New AppleHDA Patcher

Mirone

306 posts in this topic

Kudos... So basically this will patch the kext regardless of the codec?

Yes, but leaves you to install the full patched AppleHDA.kext that breaks the code signature or the aDummyHDA.kext + Clover patches... that leave untouched your original AppleHDA.kext :)

Hi, 

I want to use the aDummyHDA.kext but it don't work. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but the app don't generate any config.plist, neither correct my own when dragged into the window app, also no HDAEnabler.kext is created.

Tried to use the full patched AppleHDA.kext too, but no luck.

I selected ADI 1988b codec, with layout-id 7.

When I use this app in other machine, with ALC 898 codec, it works OK, all the files are generated as supposed.

I don't know if this is relevant, but the motherboard is BIOS based, the one where everything works OK is UEFI.

no error in console? I think that something has crashed.

BTW for the momemt you can copy the AppleHDA.kext from your secondary machine, then drag it to AppleHDA Patcher.app and generate all the files for your secondary hack..

no error in console? I think that something has crashed.

BTW for the momemt you can copy the AppleHDA.kext from your secondary machine, then drag it to AppleHDA Patcher.app and generate all the files for your secondary hack..

No errors in console.

Just for curiosity I tried selecting ADI 1988B codec in the secondary machine with ALC898 codec actually installed, and the results were the same.

Seems like the problem is when the ADI 1988B codec is selected.

Both machines are running El Capitan, so AppleHDA.kext are the same.

• Like 1

Hi again there,

I tried this on other machine 7 series 10.11.2. Made sure vanilla AppleHDA kext there and no conflicting stuff either.

I have a layout id of 12 but that I think won't matter if I followed right for clover injection? So I need the AdummyHDA kext and the config.plist edit for clover only? Mickey said to go to clover devices and inject number but is that number layout id 12? I try that but no go. 

this is connexant cx20757