Gigabyte Z170X - Gaming 7 - Success Hackintosh

164 posts in this topic

Andros, Ive hit upon a snag with the GIGABYTE Gaming G1. Id been using a PCIe USB 3 card of recent weeks but decided to see if any of the motherboards USB ports would work since developments and take out the PCIe card. Also one of my front side USB3 blue ports has a pin broken so I have to get round to soldering it back together at some stage but wondered if a missing pin would effect other parts of the USB chain. The fronts list as HS04 4 port from 14410000 to 1440000 and the broken pin means port 14420000 doesn't work. So I should be ok Id have thought with one missing port.

What I would like to know.

Did all your USBs show up from HS01 all the way upto the USR ports when you used USBInjectAll for your board ? Im only getting HS01 to HS10 and since I have a very similar board to yours I wondered why this was occurring. 

In System Information > USB I see the non working device listed as USB 3.0 Bus with;-

USB 3.0 Bus:

Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBXHCIPCI

PCI Device ID: 0x15b6 

PCI Revision ID: 0x0000 

PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086

Nothing I do can get it working it seems.

Could you take a look?

Here attached is my ioregistryexplorer file zipped if you need it.

Thanks

PS   The other device is fine as in;-

USB 3.0 Bus:

Capacity: 15.63 GB (15,631,122,432 bytes)

Removable Media: Yes

BSD Name: disk8

Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBXHCISPT

Partition Map Type: GPT (GUID Partition Table)

PCI Device ID: 0xa12f 

PCI Revision ID: 0x0031 

PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086 

Volumes:

EFI:

Capacity: 209.7 MB (209,715,200 bytes)

BSD Name: disk8s1

Content: EFI

Volume UUID: 0E239BC6-F960-3107-89CF-1C97F78BB46B

USB:

Capacity: 15.29 GB (15,287,148,544 bytes)

Available: 4.56 GB (4,556,734,464 bytes)

Writable: Yes

File System: HFS+

BSD Name: disk8s2

Mount Point: /Volumes/USB

Content: Apple_HFS

Volume UUID: C313FE0C-6EF5-30EF-A576-FD4268662199

USB Optical Mouse:

Product ID: 0x2510

Vendor ID: 0x093a  (Pixart Imaging, Inc.)

Version: 1.00

Speed: Up to 1.5 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: PixArt

Location ID: 0x14800000 / 3

Current Available (mA): 1000

Current Required (mA): 100

Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

Built-In: Yes

Corsair K65 RGB Gaming Keyboard:

etc...etc....

Sorry for the late reply,,, 

Yes,, i have all port HSx and SSPx show at IOREG

Don't forget to use Patch to unlock limit ports, see the screenshot for the patch

post-1311960-0-06919900-1451674292_thumb.png

post-1311960-0-94122900-1451674298_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i installed everything, but i have some problems

first of all my system:

ga-z170-gaming 7

i7 6700k

ssd samsung evo 250

vga: gigabyte windforce 980ti

i didn't test the USB 3, if they are working

the problems

1)i don't have sound.

2)i installed nvidia web driver, i restarted, and i boot with nvda_drv=1, but the monitor after the boot goes to sleep mode.

if i boot with nv_disable=1 it boot "normal" but mac doesn't regonice the graphics card

(any step by step guide will be helpful, i am noob at hackintosh)

thanks

hi, i installed everything, but i have some problems

first of all my system:

ga-z170-gaming 7

i7 6700k

ssd samsung evo 250

vga: gigabyte windforce 980ti

i didn't test the USB 3, if they are working

the problems

1)i don't have sound.

2)i installed nvidia web driver, i restarted, and i boot with nvda_drv=1, but the monitor after the boot goes to sleep mode.

if i boot with nv_disable=1 it boot "normal" but mac doesn't regonice the graphics card

(any step by step guide will be helpful, i am noob at hackintosh)

thanks

Hey, I have the same system with you.

You can just go to Download section and download VoodooHDA 2.8.8 v3. And install it. Audio will work fine.

I have a different GPU Radeon. But you can find many many thread for your GPU which is common in these days.

When you install VoodooHDA, you will have apple audio controller. But mine is not working properly. I mean my audio is working well but the controller can not control the sound strength at all. I should change the sound manually. I just wonder this is only my problem??

Please let me know if your's is working fine.

GL

Joe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Thanks for creating this tread. I have the same motherboard as you but instead I have the Titan X 12GB . for some reason when I used your  files (I don't modify anything just copy paste)  doesn't work. but when I disable the Titanx and used the internal Video Card (General Setting Files) it Launch OK, Could you please let me know what I need to Change to make my TitanX work?

Also I have 64GB of Ram but only showing 32gb

Thanks in advance

There is General Setting Folder that i have uploaded. Look for another attachment :)

Yes the general settings folder structure boot fine with the internal video card (I change bios for this too)

but when i used your Z170X-Gaming 7.zip I get a waiting for root device error. Could please explaing how to used your Z170X-Gaming 7.zip Files, I meant I mount the EFI partition and them Copy the full content of the zip file inside the EFI folder in the EFI partition, Correct?

Yes the general settings folder structure boot fine with the internal video card (I change bios for this too)

but when i used your Z170X-Gaming 7.zip I get a waiting for root device error. Could please explaing how to used your Z170X-Gaming 7.zip Files, I meant I mount the EFI partition and them Copy the full content of the zip file inside the EFI folder in the EFI partition, Correct?

Don't use my DSDT if you have different Graphics card with me. I use Nvidia GTX960 and you don't. So use general setting configuration,, install with bootflag "-v nv_disable=1" then it should let you to install OS X. :)

If you get stucking then take a photo and upload here. Sorry for my bad english

Don't use my DSDT if you have different Graphics card with me. I use Nvidia GTX960 and you don't. So use general setting configuration,, install with bootflag "-v nv_disable=1" then it should let you to install OS X. :)

If you get stucking then take a photo and upload here. Sorry for my bad english

Thanks for you help, sorry for the noob question how do I  "don't use your DSDT?" simply removing the DSDT.aml from the folder? 

System Specs: Z170X Gaming 7, Core i7 6700k, GTX 980 Ti and a Intel 750 

I currently have El Capitan running fine in VMWare on this system. Today I was looking around and I saw they released a free NVMe Kext and noticed people having success booting with a Intel 750

This will be my first Hackintosh, so far I made a bootable flash drive. Disabled and enabled everything needed in the bios. Currently using beta bios F7d

When booting to the flash drive I see an Apple logo and the loading bar filling up it stops around 40% than I see a cancel symbol on my screen.  

I am sure I am missing a few steps and any help will be greatly appreciated! 

Hi,

thanks for your Guide, i got most of my System working.

- Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7

- Intel i5-6500

- NVIDIA GTX 750 TI

- Samsung 950 Pro NVMe

I used parts of you clover config (APIC Patch, 15 Port Limit Patch ...) and your USB Mapping ssdt.

Used your kexts and added NVMeGeneric and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. I have the kexts only on EFI Partition and not in /S/L/E or L/E

All USB Ports (including 3.1) are working

didn't tried sound yet

Only problem i have that shutdown is not working, system reboots after shutdown. (shutdown did work sometimes after rebuilding kextcache)

Is there any Logfiles from shutdown to have a look at?

System Specs: Z170X Gaming 7, Core i7 6700k, GTX 980 Ti and a Intel 750 

I currently have El Capitan running fine in VMWare on this system. Today I was looking around and I saw they released a free NVMe Kext and noticed people having success booting with a Intel 750

This will be my first Hackintosh, so far I made a bootable flash drive. Disabled and enabled everything needed in the bios. Currently using beta bios F7d

When booting to the flash drive I see an Apple logo and the loading bar filling up it stops around 40% than I see a cancel symbol on my screen.  

I am sure I am missing a few steps and any help will be greatly appreciated! 

When plugging in my flash drive into a USB 2.0 port the bar starts to load and once it reaches 70% it restarts. I added boot arg "nv disable=1" because I have a GTX 980 Ti but still no luck.

HI, I used your "GENERAL SETTING CLOVER" them  installed the Ethernet kext with easy kext

I had to changed system definition to MacPro 5,1 in order to make work the Titan_X if I use iMac17 I get a black screen, everything seem working fine, Anything else would you recomend?

Thanks

AndyCorleone : if you have SkyLake Platforms, then you must use iMac17,1 for better CPU and System Power Management. The solution of Black Screen is editing "AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kexts's info.plist" inside "AppleGraphicsControl.kext's plugin". Edit "none"according iMac17,1 board-id.

WannabeOCer : you need to use FakeSmC with cpusensor.kext that support SkyLake already. Don't use old FakeSmC, if you have installed Nvidia Web Driver then change "nv_disable=1" to "nvda_drv=1".

If you get black screen, check solution above

Hi Guys, i upgraded my motherboard from Z170-HD3 to Z170X-Gaming 7 :)

System Specifications :

Processor : Intel Core i7 6700 SkyLake 
Motherboard : Gigabyte Z170X - Gaming 7 (I need more onboard Sata Ports)
VGA : Palit Jetstream GTX960 4GB DDR5
Memory : Dual Channel Team Extreem Dark 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 3000Mhz OC
Storages : 6 Storages (120GB SSD Natno For Windows 10 Enterprise, 120GB Fujitsu for OS X El Capitan, 2TB For Data Multimedia / Program, 2TB for Master Game Installer, 500GB For Data OS X, 500GB for Game Live Installed)
Optical Drive : Asus DVD-RW Box
LAN : Dual LAN - Killer LAN E2400 dan Intel I219V
Camera : A4Tech PK-920H WebCam
Monitor : 2X Asus VN248H @24" Full HD Supported
Audio Codec : Creative CA0132

Clover version : 3330

OS X Version : El Capitan 10.11.2 Beta Build 15C48a

Boot Mode : UEFI with CSM Disabled

Working : 
1. QE/CI Full Support with Nvdia
2. Camera Webcam OOB
3. Sleep, Restart, Shutdown 
4. I use Voodoo HDA version 2.8.8 for my Creative CA0132
5. HDMI Audio from Nvidia Card
6. Power Management, Multiplier dan Turbo Boost with SSDTPrGen from Pike R. Alpha
7. iMessages (Inject MLB and ROM from Real MacBookPro)
8. LAN Killer E2400
9. Etc

Not Working : 
1. Can'nt use AppleHDA :( Update : we can use AppleHDA for Creative CA0132. See here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309441-new-applehda-patcher/?p=2194865
2. Not supported Ethernet I219V yet Work with new kext see here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/205771-appleintele1000ekext-for-108107106105/page-38?do=findComment&comment=2195842credit to @alreadystarted
3. Intel HD 7000 Integrated

4. Super Speed USB 3.0 not function at 10.11.2 Beta version. But, with 10.11.1 Public releas it's working nicely. Bug i thought. Update : with 10.11.2 Build 15C50 all USB are Working, use my "Z170X-Gaming-7-USB3.0-Injection.kext" and SMBios 17.1 Credit to Rehabman

I just need to flash bios into beta version then Go to BIOS Setup and "disable IOAPIC Entry" :) , then dumping your DSDT with Clover and check about all of your XHC device port and make USBInjection.kext from Clover :)

This is my Files

1. This is for Z170X-Gaming 7 + Palit Jetstream Nvidia GTX960 + TL-WDN4800. So if your system build is not same to my sytem then you need to modify DSDT File

2. Universal Setting Clover. Try to use this one,, if you want to use Integrated Graphics and Discrette Graphics Card then set into BIOS for Primary Graphics from IGFX then just boot and it should active your integrated first and discrette graphics output few later. If you just want to boot with Discrette Graphics then set at bios primary graphics is PCI-E Download

Another Screenshots

3. Sleep, Restart, Shutdown <== My hackintosh not working correctly. Sleep and not wake up, don't shutdown, it restart forever.

4. Super Speed USB 3.0 not function at 10.11.2 Beta version. But, with 10.11.1 Public releas it's working nicely. Bug i thought. Update : with 10.11.2 Build 15C50 all USB are Working, use my "Z170X-Gaming-7-USB3.0-Injection.kext" and SMBios 17.1 Credit to Rehabman <=== I install with KCMP Utility Pro but not working.

I have attach my DSDT and config.plis.

Tks for help.

origin.zip

config.plist.zip

post-1633391-0-87305700-1453358687_thumb.png

post-1633391-0-23025900-1453358696_thumb.png

post-1633391-0-35713600-1453358705_thumb.png

Then how about Tick "fix_WAK" ;)

Now it shuts down and goes off, but turns on again.

I found the tip to turn off "Wake on Lan" but its shown greyed in UEFI for the Intel Lan so I can't to that

Next Thing will be installing Windows on Second Drive to check if its the same so i have to search UEFI Settings.

And the 10.11.3 Update seams to break USB 3.1 again

Did you have luck with AppleHDA and using all Inputs and Outputs or are you still using VoodooHDA?