'm getting no signal on boot with a GTX 960. Tried with a GT 710 just to try and see if it would work and it worked but only at 30hz 4k. Can anyone please drive me in the right direction? I'm using Sierra, SMBIOS 14,2, and AGDP Fix v1.3 applied. Also, using HDMI.

• 3 weeks later...

After following some links from OP on this thread, I found another thread where Wern is still developing a modded AppleHDA.kexthttp://www.insanelym...ohda/?p=2379348

I got rid of all my other audio-related changes, replaced my /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext with that, and set audio layout inject to 1 with HDAS to HDEF renaming in clover plist. I've now got audio on most of my headphones and line out ports with volume control! I'm on 10.12.3.

• 1 month later...

The first page has a DL for 10.11 config and DSDT, is there one for 10.12.3? 

I have 10.12.3 working with a GTX 980ti but sleep looses connection with both the internet (network I guess) and USB3.0 devices 

I have never been able to get sound working despite working my way through Wern Apfel thread and trying everything I could. I'm thinking of doing a clean install.

Any help would be appreciated. 

• Like 1

The first page has a DL for 10.11 config and DSDT, is there one for 10.12.3? 

I have 10.12.3 working with a GTX 980ti but sleep looses connection with both the internet (network I guess) and USB3.0 devices 

I have never been able to get sound working despite working my way through Wern Apfel thread and trying everything I could. I'm thinking of doing a clean install.

Any help would be appreciated. 

-Post ur full Clover folder with original tables, press F4 in Clover Boot Screen, files generate in Clover/Acpi/origin
-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer
-Run it, post files generate in ur desktop

-Check folder for ur next installation, UEFI!

CLOVER.zip

-Install Clover with these options

01.png

-Replace folder

Patches

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-HPET
-SATA
-DMAC
-SLPB
-DARWIN
-LPC
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDAS to HDEF
-HDEF
-RTC
-IRQs
-SBUS
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-LAN
-USBX
-PMCR
-EC
-PNLF
-HDMI NVIDIA / ATI

For Native PM u can use Generate P and C States in config.plist or Pike Script

ssdtPRGen.command.zip

If u install Clover with options above, just replace ;)

I got my audio running with AppleALC 1.1.1 and Lilu 1.1.0 in clover/kexts/other with Layout id=2 injected. Z170X Gaming 7 rev 1.0 MOBO. Only once did it not work and i hat to shut down, start windows and start Sierra again. But like i said it works 98%. Never happened again. (Its been a few weeks). If layout ID 2 doesnt work, try 0-6.

Let me know if that helps.

Did you ever use bluetooth? I am having trouble with Bluetooth and Broadcom Cards. I had the Broadcom BCM943602CS and Broadcom BCM943602CD and both provided wireless lan but no bluetooth connection with my iPhone.

Regards,

Hunk

• 4 months later...

Hi, I have this motherboard, along with a 6700k and a 1070 GTX. My Hackintosh is working almost flawlessly, except for sleep/wake. It either just wakes itself up automatically (except the monitor will stay black). When I move the mouse the monitor will come back on. Sometimes it will also just go into a reboot-loop.

Am I correct in assuming I need a correct DSDT to fix this problem?

Using the DSDT and SSDT from this thread didn't seem to do anything for me.

It's all a bit confusing to me, could someone help me with a simple step-by-step guide on how to get a DSDT for my own setup and so I can post it and see if everything's alright?

For what it's worth, the terminal says the wake reason is:

2017-08-18 23:46:33.880022+0200  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XDCI XHC

• 2 months later...

For what it's worth, the terminal says the wake reason is:

2017-08-18 23:46:33.880022+0200  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XDCI XHC

That's usually a sign of an attached device waking your machine up. I saw this with a Dell monitor that had a built-in USB hub. The hub was the problem. Disconnecting just the USB let my machine stay asleep. 

• 1 month later...